DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2013 Dodge Ram Forum


Notices

2013 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2013 Dodge Ram!


Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #21  
Old 05-02-2013, 11:35 PM
bighemi04's Avatar
bighemi04 bighemi04 is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Orland Park, IL
Age: 29
Posts: 2,191
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2012 RAM Sport CC 4x4
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black
Rep Power: 5
Rep:623
bighemi04 is a name known to allbighemi04 is a name known to allbighemi04 is a name known to allbighemi04 is a name known to allbighemi04 is a name known to allbighemi04 is a name known to all
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Explorer Rob View Post
Chrysler increased the MSRP of my Ram by $260 from when I ordered it on January 29. When I went into my dealer about a week before it was scheduled to arrive I told him at that time I wasn't paying the price increase and he told me not to worry about it. He had a signed letter with intent to purchase from me on an agreed upon price of $48710 and they would stick to that price.

What he didn't tell me was that this dealer ship considers it regular business practice to charge $299 for VIN etching which is where they etch the VIN in every piece of glass and record in in their database and $599 for Desert Protection Package which is a clear film they put over bumpers and maybe other parts. I found out about the $299 VIN etching when my Mother asked me what it was since she bought a Dodge Journey from the same salesman the week before I placed my order. They had to get her Journey from another Dodge dealer and I assumed it was something the other dealer had already done. To be sure I went up to the dealership to look ad some of their window stickers. I noticed the $299 charge on several of their vehicles on the lot and asked them about it. They told me it is their standard practice to do it to every vehicle they sell. I told him to make sure it isn't standard practice on mine since I don't want it. He said he would make sure it doesn't get done. I didn't know about the $599 desert protection package though until I went to get my Ram. They had both charges on my order sheet. I told them if it didn't come from Chrysler that way, I wasn't paying extra for it. I ordered my Ram at a known price and with a known set of options and I wasn't paying extra for stuff they installed after the fact. He reluctantly agreed to take the extra $898 off the price. I saw a clear piece of film on the edge of the rear bumper and originally assumed it came from the factory that way but now I'm not so sure. Maybe I got it for free but regardless, it wasn't something I OK'd to get done.
We put Vin Etch on all of our cars, new and used. It is completely optional and only activated if you pay for it and call. And to be honest, it has the same effect if you dont pay for it and people just see it. However there is a monetary upside to it. If your car gets stolen and is recovered within 30 days, you get $500. If it gets stolen and never recovered you get $2k, then you will get another $3k if you buy another vechicle at that dealer.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
  #22  
Old 05-02-2013, 11:40 PM
Bhbdvm's Avatar
Bhbdvm Bhbdvm is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Western NC
Age: 48
Posts: 342
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 1500 Hemi/8 Speed/3.92
Trim Level: Laramie/RamBox/Air
Color: Black gold pearl
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep Power: 0
Rep:29
Bhbdvm is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrCrash View Post
I went to the dealer tonight to pick up my new Outdoorsman (Hemi/8Spd/CC/6'4). Saw the truck sitting outside in the sun and she was pretty (Copperhead Pearl).

Went inside with my paperwork and sat down with my sales guy and he informed me of some bad news. When I ordered on 4/5 the Hemi/8SPd was part of the 26T package and I have the configuration paperwork that he gave me that showed that. We had an agreed OTD of $35k. When I arrived today he informed me that Chrysler, in all its infinite wisdom, reconfigured orders that were accepted and in the system and added an up-charge for the Hemi/8Spd combo to the tune of $1350. So my new price was $36,350+. I told him that while I would have been OK with a price float of $200 or so, I wasn't going to take the truck. I told him that they (him, dealer, region) need to figure this out as I'm not going to eat $1350 and I got up and left.

