DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2013 Dodge Ram Forum


Notices

2013 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2013 Dodge Ram!


Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #11  
Old 05-01-2013, 01:40 AM
domesticman domesticman is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Ajax-Pickering
Posts: 162
Gender: Male
Vehicle: '13 1500 CC 4x4 HEMI 8spd
Trim Level: Sport
Color: White
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep Power: 0
Rep:10
domesticman is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookie Monster View Post
Yes it is one of the main reasons for delays the other is the Air Suspension supply as well. Ram didn't expect such a huge demand for the Air Suspension and the supplyers had a hard time keeping up with demand. They have however caught up with supply for the Air Suspension.
As I mentioned in the update to the 8-speed build threads, IMHO, Ram made the 8-speed and air ride easily affordable. I mean, if the reason is such that we are all waiting due to the shortages of the above two upgrades I mentioned, they should have charged more so that they could have met orders easier without such a hit. I mean, if they can fulfil orders with a higher priced upgrade, it all offsets in the end. Now you've got a bunch of people who want the upgrades and Ram cannot meet it. Bullshittttttt.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
  #12  
Old 05-01-2013, 02:24 AM
GTyankee's Avatar
GTyankee GTyankee is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Member

 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: San Diego East County, Ca
Posts: 19,022
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 2X4
Trim Level: quad cab SLT
Color: sunburst orange pearl
Rep Power: 20
Rep:2615
GTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond repute
Default

the 8 speeds are again on restriction
Look at the NADA website & try to build your own ram
HEMI w/ 8 speed can't be ordered from the factory at the current time for the 2013s
guess they don't row the boat fast enough from Germany

you can keep trying to order the HEMI w/ 8 speed this year
or search online for dealerships that have it in stock
or wait & order a 2014 in June
__________________
Ram 1500 SLT Quad cab, 5.7 HEMI(R) MDS VCT, 5 speed auto 545RFE, 3.55 differential gears, 18" Magnaflow muffler, EGR bug deflector, Bushwacker fender flares, customized Nfab nerf bars, CB radio, Autonet wi-fi router, custom soft tonneau cover, Line_X bedliner, DEBO Step, build date 10/15/08 a Wednesday built vehicle
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 05-01-2013, 09:01 AM
firemarshallvin's Avatar
firemarshallvin firemarshallvin is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: New Joisey
Posts: 205
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2013
Trim Level: Laramie Longhorn
Color: Black Gold Pearl
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep Power: 0
Rep:11
firemarshallvin is on a distinguished road
Default

So the fact that i ordered yesterday was a blessing your saying? My order went through and I walked out of the dealer with my VON. Sounds like I won that battle!
__________________
2013 RAM 1500 Laramie Longhorn - Black Gold Pearl with all the trimmings. HEMI, 3.92, 8-Speed and Air Suspension

Add-ons:
14" Magnaflow, BAK FiberMax Tonneau, Misc Whelen Emergency Lights and Switchpak.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 05-01-2013, 09:15 AM
Cookie Monster Cookie Monster is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 484
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 13 1500 Laramie Crew 6'4
Trim Level: Laramie 8Speed 4x4
Color: True Pearl Blue
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep Power: 0
Rep:68
Cookie Monster will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by domesticman View Post
As I mentioned in the update to the 8-speed build threads, IMHO, Ram made the 8-speed and air ride easily affordable. I mean, if the reason is such that we are all waiting due to the shortages of the above two upgrades I mentioned, they should have charged more so that they could have met orders easier without such a hit. I mean, if they can fulfil orders with a higher priced upgrade, it all offsets in the end. Now you've got a bunch of people who want the upgrades and Ram cannot meet it. Bullshittttttt.

while it does suck that people are waiting longer to get their trucks with the hemi/8-speed combo. RAM did not plan that Kokomo was not going to be producing the 8HP70 transmissions till Q4. It was an unforseen issue which it is better they do not allow bad quality transmissions and fix the issues.

The good news with that is knowing the 2013 RAM's have actual ZF built transmissions even if it take bit longer to get. majority who have gotten the 8-speed/hemi are very happy with it and say its worth the wait.

Last edited by Cookie Monster; 05-01-2013 at 09:18 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 05-01-2013, 09:26 AM
klik's Avatar
klik klik is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 31
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2013Dodge Ram Laramie Longhorn
Trim Level: Laramie/Longhorn
Color: Copperhead/White Gold
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep Power: 0
Rep:11
klik is on a distinguished road
Default what I've heard

Got notice last Thursday that my 2013 Laramie Longhorn had landed, so when I got back from my trip Sunday went in and finished signing all the papers. Will I was there my salesperson told me mine was the last to get the air ride as the US had gobbled up any remaining systems and some options where no longer available. They hadn't installed the DVD player in mine so they are going to install headrest players at their expense (got to keep the grandkids happy). Pick it up tomorrow and will do some pics, gotta say it is sweet looking.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 05-01-2013, 10:13 AM
Cookie Monster Cookie Monster is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 484
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 13 1500 Laramie Crew 6'4
Trim Level: Laramie 8Speed 4x4
Color: True Pearl Blue
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep Power: 0
Rep:68
Cookie Monster will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by klik View Post
Got notice last Thursday that my 2013 Laramie Longhorn had landed, so when I got back from my trip Sunday went in and finished signing all the papers. Will I was there my salesperson told me mine was the last to get the air ride as the US had gobbled up any remaining systems and some options where no longer available. They hadn't installed the DVD player in mine so they are going to install headrest players at their expense (got to keep the grandkids happy). Pick it up tomorrow and will do some pics, gotta say it is sweet looking.

Thats not what I heared. what I heared from my source at Chrysler Canada is that the air suspension parts are in good supply right now and the hold ups for builds is mostly the 8-speed. The dvd entertainment system though is also an issue with supply.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 05-01-2013, 10:35 AM
ILuvaMyTrucka's Avatar
ILuvaMyTrucka ILuvaMyTrucka is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Port Hope, Ontario
Age: 38
Posts: 272
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2014 Ram 1500 4x4 CC
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Maximum Steel Metallic
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep Power: 0
Rep:38
ILuvaMyTrucka is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by domesticman View Post
As I mentioned in the update to the 8-speed build threads, IMHO, Ram made the 8-speed and air ride easily affordable. I mean, if the reason is such that we are all waiting due to the shortages of the above two upgrades I mentioned, they should have charged more so that they could have met orders easier without such a hit. I mean, if they can fulfil orders with a higher priced upgrade, it all offsets in the end. Now you've got a bunch of people who want the upgrades and Ram cannot meet it. Bullshittttttt.
So you would have been willing to pay more so that you wouldn't have had this delay? How much more? 25%, 50%, 75%?

Chrysler should have seen this demand coming and maybe done some more homework to make sure demands were met better.

But as a consumer you should too.

1. Before buying you heard the label 'Truck of the Year' this tells you more customers will likely be coming into Ram dealers to look at trucks.

2. Of course the 8-Speed will be in high demand, a customer buying a truck always wants to get the best mileage they can. Also, after doing some research the customer would have found out that the 8-speed was being made in Germany (a good thing). How could you not expect to see some delays building/shipping from Germany.

3. Air Suspension is also new this year, so us boys and there toys are always going to want something new and possibly better (I didn't take air though). So these are going to get gobbled up fast and cause delays.

With all that it told me to order earlier, and expect delays. Truck came in 11 weeks and I had no problems with that time frame at all. I didn't have to pay extra money (as your suggesting) to get what I wanted and possibly get my truck 3 weeks earlier.
__________________
Current: BakFlip FiberMax, Optimum Opti-Coat 2.0, Pillar Tape Removed, Partial Debadge, Tinted Fronts to Match Rears (15%)
Future: TBD
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 05-01-2013, 11:16 AM
domesticman domesticman is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Ajax-Pickering
Posts: 162
Gender: Male
Vehicle: '13 1500 CC 4x4 HEMI 8spd
Trim Level: Sport
Color: White
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep Power: 0
Rep:10
domesticman is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILuvaMyTrucka View Post
So you would have been willing to pay more so that you wouldn't have had this delay? How much more? 25%, 50%, 75%?

Chrysler should have seen this demand coming and maybe done some more homework to make sure demands were met better.

