DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2013 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2013 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2013 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 05-09-2013, 01:09 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 4x4
Trim Level: Laramie Longhorn
Color: Black Gold / White Gold
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:264
Explorer Rob is a jewel in the roughExplorer Rob is a jewel in the roughExplorer Rob is a jewel in the rough
Default I'm Back! IP issue resolved

I was able to get a new IP address assigned to me by ISP and once I did I was able to get to the site. Also per GT the server settings were set very strict. I must have activated them on myself when I kept trying to post my review even though I was getting errors. Unfortunately there was nothing to tell me how many characters a message could have so I had to do it by trial and error. Example, I pasted my message, got an error, cut some out, reposted, still got an error, cut some more, reposted, it posted OK. One too many errors probably in such a short amount of time caused me to get locked out.

I am going to post my 2 week review of my Ram so if I disappear for a while again you all know what happened
Sponsored links
Old 05-09-2013, 02:16 AM

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500
Color: Deep Cherry PearlCoat / White Gold
Rep:16
buckmaster is on a distinguished road

Welcome back. Glad you got it resolved. Hopefully you for good. I am still waiting for my Longhorn. Suppose to be at dealer next Monday. Ordered it on Jan. 28th and get it (hopefully May 13)....not bad.
Way to go Ram, only 14 weeks. LOL
Old 05-09-2013, 02:40 AM

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 4x4
Color: Black Gold / White Gold
Rep:264
Explorer Rob is a jewel in the roughExplorer Rob is a jewel in the roughExplorer Rob is a jewel in the rough

Thanks, I'm surprised you haven't gotten it yet. Mine came in 2 weeks ago today and I ordered it January 29. Took 12 weeks + 1 day for mine. I would have thought my Black Gold would have been less common than the Deep Cherry Red. I have only seen 1 other Black Gold on the street, but a lot of the Deep Cherry Reds (although mine is the only 2013 1500 Longhorn I've seen on the street). I got just about every option I could (didn't get the engine block heater, tow mirrors and CD player) and my Ram took a train ride through Kansas City. I hope you get yours soon. The wait will seem short once you get it. I know mine did. The wait was excruciating while I was waiting, but once I had my Ram the 12 weeks didn't seem so long.
Old 05-09-2013, 03:15 AM

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500
Color: Deep Cherry PearlCoat / White Gold
Rep:16
buckmaster is on a distinguished road

My wife was very partial to the color. I am not too fond of two tones, but I have seen others and they look ok. My personal choice would have been your color. Now that is a two tone to get excited about, but the wife thought it looked too green while looking at it online and the dealers around here did not have any that color on the lots for reference back then. I have seen a few trucks recently with that combination and they look nice. Glad you got yours. It has been a long time coming.
Well I know mine will have the 3.21s. I saw it on the build sheet. My dealer was shocked to learn that the truck was not 3.55. When he ordered it, it was assumed that it would be 3.55 as standard since that is what his build program had in it. Now it displays 3.21 as standard. He did say that the 3.55 was listed NOW as an option (this contradicts info posted here that say 3.21 std or 3.92 optional...no 3.55 available for 8 speed). The 3.21s will be ok I guess as don't usually tow more than about 6k anyway. But you never know what the future holds. The 3.55 would have been more middle ground and maybe better, but I do not want to take a fuel mileage hit with the 3.92s. I figure if I do have to tow anything heavier, I will just have to drop it down into a lower transmission gear, probably 6th. Don't like that but since my order did not specifically spell out 3.55, it got the 3.21s standard. Ram should have their hind end kicked for this debacle. Clearly the left hand not knowing what the right hand had in it. They should make a distinction with their towing info and website that makes it clear that the 8 speeds have a different option set than the 6 speed. As we all know, their website info is 6 speed only info. I don't know who dropped the ball here, marketing I guess. The dealer told me last week that there are many unhappy ram owners he is having to deal with. I have assured him I won't be one of them. I just hope I can live with it as I tend to keep vehicles (if they are good one's) a long time. Remember, I still have a 94 1500 sitting in my driveway with over 200k miles and still dependable. It is not my daily driver anymore. It has never let me down. I hope for the same on the '13.