DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2013 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2013 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2013 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 05-02-2013, 07:44 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2013 1500 4x4 CC/6'4
Trim Level: Outdoorsman
Color: Copperhead
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:25
DrCrash is on a distinguished road

I don't think it's my sales guy. My family has been buying/leasing cars from him for the last 15 years or so. He's always been up front with us before and shown us the HB, FWP, etc. All that said, I'm done going to that dealer whether or not I get the truck.
Sponsored links
Old 05-02-2013, 08:10 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2013 Ram
Color: Blue
Engine: 2013-20?? 220ci (3.6L) Pentastar 305hp 269lb/ft
Rep:39
ramaries is on a distinguished road

Just curious - what did the truck list for?
Old 05-02-2013, 08:20 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramaries View Post
Just curious - what did the truck list for?
Original MSRP - $41915.
After price increase - $43265.
Old 05-02-2013, 08:26 PM

Vehicle: 2012 RAM Sport CC 4x4
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black
Rep:623
bighemi04 is a name known to allbighemi04 is a name known to allbighemi04 is a name known to allbighemi04 is a name known to allbighemi04 is a name known to allbighemi04 is a name known to all

I sell cars for a living, and let me tell ya what. Tell them you arent paying the price increase. They will honor the original agreed upon price or you will go elsewhere. Unfortunately Chrysler is putting their dealers in a tough spot with doing this. We do it all the time. Well habitually sell under invoice and the dealer still makes money on the car. Also, every dealer adds interest points to whatever you get approved for. We add 2 full points of interest to almost every deal. Tell them to take the juiced points out of the interest and you will take the vehicle with the manufacturer added on price. Trust me, they need to move these units bad. With so many of these trucks being built, they need to move one every chance they get. Especially since they aren't paying a penny of interest on the vehicles that are ordered and delivered immeadiately. They can and should work with you. A lot of people will just pay it, but if you are firm with them then you won't have to be one of them.

Last edited by bighemi04; 05-02-2013 at 08:32 PM.
Old 05-02-2013, 09:59 PM

Vehicle: 2013 Laramie 4X4 Quad Cab
Trim Level: Laramie Hemi 8 Speed
Color: Maximum Steel Met.
kxlexus is on a distinguished road

I would hold them to the agreed upon deal. My dealer tried to pull some crap like that on me. I kept signed copies of our agreed upon deal from when I ordered my truck. Eventually they caved and sold me the truck at the price we agreed on when I ordered. It made a pleasant experience into a nightmare. So much so that I will never do business with them again
Old 05-02-2013, 10:13 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Laramie Longhorn
Color: Copperhead Pearl/White Gold
Rep:67
Powerwagon 46 will become famous soon enough

WTF! This is ridicules! As a matter of principal I think I would have walked as well. So aggravating though.
Old 05-02-2013, 10:24 PM

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 4x4
Trim Level: Laramie Longhorn
Color: Black Gold / White Gold
Rep:264
Explorer Rob is a jewel in the roughExplorer Rob is a jewel in the roughExplorer Rob is a jewel in the rough

Chrysler increased the MSRP of my Ram by $260 from when I ordered it on January 29. When I went into my dealer about a week before it was scheduled to arrive I told him at that time I wasn't paying the price increase and he told me not to worry about it. He had a signed letter with intent to purchase from me on an agreed upon price of $48710 and they would stick to that price.

What he didn't tell me was that this dealer ship considers it regular business practice to charge $299 for VIN etching which is where they etch the VIN in every piece of glass and record in in their database and $599 for Desert Protection Package which is a clear film they put over bumpers and maybe other parts. I found out about the $299 VIN etching when my Mother asked me what it was since she bought a Dodge Journey from the same salesman the week before I placed my order. They had to get her Journey from another Dodge dealer and I assumed it was something the other dealer had already done. To be sure I went up to the dealership to look ad some of their window stickers. I noticed the $299 charge on several of their vehicles on the lot and asked them about it. They told me it is their standard practice to do it to every vehicle they sell. I told him to make sure it isn't standard practice on mine since I don't want it. He said he would make sure it doesn't get done. I didn't know about the $599 desert protection package though until I went to get my Ram. They had both charges on my order sheet. I told them if it didn't come from Chrysler that way, I wasn't paying extra for it. I ordered my Ram at a known price and with a known set of options and I wasn't paying extra for stuff they installed after the fact. He reluctantly agreed to take the extra $898 off the price. I saw a clear piece of film on the edge of the rear bumper and originally assumed it came from the factory that way but now I'm not so sure. Maybe I got it for free but regardless, it wasn't something I OK'd to get done.
Old 05-02-2013, 10:32 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kxlexus View Post
I would hold them to the agreed upon deal. My dealer tried to pull some crap like that on me. I kept signed copies of our agreed upon deal from when I ordered my truck. Eventually they caved and sold me the truck at the price we agreed on when I ordered. It made a pleasant experience into a nightmare. So much so that I will never do business with them again
I hear you. Regardless of whether or not I get the truck, I'm done with this dealer and that's after 15+ years of family business with them. I don't think this my guys fault as he's never done this before but he's being put in a bad position.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerwagon 46 View Post
WTF! This is ridicules! As a matter of principal I think I would have walked as well. So aggravating though.
From the time I sat down to the time I stood up and left was 5 minutes. Enough time for him to explain the issue and for me to tell him that it wasn't happening. I already knew something was up when I downloaded the window sticker a couple of days ago. It was an easy decision to make as I value my $$ more than the truck. The truck, for me, was nothing more than an expensive toy purchase, albeit a toy that I've wanted for a long time and can use since I sold my last truck. Something to haul mountain bikes, kayaks/canoes, dead deer, camping equipment, and as far as my daughter is concerned, a tailgate to sit on while we eat ice cream at the local Dairy Queen. I can do all that with my daily driver (except for the ice cream bit, no tailgate on the Journey).

We'll see what happens. If this falls through I'm going to make sure that I put their name in the "bad" dealer thread. Come to think of it, they're going to be in there either way.
Old 05-02-2013, 10:55 PM

Vehicle: 2013 1500 Big Horn Crew 4x4
Trim Level: Hemi 5.7L w/8 Speed
Color: Copperhead Pearlcoat
Rep:54
The Crow 1994 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrCrash View Post
We'll see what happens. If this falls through I'm going to make sure that I put their name in the "bad" dealer thread. Come to think of it, they're going to be in there either way.
Good idea, DrCrash. You might be able to save somebody else from having to go through the same headaches at this dealership. I really do hope it works out for you in the end. The ice cream on the tailgate would be a pretty special memory.
Old 05-02-2013, 11:22 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Crow 1994 View Post
Good idea, DrCrash. You might be able to save somebody else from having to go through the same headaches at this dealership. I really do hope it works out for you in the end. The ice cream on the tailgate would be a pretty special memory.
Thanks, Crow. My daughter was with me tonight when I went to pick it up and I think she was more excited than I was so you can imagine the disappointment when we left without the truck.