DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2013 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2013 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2013 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 04-30-2013, 01:49 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: Ram
Rep:76
Grimass will become famous soon enough

If you order a truck, It's not yours until you drive it off the lot. Just make sure the dealer writes on your receipt for the deposit "Fully Refundable".
Old 04-30-2013, 10:28 PM

Vehicle: 2013 Ram
Trim Level: Outdoorsman
Color: Blue
Engine: 2013-20?? 220ci (3.6L) Pentastar 305hp 269lb/ft
Rep:39
ramaries is on a distinguished road

I had a lot of the same concerns but finally decided it wasn't worth worrying over and bought a V6 RAM CC Outdoorsman today.
Old 04-30-2013, 10:34 PM
Addicted to the Z

Vehicle: 2014 RAM 1500 Limited
Trim Level: Crew Cab 4X4 Limited
Color: PX8 Black
Engine: 2014-20?? 182.3ci (3.0L) L630DOHC V6 240hp 420lb/ft Eco-Diesel
Rep:2463
RansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond repute

I've had my 2010 sport for over three years now without a single problem. I'm on this forum not to vent on problems but to share pics and mod ideas with fellow RAM owners. My time on this forum has been extremely rewording so far. So not everyone comes on here to rant.
Old 04-30-2013, 10:36 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2013 Ram Laramie Longhorn
Trim Level: Laramie Longhorn
Color: White
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:16
mdragon9 is on a distinguished road

There's been a few of these threads lately. Lots of people, me included, have had great experiences so far with their 2013 trucks.

Kinda curious though, you mentioned a Longhorn and V6 in the same question. I don't think the V6 is available in the Longhorn series.
Old 04-30-2013, 11:02 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500
Color: Copperhead Pearl/White Gold
Rep:67
Powerwagon 46 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramaries View Post
I had a lot of the same concerns but finally decided it wasn't worth worrying over and bought a V6 RAM CC Outdoorsman today.
What color did you get? Do you have any pictures you could share?
Old 05-01-2013, 12:07 AM

Vehicle: 2013 Ram
Trim Level: Outdoorsman
Color: Blue
Engine: 2013-20?? 220ci (3.6L) Pentastar 305hp 269lb/ft
Rep:39
ramaries is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerwagon 46 View Post
What color did you get? Do you have any pictures you could share?
Got a blue one. Hopefully it will grow on me. Was not my first color choice but I have about given up on finding the config I wanted and this was real close to what I wanted. Having to drive a dang long way for it so hope it will be worth it. Won't be able to pick it up until end of next week. Got a pretty good deal (I think).
Old 05-01-2013, 08:49 AM

Vehicle: 2013
Color: Black Gold Pearl
Rep:11
firemarshallvin is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdragon9 View Post
There's been a few of these threads lately. Lots of people, me included, have had great experiences so far with their 2013 trucks.

Kinda curious though, you mentioned a Longhorn and V6 in the same question. I don't think the V6 is available in the Longhorn series.
If you are referring to my original post, then I wasn't grouping the two. I was looking at the Longhorn, but was wondering if guys were even getting the V6 in anything, since dealers were haven't difficulty getting themselves..

Thanks all for the uplifting comments, in light of everything I did go out last night and order my Longhorn with all the trimmings. Dealer, whom I've got a good read on I think, and has been around awhile, says that I may see it in 6 weeks. I've told him about all the experiences I'm reading about here and he laughed. Said that the delay thing is more than likely the dealer and their inability to actually place the order correctly or not order it right away. Said a lot of times they often don't order it immediately. IDK really we will see. He said he's not had any problems getting anything and deals with mainly trucks out of this dealership. I'm planning on the long haul, so if it happens sooner, it's a bonus.

Good luck everyone else, see ya when she arrives.

Add-ons:
14" Magnaflow, BAK FiberMax Tonneau, Misc Whelen Emergency Lights and Switchpak.
Old 05-01-2013, 12:01 PM

Vehicle: 2013 1500 4x4 5.7 6spd
Trim Level: Express QC 6'4" bed
Color: Polar White
Rep:44
turbohawk is on a distinguished road
My two cents on the V6, 8 speed tranny, and higher end uConnect:

All three of these items are new for 2013 in Ram, from what I understand. One of the things my grandpa passed on to me was to NEVER buy a first year model of ANYTHING, that is, unless you want to be frustrated and like being a guinea pig. So, other than the non-optional uConnect 3, the all-important mechanicals of my truck have been around for years from what I understand.

From what I was led to believe from the dealer, the V6 will not get 25 mpg UNLESS it's in the HFE variant or standard cab. I realize that the Ram website shows all sorts of configurations and trim levels (like the Quad cab SLT) getting 25mpg hwy but just how does a quite a bit heavier quad cab get the same mpg as the smaller and lighter(?) standard cab? I went to the dealership to drive a V6 but they weren't available and perhaps they told me this to sell me one of the 5.7's off their lot?

8 speed tranny isn't new, but it is new for Ram and in a truck (correct me if I'm wrong, also told this by dealer). In five years if I need a new truck and the 8 speed is still around, tested, tried and true, AND it shows to be an asset to either load pulling or efficiency, then I might consider it. I do pull minimum 2 to 4.5 tons quite regularly and know owners that prove the 6 speed holds up well.

I have heard this from this site: You cannot install an aftermarket radio in the 2013 Rams, yet, due to some integration issues. Dealer wasn't certain when I asked this but every 2013 on their lot had one of the 3 uConnect systems. As I stated in another post, I don't like integrated electronics at all. Sure, if it's been around for 5 years and all the bugs ironed out and it doesn't cost an arm or leg, might take the risk. I did not want the "higher end" uConnect models mainly for the price and lack of benefit for me since I have separate bluetooth and gps components that frankly, work better from what I saw in my limited play time at the dealer. I don't want my whole truck in the shop for days because the blue tooth or navigation mode is "kaput". I'm weird this way.

I lucked out getting the Express since I was wanting a Big Horn or Longhorn as the latter seems to have vastly reduced load capacities from my Express 4x4 (I'm assuming the Big Horn is in the same boat, anyone verify?)

So look at all the stickers on the truck for loads and towing and make sure it's within your parameters.