DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Help Zone - Dodge Ram Problems, Complaints, & Solutions - Maintenance & Re > 2ND Generation Dodge Ram 1994 to 2001 Dodge Ram Trucks > Body & Interior

Notices

Body & Interior 2nd Gen Dodge Ram Body & Interior Problems and Questions.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 05-07-2013, 10:44 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 99
Trim Level: slt
Color: blue
Engine: 1998-2001 360ci (5.9L) Magnum V8 245hp(standard), 250hp(Sport package)
Rep:20
ModifiedBEAST is on a distinguished road
Default My Lifted Quad Cab Ram

Opinions? Anything I should change?

Should I trade it for a 03+ ram 4door?

How much is my lift worth? its a 6" skyjacker lift. and 3" body lift

Old 05-07-2013, 11:32 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: N/A
Rep:1045
double0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud of

i would keep it man! it looks real good! sure having a newer truck is nice, but youll miss this one. what about headlights or taillights? those wake up the front and rear end of a truck ANY day.

as for the lift maybe 1500-2000 new. depending on whats all in it and how old affects the price. never sold a lift lol. I did trade my fabtech 5.5 for a bds 5 inch on my old 2000, but ive never sold one.
Old 05-08-2013, 08:42 AM

Thanks. Anyone know what model the rims are? They're made by Cruiser Alloy. One rim has a hairline crack in it so I have one mismatched rim. Think welding the hairline crack is safe?

The rear is lower than the front. What kind of blocks do I need to lift it up? I want to do that as long as the shocks dont need replaced.

Since those pics, I plastidipped all the chrome satin black. Rims, emblems, toolbox. Not sure which looks better.

My plans so far:
tint the headlights/tail lights/fog lights.
cab lights, tinted
running board lights, tinted
towing mirrors
replace bed and rear doors (dented to hell)

Should I keep the bug shield?
Old 05-11-2013, 02:22 PM

double0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud of

I wouldn't weld the rim. I'd be too afraid that you'll throw off the balance with the weld. granted you could probably rebalance, but there might be need of considerable balancing weights? I honestly don't know as I've never tried.

as for what rim, Idk either. Google cruiser alloys and look for your rim, that should help.

I prefer the Plasti-dipped look, put up pictures!

tinting tails and cab lights works well, but consider this... the stock 2nd Gen ram headlights suck enough as it is with their yellowing, why darken that JUST for looks? you'll never see anything other than 5 feet infront of you. I hate to see people do that because I know how awful it becomes. eBay has some black inside the headlights with a clear lense for under 100. look hard enough and you can find sets for around 60 on there. stray away from the tinted on there too, your just reducing any light output gained from using the aftermarket headlight.

same goes for the fog lights. they make aftermarket replacement protectors that look black on eBay. I'm a lighting nut. have you looked at hids? you could run those in your heads and fogs for a completely different look up front.

if the bug shield hasn't worn down your Hood and fenders paint on the edges, ditch em!

oh and for your rear, factory, you have blocks for the axle. most lifts add a block. I wouldn't add another block. maybe your rear leafs are worn, depends how the truck was treated over it's life. you could add a couple leafs off a wreck from a junk yard to help out, and that will lift it up a bit.

Last edited by double0ram; 05-11-2013 at 02:39 PM.
Old 05-12-2013, 12:14 AM

heres from today. still have to remove tape from side moldings and tail gate.
guess i'll stick with the plastidip look for awhile.
toolbox is coming off tomorrow. trading a bull bar for a tonnuea cover with a lock/key.
i threw the 4th gen emblems on

opinions on the rear bumper? it came with the truck. have the stock bumper too but its all beat up in the middle.

