DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2012 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2012 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2012 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 11-09-2013, 09:37 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2012 Ram CC 1500 4X4
Trim Level: Outdoorsman
Color: Black (PX8)
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:388
ONOutdoorsman is just really niceONOutdoorsman is just really niceONOutdoorsman is just really niceONOutdoorsman is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by TransEngineer View Post
The dealer does not need Chrysler's permission to repair your truck. What I suspect is that the dealer is asking for permission to REPLACE your entire transmission, instead of REPAIRING it.

Sorry for the hassle you are having, but I suspect it's because the dealer wants to take the "easy way out," which coincidentally gives them a larger profit on the job as well...
How do I have more rep points that this guy???? Crazy! Great information.
Old 11-12-2013, 10:10 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Tradesman
Color: White
Rep:10
Grn70 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
The dealer does not need Chrysler's permission to repair your truck. What I suspect is that the dealer is asking for permission to REPLACE your entire transmission, instead of REPAIRING it.

Sorry for the hassle you are having, but I suspect it's because the dealer wants to take the "easy way out," which coincidentally gives them a larger profit on the job as well...
Well I do find that hard to believe. They have told me that they have only been given permission to replace the gear package, but here is some more fun facts... The dealership has stopped working on my truck to send the ONE transmission guy they have to a class and he took all the information on my truck with him to this class in hopes that they can get approval at this class to fix my transmission. So now I'm going into week number 3 in the Camry. I don't know what I'm going to do if it starts snowing here before they give me my truck back. I can drive this car in the snow just fine, it's the other people from out of state that are up here for oil that don't know how to drive and I don't want to get ran over.
Old 11-12-2013, 10:23 AM

Vehicle: N/A
Rep:350
TransEngineer is just really niceTransEngineer is just really niceTransEngineer is just really niceTransEngineer is just really nice

Exactly. They've been told to rebuild the input clutch assy (input clutch kit costs $220), but instead they are wanting to replace the entire trans ($4400).
Old 11-12-2013, 11:05 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Tradesman
Color: White
Grn70 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Exactly. They've been told to rebuild the input clutch assy (input clutch kit costs $220), but instead they are wanting to replace the entire trans ($4400).
It's fine that they want to replace the whole stinkin transmission. However, I don't think that this should take this long. I'll be surprised if I get my truck back by next year., at the rate that they are going. I'm going to stop calling them and pestering them. I guess I'll just get my truck back when I get it back.
Old 11-12-2013, 11:21 AM

Vehicle: N/A
Rep:350
TransEngineer is just really niceTransEngineer is just really niceTransEngineer is just really niceTransEngineer is just really nice

I agree that it shouldn't take this long. Just trying to explain why Chrysler may be hesitant to approve a complete trans replacement (and why the dealer may be pushing for it).
Old 11-19-2013, 10:06 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 2500 Laramie 4x4
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Silver
Engine: 2011-20?? 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 350hp 800lb/ft
Jimfleming is on a distinguished road
Default Results

My view of problem - On four occasions when my 2012 2500 sat over the weekend the transmission "Oozes" into gear. As I begin to brake at the end of the driveway the truck will lurch forward and I must brake hard.
Dealer has replaced the Flow control valve, and both transmission filters under warranty. The problem has not reoccurred and the vehicle has no hesitation when placed in gear. Thanks to TransEngineer for his time and interest in this forum!