MOTM Discussion - DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums & Owners Club! - Ram Truck Forum
DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums & Owners Club! - Ram Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums & Owners Club! - Ram Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - News Desk > 2017 Dodge Ram - Member Of The Month! > MOTM ARCHIVES

Notices

Vendor Highlight! - Check these guys out for great deals on Parts and Accessories!
Closed Thread

Old 05-03-2013, 11:18 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member

Vehicle: 2007 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Patriot Blue
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:1900
gonefishin776 has a brilliant futuregonefishin776 has a brilliant futuregonefishin776 has a brilliant futuregonefishin776 has a brilliant futuregonefishin776 has a brilliant futuregonefishin776 has a brilliant futuregonefishin776 has a brilliant futuregonefishin776 has a brilliant futuregonefishin776 has a brilliant futuregonefishin776 has a brilliant futuregonefishin776 has a brilliant future
Default MOTM Discussion

Take this how you will, I mean no disrespect to anyone....

but I feel there should be a post count and/or membership length in order to vote.

It's kind of disgruntling that a guy who literally just joined that day, finds the voting/nom page and just names probably the most recent guy he talked to on here. Most likely didn't read the rules for nominating or voting and not understanding the difference between MEMBER of the month and truck of the month.

I hope this doesn't offend anyone. I come in peace
JVC Arsenal KD, Bilstein 5100 adjustables [maxed], aFe Stage 2 Air Intake, Superchips 3865, Husky Floor Mats, Saddleman Camo Seat Covers, Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler SI/DO, 20 % Tint. 35x12.5x17 Federal Couragia M/T, 17x8.5 VTEC Warlord wheels, -12mm offest.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-03-2013, 12:41 PM

Vehicle: 2017 1500 Laramie
Rep:623
bighemi04 is a name known to allbighemi04 is a name known to allbighemi04 is a name known to allbighemi04 is a name known to allbighemi04 is a name known to allbighemi04 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonefishin776 View Post

but I feel there should be a post count and/or membership length in order to vote.

It's kind of disgruntling that a guy who literally just joined that day, finds the voting/nom page and just names probably the most recent guy he talked to on here. Most likely didn't read the rules for nominating or voting and not understanding the difference between MEMBER of the month and truck of the month.

+1....................
Old 05-03-2013, 01:02 PM

Vehicle: .
Rep:4373
Asur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond repute

+2 ....................................Reps for that statement

Old 05-03-2013, 01:10 PM
Administrator

Vehicle: 2008 Dodge Ram 1500 QC TRX4
Trim Level: SXT
Color: Flame Red
Rep:2055
ShawnC13 has a reputation beyond reputeShawnC13 has a reputation beyond reputeShawnC13 has a reputation beyond reputeShawnC13 has a reputation beyond reputeShawnC13 has a reputation beyond reputeShawnC13 has a reputation beyond reputeShawnC13 has a reputation beyond reputeShawnC13 has a reputation beyond reputeShawnC13 has a reputation beyond reputeShawnC13 has a reputation beyond reputeShawnC13 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

But what type requirements for posting or length of membership would you suggest?

Thanks for the nominations. For mine even though on the list making her self ineligible I am still putting

CajunDodge
Old 05-03-2013, 01:12 PM

gonefishin776 has a brilliant futuregonefishin776 has a brilliant futuregonefishin776 has a brilliant futuregonefishin776 has a brilliant futuregonefishin776 has a brilliant futuregonefishin776 has a brilliant futuregonefishin776 has a brilliant futuregonefishin776 has a brilliant futuregonefishin776 has a brilliant futuregonefishin776 has a brilliant futuregonefishin776 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShawnC13 View Post
But what type requirements for posting or length of membership would you suggest?

Thanks for the nominations. For mine even though on the list making her self ineligible I am still putting

CajunDodge
I'm not sure. I'd hate to even suggest it. But with the sheer lack of participation in the nominating/voting process compared to the number of members, it wouldn't be crazy for that one new guy to be the swing vote/nomination.