Last edited by ModifiedBEAST; 05-12-2013 at 12:19 AM.
Old 05-12-2013, 12:16 AM

Wow man, that looks awesome that way!! I love the Dodge strips.

there's definitely some sag in your rear end though
Old 05-16-2013, 10:34 AM

a bolt is broke off into the front yoke for the 4x4 driveshaft. i was gonna just take the yoke off and let a friend remove the broken bolt. any advice on removing the yoke? the whole thing spins. i have a bad vacuum line or something so it wont lock into place. or should i leave it on drill the bolt out. the drill i tried using was a pos. should i also heat the bolt up?

i looked and rear only has skyjacker shocks. looks like i'll need 2 or 3 inch blocks in the rear. they just sit under the leaf springs?
found the kit on autozone.com, comes with longer u bolts and block. should i do 2 or 3"?

should i leave bug shield on or remove? in the first pic, i started removing the middle piece.
looks plain to me now.

white stripes? figure i can try it, if it looks ugly, i'll peel them off. going to use matte white plastidip. can do vinyl but only if i like it.

should i add a 4th gen "1500" emblem beside the RAM emblems?

i have the 4th gen 4x4 emblem on the right side of the tail gate. was thinking of adding DODGE or RAM to the left side.

should i add cab lights?

Last edited by ModifiedBEAST; 05-16-2013 at 10:42 AM.
Old 05-16-2013, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ModifiedBEAST View Post
a bolt is broke off into the front yoke for the 4x4 driveshaft. i was gonna just take the yoke off and let a friend remove the broken bolt. any advice on removing the yoke? the whole thing spins. i have a bad vacuum line or something so it wont lock into place. or should i leave it on drill the bolt out. the drill i tried using was a pos. should i also heat the bolt up?

i looked and rear only has skyjacker shocks. looks like i'll need 2 or 3 inch blocks in the rear. they just sit under the leaf springs?
found the kit on autozone.com, comes with longer u bolts and block. should i do 2 or 3"?

should i leave bug shield on or remove? in the first pic, i started removing the middle piece.
looks plain to me now.

white stripes? figure i can try it, if it looks ugly, i'll peel them off. going to use matte white plastidip. can do vinyl but only if i like it.

should i add a 4th gen "1500" emblem beside the RAM emblems?

i have the 4th gen 4x4 emblem on the right side of the tail gate. was thinking of adding DODGE or RAM to the left side.

should i add cab lights?
I would drill but I have a decent drill that hasn't failed me yet lol. maybe a little heat, but don't go turning it molten red either.

so your saying your rear has no blocks at all?! they have them from the factory, 99-01 at least. if you don't have anything, then definitely get a block! Idk if you'll need 2 or 3. take it to a level parking lot and measure from the ground to the top arch of your fenders wheel well, front and back. typically you want the numbers to be as close as possible for a leveled look, so based off what you measure, buy what will work.

and your other questions... bro it's all up to you. it's your truck, add what looks good to you and take off what you don't like. I ditched my ugly stock bumper as it drooped, and fabbed up brackets to bolt on an 08 front bumper. it's all about how you want it to look like.

personally, I don't dig bug sheilds, badges or emblems, and the color white LOL!! I usually strip all my badges and emblems and black out everything. but that's just me, and I've seen a few rams with those things on em that look absolutely amazing.

BTW, making stripes with plasti-dip first is a solid idea. it's temporary enough to tell if you like it, and looks good too
Old 05-16-2013, 11:16 PM

I'll double check. I figured it might have an add-a-leaf. Not sure what all came with the skyjacker 6" lift. I read they dont sell the 6" lift no more. it does have the skyjacker shocks in the rear. Does the truck look like it has the 6" suspension lift and 3" body lift?

I'll probably try the plastidip again real soon but peeled it off for now. Just got an A.R.E. tonneau cover. Traded a small bull bar off an old blazer for it. It was in my scrap metal pile so no loss for me. It was too small for a Ram. The cover will be painted soon. Only got it for looks and i guess privacy. Nobody can see whats in the bed now.

I just welded 2 flowmasters on it. Everyone else here locally has glasspacks or straight pipes on their trucks.

Old 05-16-2013, 11:17 PM

I'll double check. I figured it might have an add-a-leaf. Not sure what all came with the skyjacker 6" lift. I read they dont sell the 6" lift no more. it does have the skyjacker shocks in the rear. Does the truck look like it has the 6" suspension lift and 3" body lift?

I'll probably try the plastidip again real soon but peeled it off for now. Just got an A.R.E. tonneau cover. Traded a small bull bar off an old blazer for it. It was in my scrap metal pile so no loss for me. It was too small for a Ram. The cover will be painted soon. Only got it for looks and i guess privacy. Nobody can see whats in the bed now.

I just welded 2 flowmasters on it. Everyone else here locally has glasspacks or straight pipes on their trucks.