DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2013 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2013 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2013 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 05-01-2013, 01:40 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: '13 1500 CC 4x4 HEMI 8spd
Trim Level: Sport
Color: White
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
domesticman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookie Monster View Post
Yes it is one of the main reasons for delays the other is the Air Suspension supply as well. Ram didn't expect such a huge demand for the Air Suspension and the supplyers had a hard time keeping up with demand. They have however caught up with supply for the Air Suspension.
As I mentioned in the update to the 8-speed build threads, IMHO, Ram made the 8-speed and air ride easily affordable. I mean, if the reason is such that we are all waiting due to the shortages of the above two upgrades I mentioned, they should have charged more so that they could have met orders easier without such a hit. I mean, if they can fulfil orders with a higher priced upgrade, it all offsets in the end. Now you've got a bunch of people who want the upgrades and Ram cannot meet it. Bullshittttttt.
Sponsored links
Old 05-01-2013, 02:24 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 2X4
Trim Level: quad cab SLT
Color: sunburst orange pearl
Rep:2615
GTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond repute

the 8 speeds are again on restriction
Look at the NADA website & try to build your own ram
HEMI w/ 8 speed can't be ordered from the factory at the current time for the 2013s
guess they don't row the boat fast enough from Germany

you can keep trying to order the HEMI w/ 8 speed this year
or search online for dealerships that have it in stock
or wait & order a 2014 in June
Ram 1500 SLT Quad cab, 5.7 HEMI(R) MDS VCT, 5 speed auto 545RFE, 3.55 differential gears, 18" Magnaflow muffler, EGR bug deflector, Bushwacker fender flares, customized Nfab nerf bars, CB radio, Autonet wi-fi router, custom soft tonneau cover, Line_X bedliner, DEBO Step, build date 10/15/08 a Wednesday built vehicle
Old 05-01-2013, 09:01 AM

Vehicle: 2013
Trim Level: Laramie Longhorn
Color: Black Gold Pearl
Rep:11
firemarshallvin is on a distinguished road

So the fact that i ordered yesterday was a blessing your saying? My order went through and I walked out of the dealer with my VON. Sounds like I won that battle!

Add-ons:
14" Magnaflow, BAK FiberMax Tonneau, Misc Whelen Emergency Lights and Switchpak.
Old 05-01-2013, 09:15 AM

Vehicle: 13 1500 Laramie Crew 6'4
Trim Level: Laramie 8Speed 4x4
Color: True Pearl Blue
Rep:68
Cookie Monster will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by domesticman View Post
As I mentioned in the update to the 8-speed build threads, IMHO, Ram made the 8-speed and air ride easily affordable. I mean, if the reason is such that we are all waiting due to the shortages of the above two upgrades I mentioned, they should have charged more so that they could have met orders easier without such a hit. I mean, if they can fulfil orders with a higher priced upgrade, it all offsets in the end. Now you've got a bunch of people who want the upgrades and Ram cannot meet it. Bullshittttttt.

while it does suck that people are waiting longer to get their trucks with the hemi/8-speed combo. RAM did not plan that Kokomo was not going to be producing the 8HP70 transmissions till Q4. It was an unforseen issue which it is better they do not allow bad quality transmissions and fix the issues.

The good news with that is knowing the 2013 RAM's have actual ZF built transmissions even if it take bit longer to get. majority who have gotten the 8-speed/hemi are very happy with it and say its worth the wait.

Last edited by Cookie Monster; 05-01-2013 at 09:18 AM.
Old 05-01-2013, 09:26 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2013Dodge Ram Laramie Longhorn
Trim Level: Laramie/Longhorn
Color: Copperhead/White Gold
Rep:11
klik is on a distinguished road
Default what I've heard

Got notice last Thursday that my 2013 Laramie Longhorn had landed, so when I got back from my trip Sunday went in and finished signing all the papers. Will I was there my salesperson told me mine was the last to get the air ride as the US had gobbled up any remaining systems and some options where no longer available. They hadn't installed the DVD player in mine so they are going to install headrest players at their expense (got to keep the grandkids happy). Pick it up tomorrow and will do some pics, gotta say it is sweet looking.
Old 05-01-2013, 10:13 AM

Vehicle: 13 1500 Laramie Crew 6'4
Trim Level: Laramie 8Speed 4x4
Color: True Pearl Blue
Rep:68
Cookie Monster will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by klik View Post
Got notice last Thursday that my 2013 Laramie Longhorn had landed, so when I got back from my trip Sunday went in and finished signing all the papers. Will I was there my salesperson told me mine was the last to get the air ride as the US had gobbled up any remaining systems and some options where no longer available. They hadn't installed the DVD player in mine so they are going to install headrest players at their expense (got to keep the grandkids happy). Pick it up tomorrow and will do some pics, gotta say it is sweet looking.

