DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Help Zone - Dodge Ram Problems, Complaints, & Solutions - Maintenance & Re > 4TH Generation Dodge Ram 2009+ Dodge Ram Trucks > Heating & Cooling

Notices

Heating & Cooling 4th Gen Dodge Ram Heating & Cooling Problems and Questions.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 12-02-2013, 03:49 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2013 Dodge Ram Larimie
Trim Level: Larimie
Color: Black Gold Pearl
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
jimbopa is on a distinguished road
Default smelly truck and no fix in sight

so I took the truck in, yes it smells bad and now that the heaters on due to temp in the northeast it's getting worse. the dealer established a case number. he shows me the star case that says they are aware of the issue and no fix at this time. The dodge case manager, should say customer service rep doesn't know anything. she is giving me lip service about this being addressed and leaves me messages that she is trying to get in touch with the dealer I took it back in today do to a cannot detect key fob and low battery issue. the dealer is calling dodge but still no fix or suggestion. it's been nearly three months and it smells worse by the day. my kids won't ride in the truck. felling kinda hopeless and dodge isn't doing anything. I see folks on here getting new oases and new trucks but their not doing anything for this 53k truck. I plan on bring it in again and then filing a pa lemon law case. it's coming down to that
Sponsored links
Old 12-02-2013, 10:59 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2013 Dodge Ram 1500 Express
Trim Level: Express Quad Cab
Color: Mineral Grey
Rep:45
TinMan68 is on a distinguished road

Have the EPA run an air quality test on it. If it comes back being unfit for human breathing you have the grounds for one hell of a law suit against Chrysler!
2013 Dodge Ram 1500 Express Quad Cab 5.7L Hemi With 6 Speed Automatic And 3:55 LSD Gears and 20 Inch Rubber
2002 A6 3.0L 30V Quattro Avant Auto
2003 Nissan 350Z Enthusiast Model 6 Speed Manual
Old 12-03-2013, 10:37 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2013 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Laramie Longhorn
Color: Prairie Pearl Coat
Rep:46
R@mF@n is on a distinguished road
Default This just Stinks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbopa View Post
so I took the truck in, yes it smells bad and now that the heaters on due to temp in the northeast it's getting worse. the dealer established a case number. he shows me the star case that says they are aware of the issue and no fix at this time. The dodge case manager, should say customer service rep doesn't know anything. she is giving me lip service about this being addressed and leaves me messages that she is trying to get in touch with the dealer I took it back in today do to a cannot detect key fob and low battery issue. the dealer is calling dodge but still no fix or suggestion. it's been nearly three months and it smells worse by the day. my kids won't ride in the truck. felling kinda hopeless and dodge isn't doing anything. I see folks on here getting new oases and new trucks but their not doing anything for this 53k truck. I plan on bring it in again and then filing a pa lemon law case. it's coming down to that
Please post to the forum if you pursue the PA Lemon Law case - I am seriously thinking about filling one in Illinois. I was told today that there may not be a fix until Feb or March!!
Old 12-05-2013, 06:18 AM

Vehicle: 2013 RAM 1500 Laramie
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Cherry Red
Rep:465
Monster5601 is a glorious beacon of lightMonster5601 is a glorious beacon of lightMonster5601 is a glorious beacon of lightMonster5601 is a glorious beacon of lightMonster5601 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flatlandor View Post
Two questions:

1) If they have not completed the manufacturing process to produce new hoses, then that means all the trucks being built up to now, including those coming off the line today, have the old hoses; so why is only a portion of the trucks having this issue?

2) I still don't understand why they can't just flush the OAT junk out of there and revert back to the 2012 coolant? Why new hoses?
I don't have this issue and it seems not every RAM has this issue either so I doubt it is the coolant.

My truck was build 17-March-2013 at Warren, MI if this helps anyone.
Old 12-05-2013, 11:34 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2013 Ram
Trim Level: Quad Cab 4x4
Color: Deep Cherry Red Crystal
Rep:45
Power Wagon is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monster5601 View Post
I don't have this issue and it seems not every RAM has this issue either so I doubt it is the coolant.

My truck was build 17-March-2013 at Warren, MI if this helps anyone.

I have also been wondering why all the trucks do not have this problem. Maybe there is a common denominator amongst the trucks exhibiting the smell (some guys have mentioned the shutters behind the grill ?).

BTW, mine was built 6-13-2013 ......

Last edited by Power Wagon; 12-05-2013 at 11:39 AM.
Old 12-05-2013, 01:38 PM

Vehicle: 2013 RAM 1500 Laramie
Color: Cherry Red
Rep:465
Monster5601 is a glorious beacon of lightMonster5601 is a glorious beacon of lightMonster5601 is a glorious beacon of lightMonster5601 is a glorious beacon of lightMonster5601 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Power Wagon View Post

I have also been wondering why all the trucks do not have this problem. Maybe there is a common denominator amongst the trucks exhibiting the smell (some guys have mentioned the shutters behind the grill ?).

BTW, mine was built 6-13-2013 ......
I've got the eight speed with active grill shutters too. I hope this isn't one of those creeper conditions where it suddenly rears up. Guess I'll find out soon as temperatures are dropping over the next few days.
Old 12-05-2013, 02:45 PM

Vehicle: 2013 Ram Laramie Crew cab Hemi
Color: White
paulswagelock is on a distinguished road

The owner of the my dealership called to give me an update.
Still no parts available. There is a meeting next week in Chicago of the dealer network and he plans to ask for resolution on this. He asked if I would volunteer my truck for a test fix. My smell is getting less pungent as time goes on. He wants to flush my system and replace with fresh coolant, hence checking if the reaction of the rubber and coolant eventually ends and the smell is residual.

This could end the smell, or bring it back in full force, not sure which. I agreed to be the guinea pig. I will get his 2014 in exchange while they have mine, and indefinately if the smell comes back full strength again.

Is anyone other than me getting any type of updates?
Old 12-05-2013, 11:05 PM

Vehicle: 2014 Ram Sport
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Bright White
Rep:12
thmupr is on a distinguished road

Subscribed ! ... My 2014 Sport smells like a dead mouse too...
Old 12-06-2013, 12:08 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 SLT
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Black
metis motors is on a distinguished road

I do not know why someone would call bullcrap on a issue so obvious. anyway my truck stinks to and its very offputting. man that thing stinks. Its hard to be proud of your truck when it stinks like that. and its a bad smell, it wouldn't be bad if it wasn't so bad. but its a very foreign smell not easily associated with anything in the real world. SO has anyone found a cure like did the hose change work?
Old 12-06-2013, 01:09 PM

Vehicle: 2011 dodge sport 1500 hemi
Trim Level: sport
Color: green
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:636
huntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulswagelock View Post
The owner of the my dealership called to give me an update.
Still no parts available. There is a meeting next week in Chicago of the dealer network and he plans to ask for resolution on this. He asked if I would volunteer my truck for a test fix. My smell is getting less pungent as time goes on. He wants to flush my system and replace with fresh coolant, hence checking if the reaction of the rubber and coolant eventually ends and the smell is residual.

This could end the smell, or bring it back in full force, not sure which. I agreed to be the guinea pig. I will get his 2014 in exchange while they have mine, and indefinately if the smell comes back full strength again.

Is anyone other than me getting any type of updates?
sounds like a really good dealer, where in pa?