DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > Dodge Ram General Discussion

Notices

Dodge Ram General Discussion General Chat about the Ram. Please look for other categories to post specific questions in.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 05-01-2013, 03:11 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Black
Rep:11
MamasLaramie is on a distinguished road

My advice, woman to woman, is to not spend too much time caught up in dollars and go with the one that is everything you want. I went to buy a new silverado and while waiting for them to bring it around my eyes caught sight of my Ram and I took it home that night. It was almost 8 grand more than I was going to spend on the Chevy but Im so glad i did. I've had it almost a year and I catch myself stealing glances all the time. Take your time and get what you really want. You'll regret it if you dont.
Sponsored links
Old 05-01-2013, 08:35 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2012 reg. cab 4X4 HEMI
Trim Level: Express
Color: Mineral Gray
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
Trigger2298 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamasLaramie View Post
My advice, woman to woman, is to not spend too much time caught up in dollars and go with the one that is everything you want. I went to buy a new silverado and while waiting for them to bring it around my eyes caught sight of my Ram and I took it home that night. It was almost 8 grand more than I was going to spend on the Chevy but Im so glad i did. I've had it almost a year and I catch myself stealing glances all the time. Take your time and get what you really want. You'll regret it if you dont.
Sorry to take so long to return a message to your post.. I'm at work and can only get online for a short time on breaks.

Funny you mention the Silverado as I was also looking at them this past april as they had some great deals on 2013's with the crew cab. Now I'm back to dodge which is fine by me as I've always liked them a lot. I would catch myself looking at your truck too... I love that blue color you have and that is a big boy truck you have there! That would be too much truck and money for me ATM but in a couple yrs I would love to trade my 2012 reg cab in if I buy one for a bigger club or quad cab once I get my credit and money saved up to absorb the extra sticker price.

Thanks for your post and thoughts.. And keeep on loving your big and beautiful Dodge!
Old 05-01-2013, 08:39 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

To anybody that can help me with a few things I'd greatly appreciate..

Is there a cutoff date that you know of to order the 2013 model? I've never ordered a vehicle before.. when do you deal on price for the truck.. is it before you order or after its delivered?

The 2013 I built on NADA comes out to- $32,275 MSRP and $29,838 invoice price.. If I'm not mistaken my employee price should be around 3-5% under invoice and then we can start dealing from there.. being a 2013 I'm not sure how much dealing they'll do until later in the yr? I would also get any rebates/incentives knocked off. The only thing about a 2013 right now is I don't think they're really offering any real incentives or rebates ATM on just a reg cab express that I know of.. Think I seen like 1500 cash allowance and must take delivery by 06/03/2013 which is basically nothing and how I read it that is going to run until early june.

One more question if you or anybody else could help me with would be awesome.

My sales guy told me there was a 5000 rebate on the 2012's so that is the reason I got excited yesterday and made sure I made it out there last night right before they closed to test drive it in case I wanted it and didn't want to lose the big 5000 rebate if it expired May 1st.

Soooo, I get out there around 8:50 ten mins before closing and meet with the sales manager and get an appraisal on my caliber that he said he could do... I arrive and get great news - sigh.. First now he says we can't do the appraisal and.... my sales guy was wrong.. its 5,000 on a crew cab/etc and only 3,000 on the regular cab.. and instead of calling it a rebate it was now changed to dealer cash or maybe he called it incentive someting... one of the two..

Will the dealer get reimbursed some from dodge for the employee pricing.. and will they reimburse them the 3000 dealer cash or incentive? If so I can use that as bargaining that they're not really going to lose on the truck even if I do get them to agree to around 19,000-19,500?

anyways, I've test driven the 2012 Ram before and knew I liked the ride/etc.. so I pretty much wasted my time driving 30 mins out there when I had to be up at around 4:30 this morning for work... I work two jobs and I'm gone from 5:30 am until 8pm. So wasn't to happy with this news and my test drive just confirmed that I enjoy the ride.

Thanks again y'all... you been a huge help and I'll keep you updated tonight and tomorrow on what goes down. Keep the comments and thoughts coming if you would like though.. I'll be researching other stuff online so I'll be around for a while after I get off of work and home around 9pm.

Thanks y'all again for all the help today it was a huge help indeed. I'll be online after I get home from work doing another search for trucks.. but this time down by my dad in the Indy/Kokomo area so I'll be on pretty late tonight so I'll be able to get back to you all faster who reply to me.

Last edited by Trigger2298; 05-01-2013 at 08:41 PM.
Old 05-02-2013, 12:12 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2011 dodge sport 1500 hemi
Trim Level: sport
Color: green
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:621
huntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to all

take your time, might want to wait till the 2014s start coming out and then pick up a 13 model.
Old 05-02-2013, 01:04 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Thanks, hunterg.. I'll probably end up just doing that unless they wow me away and I get the 2012 for 19,000-19,500. staying patient should also get me some better rebates or incentives as we get later in the 2013 yr I would think? not a lot out there now it seems especially since I won't qualify for the special finance rates ATM.
Old 05-02-2013, 01:18 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Hope it's ok to post links.. here is one I found tonight that I'm going to call on in the morning before my 10am appointment..

http://www.millermotor.net/new/Ram/2...e47f684df.htm#

A little out of my price range but is semi closer to what I'd want and I like the color best. Can't hurt to see what they can do on price.
Old 05-02-2013, 07:00 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2014 VW Jetta GLI
Color: Metalic Black
Rep:1358
Excoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud of

first off I think the '12 deal that you found is the way I would go IF....

The dealer couldn't take a look around and locate you a truck that is more in line with what you're looking for. If you get a good dealer/ salesman they'll go out of their way to find you exactly what you're looking for and wanting. This is how I found both my wife's Challenger and the Charger that we just got last week.

What they'll usually do is trade something from their own lot for the something that you want from somewhere else. This has a few advantages..... 1)You get exactly what you want, or at least closer than what's on the lot 2)There isn't the 8 weeks (or more) waiting time that you'll get when you order one.

Good luck and be sure to post pics when you get the new truck

Exco
Oracle Interior LEDs, EGR Vent Visors, Ram eyes, Husky Liner Splash Guards, R/T Badges Front and Rear, LED Light Bar, Stubby Radio Antenna, Custom Shift Knob, ARE LS II bed cover, Bed Rug, Flowmaster 50 series HD, SilverStar Ultra low beams, K&N drop in filter, MOPAR sill guards, Smitty Built nerf bars, 24% tint on the front.
Bill
Old 05-02-2013, 09:34 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Thanks so much, Bill and to all of you that really helped me out tremendously! I'm heading out there in a little bit to meet with them, I'll be sure to fill you all in with the results.
Old 05-02-2013, 10:09 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500 4WD Quad Cab
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Flame Red
Rep:2516
Hermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trigger2298 View Post
I'm leaning your way! thanks so much for your opinion.
Glad to help, you will probably be happier long term with your purchase.
Old 05-02-2013, 01:48 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

well I'm at dealership.. " best" they can do is 23,000 on the truck.. They will give me 5,700 for my caliber.

here is the link to the truck i'm looking at

http://www.milwaukeedodgecity.com/ne...8f05d73f36.htm