I grew up in a Chrysler household and have been a loyal Chrysler customer my entire life but if they don't get this straightened out I will go pay more to drive a vehicle that isn't a Chrysler product.
If you signed a purchase agreement then you should be price protected. Did you sign an agreement?
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 05-03-2013, 12:23 AM
Explorer Rob's Avatar
Explorer Rob Explorer Rob is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Mesa, AZ
Age: 47
Posts: 1,173
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 4x4
Trim Level: Laramie Longhorn
Color: Black Gold / White Gold
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep Power: 2
Rep:264
Explorer Rob is a jewel in the roughExplorer Rob is a jewel in the roughExplorer Rob is a jewel in the rough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bighemi04 View Post
We put Vin Etch on all of our cars, new and used. It is completely optional and only activated if you pay for it and call. And to be honest, it has the same effect if you dont pay for it and people just see it. However there is a monetary upside to it. If your car gets stolen and is recovered within 30 days, you get $500. If it gets stolen and never recovered you get $2k, then you will get another $3k if you buy another vechicle at that dealer.
As long as you explain the benefits and make it known that it is completely optional I don't have a problem with it. It's when they bury it with the rest of the fees (title, tax, tags, license, prep) and don't mention it that I have a problem with. They did it to my Mother and tried to do it to me. Same thing with the Desert Protection package. They need to make it known that the charges are optional instead of trying to slip through for another $898.00.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 05-03-2013, 02:10 AM
bighemi04's Avatar
bighemi04 bighemi04 is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Orland Park, IL
Age: 29
Posts: 2,191
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2012 RAM Sport CC 4x4
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black
Rep Power: 5
Rep:623
bighemi04 is a name known to allbighemi04 is a name known to allbighemi04 is a name known to allbighemi04 is a name known to allbighemi04 is a name known to allbighemi04 is a name known to all
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Explorer Rob View Post
As long as you explain the benefits and make it known that it is completely optional I don't have a problem with it. It's when they bury it with the rest of the fees (title, tax, tags, license, prep) and don't mention it that I have a problem with. They did it to my Mother and tried to do it to me. Same thing with the Desert Protection package. They need to make it known that the charges are optional instead of trying to slip through for another $898.00.
yea the non disclosure is definitely bullshit. just another shitty dealer trying to hide things from their customers. i am so glad i dont work for a place like that. the fact they charge a prep fee is bs too. Detailing is apart of the pack that is on all vehicles. My dealer keeps 300 on new and 800 on preowned out of our commission to prep cars.

Last edited by bighemi04; 05-03-2013 at 02:14 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 05-03-2013, 06:13 AM
DrCrash DrCrash is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Macomb
Age: 40
Posts: 185
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2013 1500 4x4 CC/6'4
Trim Level: Outdoorsman
Color: Copperhead
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep Power: 0
Rep:25
DrCrash is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhbdvm View Post
If you signed a purchase agreement then you should be price protected. Did you sign an agreement?
I have a signed vehicle purchase order, that 11x17 pink sheet that shows the price breakdown, dealer add-ons, etc.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 05-03-2013, 06:19 AM
Georshrwd Georshrwd is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Bristow
Age: 42
Posts: 143
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 Laramie
Trim Level: Longhorn
Color: Mineral Grey
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep Power: 0
Rep:50
Georshrwd will become famous soon enough
Default

Just my two cents but you have a signed deal, a truck ordered in your name and a deposit on said truck which has arrived at the dealership. That is your truck at the cost you deal quotes. Unless YOU no longer want the truck they do not have leg to stand on! Go get you truck and explain to them they have no choice.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 05-03-2013, 06:32 AM
mattm55 mattm55 is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Hudson Valley NY
Posts: 59
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2013 Ram Sport 4x4 Reg Cab
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep Power: 0
Rep:10
mattm55 is on a distinguished road
Default

I would get my truck and make darn sure you get everything else in writing. If you have a trade w/ a buyout... make sure they pay it off in 10 day or less with a signed paper saying so!

OK, bottom line and others would probably agree... get the truck if you can (and you should) and NEVER return to that dealership!! I would not trust them to do anything for me especially if they can't even sell a car/truck!!!

NO TRUST!!

Just my $.02
__________________
TRUCK: 2013 RAM 1500 Sport Reg Cab 4x4 w/6sp.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 05-03-2013, 08:19 AM
firemarshallvin's Avatar
firemarshallvin firemarshallvin is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: New Joisey
Posts: 191
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2013
Trim Level: Laramie Longhorn
Color: Black Gold Pearl
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep Power: 0
Rep:11
firemarshallvin is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrCrash View Post
I went to the dealer tonight to pick up my new Outdoorsman (Hemi/8Spd/CC/6'4). Saw the truck sitting outside in the sun and she was pretty (Copperhead Pearl).

