DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2013 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2013 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2013 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 05-09-2013, 12:26 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2011 F-150
Rep:10
solidjack is on a distinguished road

I have the 32 gal fuel tank also. Only time i noticed the bump was at a 3/4 full tank. Nothing except for then.

I have the exact same options on a Laramie. I didn't even sit in a longhorn before I ordered and was happy with the seats in the Laramie. You've got me wondering what I am missing with the Longhorn seats.

Great Writeup....Great looking Truck.
Sponsored links
Old 05-09-2013, 12:37 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: White 2013 QC 4x4 BigHorn
Trim Level: BigHorn
Color: White
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:14
Irv is on a distinguished road

Curious how you like your sound system?

I turned down one truck on a lot that would have filled all my needs, except it didn't have the 9spkr/amp sound sytem.

My current Sierra has a Bose system so I didn't want to go backwards in sound quality/volume with my new truck.

Curious if I made the right decision as I never did hear the 9spkr/amp system?
Old 05-09-2013, 01:46 PM

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Maximum Steel Metallic
Rep:19
MOTH3R is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckmaster View Post
Very useful critique. Now I know what to expect when (hopefully) I pick mine up from dealer next week. Awesome looking truck. Any pointers on pillar tape removal?
It's pretty straight forward. Just be careful not to drop or lose the screw that holds the lower trim in place!
Old 05-09-2013, 02:25 PM

Vehicle: 2013
Trim Level: Laramie Longhorn
Color: Black Gold Pearl
Rep:11
firemarshallvin is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOTH3R View Post
It's pretty straight forward. Just be careful not to drop or lose the screw that holds the lower trim in place!
Can you guys elaborate on this "Pillar tape" in which you speak? I saw Robs original pics and descriptions regarding it, but what's it all about? Is it suposed to stay on, or only on for shipping? Enlighten us.

Add-ons:
14" Magnaflow, BAK FiberMax Tonneau, Misc Whelen Emergency Lights and Switchpak.
Old 05-09-2013, 02:33 PM

Trim Level: Longhorn
Color: Western Brown
Rep:30
N901 is on a distinguished road

It comes on most trucks, except black i think... might be wrong here. I think it is only installed to keep everything looking black from window to window. People were telling me to pull it but i was hesitating. Eventually saw some of it coming up and just removed it all. Really like the way it looks
Old 05-09-2013, 03:25 PM

Trim Level: Sport
Color: Maximum Steel Metallic
Rep:19
MOTH3R is on a distinguished road

Yeah, it's pretty common for a lot of manufacturers to put that tape there. My S2000 had similar tape around the windshield and I pulled that off too.

Some people like it, but I like the shiny paint underneath better.
Old 05-10-2013, 02:54 AM

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 4x4
Color: Black Gold / White Gold
Rep:264
Explorer Rob is a jewel in the roughExplorer Rob is a jewel in the roughExplorer Rob is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by plumcrazy73 View Post
the issue with the songs, could have to do with the song tags attached to them and not the radio. just a thought.
That's what I'm thinking, however it only happens to 1 or 2 songs on a given album. I ripped the entire album to MP3 in one session using Media Player. All but 1 or 2 songs will show up fine. It only does this on my Ram. I can put the SD card in my Garmin hand held GPS and the songs all work properly. Same thing on my Motorola Droid Razr Maxx HD and HTC Thunderbolt phones. When I look at the details for the songs that are affected, they look exactly like the details of the songs on the rest of the album that do show all the details properly. I'm sure I'll end up erasing the tag info song by song until I get them all cleared up. With about 400 songs to fix, it'll take a while.
Old 05-10-2013, 03:01 AM

Explorer Rob is a jewel in the roughExplorer Rob is a jewel in the roughExplorer Rob is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerwagon 46 View Post
Wow. That is a really pretty truck, especially in the bright sunshine. I have a Longhorn on order in Copperhead Pearl. If it looks close to yours I will be really happy.

Thanks for the complements. My original Ram was going to be a Copperhead Sport QC but once I realized cramped I felt in the back seat, I knew I wanted the CC. Once I knew I wanted the CC, I looked at the Longhorn since it had everything I was going to get on the Sport and more. Plus, my mother bought a 2013 Dodge Journey a week before I placed my order in Copperhead (she did ask me if I would mind having her having the same color as me). I didn't think I would mind, but I had been contemplating the Black Gold since it was available on the Long Horn unlike the Sport. I'm happy with my choice.

I ordered the WTW side step. Looking at yours I like the standard step bar. I hope I didn't make a mistake.
If the WTW side step would have been available in the Gold finish and the thin step instead of tubular, I would have rather have had them. I don't think I would have paid the extra $600 for them though since there is no credit for mine. It would have been smarter to just buy them after the fact and then sell mine. I don't really miss the WTW steps though. They are only about 9" longer than mine and that is only about enough room to put one foot on anyway.
Old 05-10-2013, 03:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckmaster View Post
Very useful critique. Now I know what to expect when (hopefully) I pick mine up from dealer next week. Awesome looking truck. Any pointers on pillar tape removal?
I referenced someone else's write-up here somewhere. It came off very easy since I only had it a day. The black pillar tape is there to blend between the two windows. I figured with my darker color, it would look good removed. I do like it better with the tape removed. Keep in mind, once you start pulling, there's no easy way to go back. If mine were a lighter color, I'm not sure if I would have removed it.

My mother wants me to remove her pillar tape on her Copperhead Journey now.
Old 05-10-2013, 03:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by solidjack View Post
I have the 32 gal fuel tank also. Only time i noticed the bump was at a 3/4 full tank. Nothing except for then.

I have the exact same options on a Laramie. I didn't even sit in a longhorn before I ordered and was happy with the seats in the Laramie. You've got me wondering what I am missing with the Longhorn seats.

Great Writeup....Great looking Truck.
Thanks, the Laramie's leather is definitely nice, in fact I kind of favor the black over my brown. It's the material that I wasn't sold on. It reminded me of my mother's Monte Carlo with black leather. The seats felt too smooth and hard. I only drove the Laramie for a short test drive so it might have grown on me. However, once I felt the softness of the Longhorn leather I was sold. It is a bit softer than the rest of the Rams plus there's a lot more of it. The Longhorn is the only Ram with leather rear seats.

You aren't missing anything though as long as you don't set in a Longhorn