Maybe 1-3 months on the board with 50-75 posts? that's not asking too much. Or maybe just the post requirement
JVC Arsenal KD, Bilstein 5100 adjustables [maxed], aFe Stage 2 Air Intake, Superchips 3865, Husky Floor Mats, Saddleman Camo Seat Covers, Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler SI/DO, 20 % Tint. 35x12.5x17 Federal Couragia M/T, 17x8.5 VTEC Warlord wheels, -12mm offest.
Old 05-03-2013, 01:16 PM

Vehicle: 2015 Ram 2500 Crew
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Silver
Rep:147
TVL will become famous soon enoughTVL will become famous soon enough

Quote:
I'm not sure. I'd hate to even suggest it. But with the sheer lack of participation in the nominating/voting process compared to the number of members, it wouldn't be crazy for that one new guy to be the swing vote/nomination.

Maybe 1-3 months on the board with 50-75 posts? that's not asking too much. Or maybe just the post requirement
Have to agree with gonfishin776. It's nothing personal to the new members but there is no substitute for time spent on the forum! jmho

2015 Ram 2500 6.4L Hemi, 4:10 gear ratio, 5" Rough Country Lift, 20" MotoMetal 962 Wheels with 0 offset, Nitto Trail Grappler 37 X 12.50 Tires, Bakflip G2 Box Cover, LineX Spray-on Bedliner, Amp Research Power step
Old 05-03-2013, 01:21 PM

Vehicle: A Truck
Rep:2559
Hermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

A fair point and a worthwhile consideration.
Old 05-03-2013, 01:25 PM
Administrator

Vehicle: 2008 Dodge Ram 1500 QC TRX4
Trim Level: SXT
Color: Flame Red
Rep:2055
ShawnC13 has a reputation beyond reputeShawnC13 has a reputation beyond reputeShawnC13 has a reputation beyond reputeShawnC13 has a reputation beyond reputeShawnC13 has a reputation beyond reputeShawnC13 has a reputation beyond reputeShawnC13 has a reputation beyond reputeShawnC13 has a reputation beyond reputeShawnC13 has a reputation beyond reputeShawnC13 has a reputation beyond reputeShawnC13 has a reputation beyond repute

But one nomination does not get a member into a voting position. If the member gets enough nominations then they have obviously helped enough people or been active enough for others to feel they are worthy of the nomination. It is MEMBER of the Month and I think that if enough other members think that a member is worthy of a nomination and getting the votes then obviously they are doing something right on the forum to have that type of impact in a short time. The biggest thing is to have all members not just new members realise that this is MEMBER of the Month not Truck of the month
Old 05-03-2013, 01:29 PM

Vehicle: 2015 Ram 2500 Crew
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Silver
Rep:147
TVL will become famous soon enoughTVL will become famous soon enough

Quote:
But one nomination does not get a member into a voting position. If the member gets enough nominations then they have obviously helped enough people or been active enough for others to feel they are worthy of the nomination. It is MEMBER of the Month and I think that if enough other members think that a member is worthy of a nomination and getting the votes then obviously they are doing something right on the forum to have that type of impact in a short time. The biggest thing is to have all members not just new members realise that this is MEMBER of the Month not Truck of the month
Good point! That's why he's a Member Relations Manager! (does that make him the "Man"?....just sayin)

2015 Ram 2500 6.4L Hemi, 4:10 gear ratio, 5" Rough Country Lift, 20" MotoMetal 962 Wheels with 0 offset, Nitto Trail Grappler 37 X 12.50 Tires, Bakflip G2 Box Cover, LineX Spray-on Bedliner, Amp Research Power step
Old 05-03-2013, 01:36 PM

Quote:
I see what you are saying.

I guess only in a very rare case could a new member completely swing a vote/nomination. More likely a nomination because sometimes that difference between 3rd place nominee and 4th place is only 1 nomination. So if the new guy doesn't even know who he's nominating or why..he's just bandwagoning...that doesn't seem fair.

Then again...it's not that serious. You are right...if it comes to the point that 4 people with 10 nominations each get swung by a new guy. They are all worthy so what does it matter?

Unless that 4th guy that got pushed was very helpful that month or previously and can't be around much after that, he missed his shot. I don't know.

I guess it's really just the principle of the matter...chances are low that a newbie could swing a vote BUT...it doesn't make sense that someone who's only been on for 3 hours could make an knowledgeable nomination/vote

Also, in the unfortunate situation where a member up for nominations/voting decide to go make a bunch of false accounts or get his buddies to make some so they can nominate him. A post count requirement can deter that

Last edited by gonefishin776; 05-03-2013 at 01:39 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread