DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2013 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2013 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2013 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 05-02-2013, 07:18 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2013 1500 4x4 CC/6'4
Trim Level: Outdoorsman
Color: Copperhead
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:25
DrCrash is on a distinguished road
Default Buyer Beware

I went to the dealer tonight to pick up my new Outdoorsman (Hemi/8Spd/CC/6'4). Saw the truck sitting outside in the sun and she was pretty (Copperhead Pearl).

Went inside with my paperwork and sat down with my sales guy and he informed me of some bad news. When I ordered on 4/5 the Hemi/8SPd was part of the 26T package and I have the configuration paperwork that he gave me that showed that. We had an agreed OTD of $35k. When I arrived today he informed me that Chrysler, in all its infinite wisdom, reconfigured orders that were accepted and in the system and added an up-charge for the Hemi/8Spd combo to the tune of $1350. So my new price was $36,350+. I told him that while I would have been OK with a price float of $200 or so, I wasn't going to take the truck. I told him that they (him, dealer, region) need to figure this out as I'm not going to eat $1350 and I got up and left.

I grew up in a Chrysler household and have been a loyal Chrysler customer my entire life but if they don't get this straightened out I will go pay more to drive a vehicle that isn't a Chrysler product.
Sponsored links
Old 05-02-2013, 07:24 PM
Lifted Cummins Fanatic

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram 3500 CCSB 4x4
Trim Level: Laramie Limited
Color: Mineral Grey Metallic
Engine: 2011-20?? 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 350hp 800lb/ft
Rep:1990
brandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant future

Ya that sounds pretty bogus to me. If you agreed on $35k OTD then that should be your price. It's not your fault that the dealer didn't inform you of that cost. They should be paying for their mistake. They at least could have called you in between your order and now to inform you of that charge rather than just waiting until the last minute. Pretty poor customer service IMO.

Hope you get it all figured out! Sucks when stuff like this gets in the way of you getting your new truck.

2012 Ram 3500 Laramie Limited Cummins Build Thread
8" BDS Long Arm Lift with Fox 2.0 Shocks | Dual Fox 2.0 Steering Stabilizer | 37x13.5 Toyo MT's | AMP Powersteps & Bedstep | Bakflip G2 | Mag-Hytec Rear Diff Cover | 5000K Morimoto HID's (lows and fogs)
H&S MiniMaxx Custom Tuned | 4" Flo Pro Stainless TBE | Sinister EGR Delete | ARP 425 Head Studs | 4.56 AAM/Yukon Gears | S&B Intake | Instagram: @brandonjansen
Guide to Leveling & Wheel and Tire Sizing for 06+ 4wd Ram 1500's
Old 05-02-2013, 07:26 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 4x4 cc
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Maximum Steel
Rep:10
OAG18 is on a distinguished road

You should have had price protection. After I ordered my Laramie the price increased and I still paid the price when I ordered my vehicle. This was at a dealer that did not require me to put a down payment or sign a contract when ordered. It was ordered in my name and my family does alot of business at this small deallership though.
Old 05-02-2013, 07:35 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2013 power wagon 2500 loaded
Trim Level: crew cab loaded
Color: black
Engine: 2010-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 383hp 400lb/ft (2500/3500)
Rep:80
dwanton will become famous soon enough

I think they will call you back to pick up your truck -- they can afford to sell it for the agreed price.

good luck and hope you get the truck you want
Old 05-02-2013, 07:37 PM

Vehicle: White 2013 QC 4x4 BigHorn
Trim Level: BigHorn
Color: White
Rep:14
Irv is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by OAG18 View Post
You should have had price protection. After I ordered my Laramie the price increased and I still paid the price when I ordered my vehicle. This was at a dealer that did not require me to put a down payment or sign a contract when ordered. It was ordered in my name and my family does alot of business at this small deallership though.
X2, when my truck was ordered today, my agent said the trucks just shot up $800 from Tuesday the 30th's prices but since I had a deal in the works (They tried to find me one on a lot) prior to the 30th dealine, I had nothing to worry about as I was price protected.

Not sure where you live, U.S. or Can, but I know I have it and I assume anywhere in North America should have it?

If it doesn't work out where they eat it (dealer or Dodge) then I would say, see you in small claims court after all other avenues have been exhausted (customer service etc)

Good luck.
Old 05-02-2013, 07:57 PM

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: White
Rep:18
rango88 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrCrash View Post
I went to the dealer tonight to pick up my new Outdoorsman (Hemi/8Spd/CC/6'4). Saw the truck sitting outside in the sun and she was pretty (Copperhead Pearl).

Went inside with my paperwork and sat down with my sales guy and he informed me of some bad news. When I ordered on 4/5 the Hemi/8SPd was part of the 26T package and I have the configuration paperwork that he gave me that showed that. We had an agreed OTD of $35k. When I arrived today he informed me that Chrysler, in all its infinite wisdom, reconfigured orders that were accepted and in the system and added an up-charge for the Hemi/8Spd combo to the tune of $1350. So my new price was $36,350+. I told him that while I would have been OK with a price float of $200 or so, I wasn't going to take the truck. I told him that they (him, dealer, region) need to figure this out as I'm not going to eat $1350 and I got up and left.

I grew up in a Chrysler household and have been a loyal Chrysler customer my entire life but if they don't get this straightened out I will go pay more to drive a vehicle that isn't a Chrysler product.
I would have walked out as well. For the price difference they will call you back. If not go to another dealership with the vin of your truck and buy it through that dealership.
Old 05-02-2013, 08:29 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2012 1500
Engine: 2009-2012 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:3248
PaulMys has disabled reputation

Quote:
X3. When I ordered my '12 last March, I called the dealer about 4 weeks later to inquire on the status. He updated me and also said " you are lucky, the price for the Expresses just went up by $900., but you are locked in with your price." Is the OP's dealer trying to pull a fast one?
Old 05-02-2013, 08:38 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2013 Dodge Ram Sport
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black
Rep:47
shaner82 is on a distinguished road

In many (most? all?) states and here in Canada, this type of activity is illegal and a complaint can be made with government officials to investigate it.
Old 05-02-2013, 08:43 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2013 1500 4x4 CC/6'4
Trim Level: Outdoorsman
Color: Copperhead
Rep:25
DrCrash is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I thought I had price protection as well. I knew that I might lose an incentive but I hadn't anticipated being back door'd by Chrysler. I do have a signed Vehicle Purchase Order showing OTD of $35 and the dealer configuration sheet showing no cost on the Hemi/8Spd and I put down a $200 deposit.

I have a case # from Ram CS and I've been on the phone with my sales guy. Told him that I would give him 2 business days to get this corrected or that I'd go buy something else. He responded that the 2 people he needs, due to this being just after the end of the month, took off for a couple of days. I suggested that if he really wanted the sale, that he call their cell phones and get this corrected.
Old 05-02-2013, 08:43 PM

Vehicle: 2013 1500 Big Horn Crew 4x4
Trim Level: Hemi 5.7L w/8 Speed
Color: Copperhead Pearlcoat
Rep:54
The Crow 1994 will become famous soon enough

I can't believe a dealership would try and pull this (actually I can). I would be PISSED. I don't know if I'd go back there even if they eventually offered to eat the price difference. The bad taste in my mouth might be a little too much to come back.

That being said, I hope it works out for you and you get the truck you ordered.