DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2013 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2013 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2013 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 05-03-2013, 05:18 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 4x4
Trim Level: Laramie Longhorn
Color: Black Gold / White Gold
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:264
Explorer Rob is a jewel in the roughExplorer Rob is a jewel in the roughExplorer Rob is a jewel in the rough
Default My 2013 Longhorn review after week 1

Here is my review of my 2013 Ram Laramie Longhorn 4x4. In addition to the standard Longhorn features like 20-Inch x 9-Inch Alum Polished/Gold Inserts Wheels, 32-Gallon Fuel Tank, 506-Watt Alpine® Surround w/9 Spkrs & Subwoofer, 7 Pin Wiring Harness, Accent Color Running Boards, Accent Fender Flares, Air Conditioning ATC with Dual Zone Control, Auto Dimming Exterior Mirrors, Auto-Dimming Rearview Mirror, Automatic Headlamps, Bi-Function Projector Chrome Headlamps, Dual Rear Exhaust with Bright Tips, Electronic Vehicle Information Center, Exterior Mirrors with Heating Element, Fog Lamps, Full-Size Spare Tire, HD Radio, Heated Front Seats, Heated Second-Row Seats, Heated Steering Wheel, LED Interior Lighting, Locking Lug Nuts, Locking Tailgate, Longhorn Interior Accents, Lower Two Tone Paint, Luxury Front and Rear Floor Mats, Memory for Radio, Driver's Seat, Mirrors and Pedals, Overhead Console with Garage Door Opener, Painted Front Bumper, Painted Rear Bumper, ParkSense® Rear Park Assist System, ParkView® Rear Back Up Camera, Power Accessory Delay, Power Adjustable Pedals with Memory, Power Chrome Multi-Function Mirrors Power Fold-Away, Power Front Windows w/ 1-Touch Up and Down Feature, Premium Door Trim PanelPremium Filigree Leather Seats, Premium Leather-Wrapped Steering Wheel, Premium Tail Lamps, Pwr 10-Way Driver Seat w/Memory&Pwr 6-Way Pass Seat, Rear Power Sliding Window, Rear Under Seat Storage Compartment, Remote Keyless Entry with All-Secure, Remote Start System, Second-Row In-Floor Storage Bins, Security Alarm, Sentry Key® Theft Deterrent System, SiriusXM Travel
Link™/1Yr Travel Link Subscription, Speed Control, Spray in Bedliner, Steering Wheel Mounted Audio Controls, Sun Visors with Illuminated Vanity Mirrors, Tilt Steering Column, Tinted Glass Windows, Tinted Windshield Glass, Tip Start, Tow Hooks, Trailer Tow with 4-Pin Connector Wiring, Traveler / Mini Trip Computer, Uconnect® 8.4AN AM/FM/BT/ACCESS/NAV, Universal Garage Door Opener, Under Hood Lamp, Variable Intermittent Windshield Wipers and Ventilated Front Seats.

I added the 8-Spd Auto 8HP70 Trans (Buy), 3.92 Rear Axle Ratio, Convenience Group, Canyon Brown/Lt. Frost Beige, Black Gold Pearl Coat with 2-tone White Gold accents, Anti-Spin Differential Rear Axle, Power Sunroof, Class IV Receiver Hitch, Trailer Brake Control, Protection Group, Rear Window Defroster, Air Suspension, 4-Corner and RamBox Cargo Management System.
Sponsored links
Old 05-03-2013, 05:21 AM

Explorer Rob is a jewel in the roughExplorer Rob is a jewel in the roughExplorer Rob is a jewel in the rough

Here are my dislikes and issues in no particular order.
1) The first thing I want to mention is the guage package that only comes with the Longhorn. Ram uses silver lettering on a gold background. I find it very difficult to quickly read my speed in the daytime. At night it is very legible though. At night it is lit up with white letters on black. As a result I keep my EVIC on the speed setting.
2) Another issue I have again is with the Longhorn only and may not even be an issue. I'll know if it is once our temperatures exceed 110F. The issue is the wood top of the steering wheel. The dark wood they chose for my steering wheel looks beautiful but I am concerned that it may be too hot to hold once it gets really hot outside. Being wood though it may not. Another issue with the steering wheel is it is sanded so smoothly that it is hard to get a grip on it unlike the leather on the other 2/3 of the wheel.
3) Another issue I have but I am not really concerned with is my current average mileage on the EVIC is 13.1 MPG. It had 22 miles on it when I picked it up. I now have 125 miles on it. All but 20 miles I put on it were city. The other 20 miles were freeway. The few times I did have it on the freeway with the cuise control set my EVIC was showing 20-24 MPG on steady cruising. I have no doubt that the mileage will improve as I get more mileage on it.
4) The next issue I think I am having (the dealer will let me know when I get it back) is the tire pressure monitor sensors were reading about 5 PSI too high. When I drove it home it seemed to ride pretty hard. When I checked the tires in the EVIC it showed all tires were set to 47 PSI. The door sticker says set to them to 39 PSI. I lowered all 4 tires to 39 PSI per my electronic hand held gauge that I have been using for a few years. I've never had an issue with my gauge before but I won't rule out the possibility of it being bad. When I checked the EVIC after lowering the tires to 39 on my gauge, the EVIC still showed 44 PSI. This was cold pressure after sitting in my garage all evening. The strange thing though is yesterday morning when I was getting ready to take my Ram up to the dealer to have them fix my front bumper that has a golf ball size dent and chip from delivery the tires showed 40-41 PSI. I asked them to compare
the EVIC reading to their gauge.

Last edited by Explorer Rob; 05-03-2013 at 05:28 AM.
Old 05-03-2013, 05:22 AM

This is page 3, it is for my likes
Old 05-03-2013, 05:22 AM

This is page four, it is for my summary
Old 05-03-2013, 05:26 AM

this is page 5 since there seems to be a limit on how much can be in a message
Old 05-03-2013, 05:26 AM

this is page 6 for the same reason listed above
Old 05-03-2013, 07:42 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2013 Ram
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Black Gold, 8 spd, air ride
Rep:10
bundy is on a distinguished road

Can't seem to get your last pages, 2-6 ?? No print
Old 05-03-2013, 09:46 AM

Vehicle: 2013 1500 4x4 5.7 6spd
Trim Level: Express QC 6'4" bed
Color: Polar White
Rep:44
turbohawk is on a distinguished road

All my vehicles that have TPMS seem to be at least 3-4 psi higher than what my mechanical gauges show, and this is very consistent.
Old 05-05-2013, 01:15 AM

To everyone who was waiting for the rest of my review, sorry it probably won't be finished here. Looks like I must have broken some rule by posting it. I got booted off after my 2nd page and haven't been able to get on since. It looks like my home IP address has been blocked. I had to post this from my cell phone.
Old 05-05-2013, 01:23 AM
MOPAR or no Car

Vehicle: 2014 Ram 2500 HD
Color: Red
Engine: 2014-20?? 392ci (6.4L) Hemi V8 410hp 429lb/ft
Rep:145
madhatr02 will become famous soon enoughmadhatr02 will become famous soon enough

I was wondering if there was anything you liked LOL

P.S. we have identical trucks, except I couldn't tell if you had sliding rear window or not.

2014 2500 HD
aka "Big Red"