DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2013 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2013 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2013 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 05-03-2013, 11:42 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2013 1500 RAM
Trim Level: Tradesman
Color: Blue
Engine: 2013-20?? 220ci (3.6L) Pentastar 305hp 269lb/ft
Rep:20
JayhawkRAM is on a distinguished road
Default new member-new truck

Hello, hope I am posting this in the correct spot.

I sold my F250 on March 15 and ordered my new Ram on March 19. It will be my first non-ford truck in 67 years.

As I no longer tow anything except a motorcycle trailer, I opted for the following: 1500 Blue Pearl Quad cab, 3.6L., 8 speed tranny, 3.55 ra., anti spin, trailer brake control, exterior appearance gp, popular equip. gp, chrome side moulding, Ram box, bedliner.

Ob April 26 the website showed it going to final inspection. It stayed there a week, I assume for the bedliner. This morning I got up early and checked the website. It showed the truck was being shipped! I believe it will go by rail to Memphis, then by truck to my dealer in Arkansas. Anyone care to guess how long it might take?

I have always been a Ford guy and I have done a lot of towing. In 2005 I bought a 6.0 diesel, and that experience soured me so badly on Ford that I will not touch another one. In addition a close friend's son went to work for Chrysler two years ago. His job puts him into out-year vehicles for testing. Some make it to the market, some don't. I had a chance to visit him in 2011 and he asked if I wanted to test drive a new Ram that was being tested. I said sure, drove it, loved the way it handled, and it seemed to have plenty of power. It sure was a lot more quiet than my F250! At the end of the test drive I told him that I had never driven a hemi before. He replied that I still had not driven a hemi, then he popped the hood and I was in shock! It looked like only half of the engine was there.

Even after that experience, I really did not think I would ever consider buying a truck with a six. But being on a limited fixed income, and expecting the cost of fuel to get much higher within a couple of years, I decided to take a chance on the new 6 with the eight speed tranny.

I am extremely anxious to take possession of the truck. I will let everyone know how I feel about it as soon as I put a few hundred miles on it.
Sponsored links
Old 05-03-2013, 12:41 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2013 Ram Sport 1500 True Blue
Rep:91
nikeman will become famous soon enough

I wish I knew. I just got put on D status apparently so I have a while yet to wait. I'm sure you will love the truck and they should give you an estimated delivery date. If I were in your shoes I would expect the truck with a week and a half and if I didn't have it by then I would turn into the squeaky wheel in my dealers ear until I did get it.
Old 05-03-2013, 02:15 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 4X4 / 3.55 LSD
Trim Level: Outdoorsman Crew Cab
Color: Deep Cherry Red Crystal Pearl Coat
Rep:1043
gcscott has much to be proud ofgcscott has much to be proud ofgcscott has much to be proud ofgcscott has much to be proud ofgcscott has much to be proud ofgcscott has much to be proud ofgcscott has much to be proud ofgcscott has much to be proud of

Mine showed up 1 week after it went to delivery. Order to delivery time wast 6 weeks.

Old 05-04-2013, 02:40 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2013 1500 RAM
Trim Level: Tradesman
Color: Blue
Rep:20
JayhawkRAM is on a distinguished road

Great. I wish I could find out the routing from Warren to my dealer. Years ago my best friend was a dispatcher for Convoy. I ordered a new Jeep in the early 1980's and he was able to track the vehicle all the way from the factory to Kansas City. He was able to get me access to the rail yard and I watched the vehicle being unloaded off the railcar. I am sure the security is much tighter now, and pesky newbie owners are not allowed anywhere near the transport operations.
Old 05-04-2013, 03:54 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2008 mega cab 4x4 cummings
Trim Level: laramie
Color: black
Engine: 2007-???? 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 350hp 650lb/ft
Rep:10
bitter sweet is on a distinguished road

Old member,new truck soon! Gave up the mega-cab in the divorce,told her they make more than one truck.Going to get a two door short bed hemi,love the new body style so
im excited to get it! They didnt have black so they were going to do a dealer trade then realized that one was coming in already on order! Had everything but receiver and spray in bed liner.Had been a gm mechanic for over 20 years and loved the mega cab so i am gong to try out the hemi!!
Old 05-05-2013, 12:00 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2014 6.4 Hemi; traded 2013 CTD
Trim Level: Laramie Crew 4x4
Rep:139
HorseMan will become famous soon enoughHorseMan will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayhawkRAM View Post
Hello, hope I am posting this in the correct spot.

I sold my F250 on March 15 and ordered my new Ram on March 19. It will be my first non-ford truck in 67 years.

As I no longer tow anything except a motorcycle trailer, I opted for the following: 1500 Blue Pearl Quad cab, 3.6L., 8 speed tranny, 3.55 ra., anti spin, trailer brake control, exterior appearance gp, popular equip. gp, chrome side moulding, Ram box, bedliner.

Ob April 26 the website showed it going to final inspection. It stayed there a week, I assume for the bedliner. This morning I got up early and checked the website. It showed the truck was being shipped! I believe it will go by rail to Memphis, then by truck to my dealer in Arkansas. Anyone care to guess how long it might take?

I have always been a Ford guy and I have done a lot of towing. In 2005 I bought a 6.0 diesel, and that experience soured me so badly on Ford that I will not touch another one. In addition a close friend's son went to work for Chrysler two years ago. His job puts him into out-year vehicles for testing. Some make it to the market, some don't. I had a chance to visit him in 2011 and he asked if I wanted to test drive a new Ram that was being tested. I said sure, drove it, loved the way it handled, and it seemed to have plenty of power. It sure was a lot more quiet than my F250! At the end of the test drive I told him that I had never driven a hemi before. He replied that I still had not driven a hemi, then he popped the hood and I was in shock! It looked like only half of the engine was there.

Even after that experience, I really did not think I would ever consider buying a truck with a six. But being on a limited fixed income, and expecting the cost of fuel to get much higher within a couple of years, I decided to take a chance on the new 6 with the eight speed tranny.

I am extremely anxious to take possession of the truck. I will let everyone know how I feel about it as soon as I put a few hundred miles on it.
Good to see you on here! Another Arkansas fellow...where are you at in our great state?