Thats not what I heared. what I heared from my source at Chrysler Canada is that the air suspension parts are in good supply right now and the hold ups for builds is mostly the 8-speed. The dvd entertainment system though is also an issue with supply.
Old 05-01-2013, 10:35 AM

Vehicle: 2014 Ram 1500 4x4 CC
Color: Maximum Steel Metallic
Rep:38
ILuvaMyTrucka is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by domesticman View Post
So you would have been willing to pay more so that you wouldn't have had this delay? How much more? 25%, 50%, 75%?

Chrysler should have seen this demand coming and maybe done some more homework to make sure demands were met better.

But as a consumer you should too.

1. Before buying you heard the label 'Truck of the Year' this tells you more customers will likely be coming into Ram dealers to look at trucks.

2. Of course the 8-Speed will be in high demand, a customer buying a truck always wants to get the best mileage they can. Also, after doing some research the customer would have found out that the 8-speed was being made in Germany (a good thing). How could you not expect to see some delays building/shipping from Germany.

3. Air Suspension is also new this year, so us boys and there toys are always going to want something new and possibly better (I didn't take air though). So these are going to get gobbled up fast and cause delays.

With all that it told me to order earlier, and expect delays. Truck came in 11 weeks and I had no problems with that time frame at all. I didn't have to pay extra money (as your suggesting) to get what I wanted and possibly get my truck 3 weeks earlier.
Old 05-01-2013, 11:16 AM

Vehicle: '13 1500 CC 4x4 HEMI 8spd
Color: White
Rep:10
domesticman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILuvaMyTrucka View Post
So you would have been willing to pay more so that you wouldn't have had this delay? How much more? 25%, 50%, 75%?

Chrysler should have seen this demand coming and maybe done some more homework to make sure demands were met better.

But as a consumer you should too.

1. Before buying you heard the label 'Truck of the Year' this tells you more customers will likely be coming into Ram dealers to look at trucks.

2. Of course the 8-Speed will be in high demand, a customer buying a truck always wants to get the best mileage they can. Also, after doing some research the customer would have found out that the 8-speed was being made in Germany (a good thing). How could you not expect to see some delays building/shipping from Germany.

3. Air Suspension is also new this year, so us boys and there toys are always going to want something new and possibly better (I didn't take air though). So these are going to get gobbled up fast and cause delays.

With all that it told me to order earlier, and expect delays. Truck came in 11 weeks and I had no problems with that time frame at all. I didn't have to pay extra money (as your suggesting) to get what I wanted and possibly get my truck 3 weeks earlier.
Your #1, 2 & 3 all falls into the arms of Ram. Knowing they had won MotorTrend you would automatically think they'd have their shit together for increased sales and market share. Especially given that they're adding all of these relatively affordable features.

Would I have paid 20-30% more for the 8-speed and air ride? 8-speed for sure, air ride - on the fence. Either way, with this being said, everyone is waiting and threads are popping up all over the damn place with angry buyers waiting weeks on end due to the shortage. When a dealer gives you 4-6 weeks until you can sit in your truck and you need to wait double that, it's just a load of shit.
Old 05-01-2013, 02:46 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 CC
Trim Level: Laramie Crew
Color: Western Brown two tone (Hershey Bar)
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Rep:39
jlc41 is on a distinguished road

I went to 3 dealers last 2 days of April. They all told me the same thing. If I want the 8sp Laramie it had to be a 4X4 not 4X2 which is what I want.
tint, drop in bed liner, Avs window shades, Raptor bed rails, Dee Zee tail gate damper, Genos cabin air filter, Bak Roll-x cover, Weather tech mud flaps, Recon Xtrem tailgate bar, Moroso catch can, DoMore Slide Step, 5/16 Dual pin stripe, Reese lighted hitch cover, Master lock for hitch receiver, Truxedo bed lites, Hunter SS bull bar, Road Runner embroidered head rests, Plasticolor rear flaps with metal Ram logo, Mopar sill plates.
Old 05-01-2013, 04:27 PM

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 CC 6'4
Color: Copperhead Pearl
Rep:30
ss3079 is on a distinguished road

I ordered my truck a couple weeks ago - the dealer changed one of their stock orders to a sold order in my name with all of the options that I wanted. The dealer mentioned some of their stock orders were getting changed around and he would call me tomorrow if there was any issue with my order. If there is an issue and I cannot get what I want ... I will seriously have to consider giving up entirely. This is getting ridiculous. Either get me the '13 I want or give me a '14 for the same deal. I really want this Ram, but the walk across the street to another brand is becoming even shorter.