But as a consumer you should too.

1. Before buying you heard the label 'Truck of the Year' this tells you more customers will likely be coming into Ram dealers to look at trucks.

2. Of course the 8-Speed will be in high demand, a customer buying a truck always wants to get the best mileage they can. Also, after doing some research the customer would have found out that the 8-speed was being made in Germany (a good thing). How could you not expect to see some delays building/shipping from Germany.

3. Air Suspension is also new this year, so us boys and there toys are always going to want something new and possibly better (I didn't take air though). So these are going to get gobbled up fast and cause delays.

With all that it told me to order earlier, and expect delays. Truck came in 11 weeks and I had no problems with that time frame at all. I didn't have to pay extra money (as your suggesting) to get what I wanted and possibly get my truck 3 weeks earlier.
Your #1, 2 & 3 all falls into the arms of Ram. Knowing they had won MotorTrend you would automatically think they'd have their shit together for increased sales and market share. Especially given that they're adding all of these relatively affordable features.

Would I have paid 20-30% more for the 8-speed and air ride? 8-speed for sure, air ride - on the fence. Either way, with this being said, everyone is waiting and threads are popping up all over the damn place with angry buyers waiting weeks on end due to the shortage. When a dealer gives you 4-6 weeks until you can sit in your truck and you need to wait double that, it's just a load of shit.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 05-01-2013, 02:46 PM
jlc41's Avatar
jlc41 jlc41 is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: MS. via NY, NJ
Age: 73
Posts: 646
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 CC
Trim Level: Laramie Crew
Color: Western Brown two tone (Hershey Bar)
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Rep Power: 0
Rep:39
jlc41 is on a distinguished road
Default

I went to 3 dealers last 2 days of April. They all told me the same thing. If I want the 8sp Laramie it had to be a 4X4 not 4X2 which is what I want.
__________________
tint, drop in bed liner, Avs window shades, Raptor bed rails, Dee Zee tail gate damper, Genos cabin air filter, Bak Roll-x cover, Weather tech mud flaps, Recon Xtrem tailgate bar, Moroso catch can, DoMore Slide Step, 5/16 Dual pin stripe, Reese lighted hitch cover, Master lock for hitch receiver, Truxedo bed lites, Hunter SS bull bar, Road Runner embroidered head rests, Plasticolor rear flaps with metal Ram logo, Mopar sill plates.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 05-01-2013, 04:27 PM
ss3079 ss3079 is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Canada
Posts: 96
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 CC 6'4
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Copperhead Pearl
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep Power: 0
Rep:30
ss3079 is on a distinguished road
Default

I ordered my truck a couple weeks ago - the dealer changed one of their stock orders to a sold order in my name with all of the options that I wanted. The dealer mentioned some of their stock orders were getting changed around and he would call me tomorrow if there was any issue with my order. If there is an issue and I cannot get what I want ... I will seriously have to consider giving up entirely. This is getting ridiculous. Either get me the '13 I want or give me a '14 for the same deal. I really want this Ram, but the walk across the street to another brand is becoming even shorter.
__________________
2013 Ram Sport - CC, 6'4, Hemi/8 Speed
2007 Chrysler 300C, 1970 Dodge D100 (383)
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


Advertisement






All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:53 PM.


= Copyright RamForumZ.com a Gigathreads.com Network Site =Ad Management by RedTyger
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vB.Sponsors


=Gigathreads Network=
CLUBS MOPAR NATION DSM GPMM MAMM JAM
DIESEL Diesel Forum      
CHEVY Chevy Camaro Forum Chevy Volt Forum    
CHRYSLER Chrysler 300C Forum      
DODGE Dodge Avenger Forum Dodge Caliber Forum Dodge Challenger Forum Dodge Charger Forum
  Dodge Circuit Forum Dodge Hornet Forum Dodge Magnum Forum Dodge Nitro Forum
  Dodge Ram Forum Dodge Dakota Forum Dodge Durango Forum Dodge Dart Forum
FORD Ford Raptor Forum Ford F150 Forum Ford F100 Forum  
JEEP Jeep Forum      
PONTIAC Pontiac G8 Forum      
SRT SRT Viper Forum SRT Cuda Forum