Went inside with my paperwork and sat down with my sales guy and he informed me of some bad news. When I ordered on 4/5 the Hemi/8SPd was part of the 26T package and I have the configuration paperwork that he gave me that showed that. We had an agreed OTD of $35k. When I arrived today he informed me that Chrysler, in all its infinite wisdom, reconfigured orders that were accepted and in the system and added an up-charge for the Hemi/8Spd combo to the tune of $1350. So my new price was $36,350+. I told him that while I would have been OK with a price float of $200 or so, I wasn't going to take the truck. I told him that they (him, dealer, region) need to figure this out as I'm not going to eat $1350 and I got up and left.

I grew up in a Chrysler household and have been a loyal Chrysler customer my entire life but if they don't get this straightened out I will go pay more to drive a vehicle that isn't a Chrysler product.

I feel for you bro, however I have to ask, how did you get your rig so fast? You said you ordered it on 4/5? There's no way that it turned around in 3-4 weeks. Did your dealer simply dealer locate it and get it for you? Like everyone else said, you are protected if you really did make a deal and sign for a specific price. Chrysler sold it to the dealer, who in turn sold it to you, at a specifically determined cost. Something else is definitely going down here. Good luck.
__________________
2013 RAM 1500 Laramie Longhorn - Black Gold Pearl with all the trimmings. HEMI, 3.92, 8-Speed and Air Suspension

Add-ons:
14" Magnaflow, BAK FiberMax Tonneau, Misc Whelen Emergency Lights and Switchpak.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 05-03-2013, 08:38 AM
Powerwagon 46 Powerwagon 46 is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: South Central Pennsylvania
Posts: 315
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Laramie Longhorn
Color: Copperhead Pearl/White Gold
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep Power: 0
Rep:67
Powerwagon 46 will become famous soon enough
Default

So is this a dealer issue or Chrysler issue? If the dealer doesn't resolve it and it is a dealer issue please post the name of the dealer and their contact information. I, for one, would be happy to spread the word about them.

If it is Chrysler doing this I would be happy to contact customer service. Maybe others on this forum would be willing to do the same. If they do it to you will they do it to me on the truck I have on order?
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 05-03-2013, 08:46 AM
DrCrash DrCrash is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Macomb
Age: 40
Posts: 185
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2013 1500 4x4 CC/6'4
Trim Level: Outdoorsman
Color: Copperhead
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep Power: 0
Rep:25
DrCrash is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by firemarshallvin View Post
I feel for you bro, however I have to ask, how did you get your rig so fast? You said you ordered it on 4/5? There's no way that it turned around in 3-4 weeks. Did your dealer simply dealer locate it and get it for you? Like everyone else said, you are protected if you really did make a deal and sign for a specific price. Chrysler sold it to the dealer, who in turn sold it to you, at a specifically determined cost. Something else is definitely going down here. Good luck.
No, it was an order and I had a friend track it through the system at the assembly plant. I also tracked it through VOTS and Ram CS. If this wasn't an order then it was an amazingly elaborate charade with a whole lot of moving parts. I work for a Chrysler supplier so I have contacts on the inside that hooked me up and kept an eye on the truck. It hit paint shop on 4/25 (I have a screen capture from a computer at WTAP showing it in paint @ 530am) and trim on 4/26. I'm one of the lucky ones that got their truck built pretty quickly, it's just unfortunate that my dealer is being an a$$hat about this.

I'll know by Monday at 5pm whether or not this going to work out as I told my sales guy that he had until then to get this straightened out. If it doesn't then I'm either going to wait for the '14MY and check out the eco-diesel (from a different dealer of course) or go buy a different brand of truck altogether.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


Advertisement






All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:46 AM.


= Copyright RamForumZ.com a Gigathreads.com Network Site =Ad Management by RedTyger
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vB.Sponsors


=Gigathreads Network=
CLUBS MOPAR NATION DSM GPMM MAMM JAM
DIESEL Diesel Forum      
CHEVY Chevy Camaro Forum Chevy Volt Forum    
CHRYSLER Chrysler 300C Forum      
DODGE Dodge Avenger Forum Dodge Caliber Forum Dodge Challenger Forum Dodge Charger Forum
  Dodge Circuit Forum Dodge Hornet Forum Dodge Magnum Forum Dodge Nitro Forum
  Dodge Ram Forum Dodge Dakota Forum Dodge Durango Forum Dodge Dart Forum
FORD Ford Raptor Forum Ford F150 Forum Ford F100 Forum  
JEEP Jeep Forum      
PONTIAC Pontiac G8 Forum      
SRT SRT Viper Forum SRT Cuda Forum