DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > Dodge Ram General Discussion

Notices

Dodge Ram General Discussion General Chat about the Ram. Please look for other categories to post specific questions in.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 08-16-2013, 03:00 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram, Quad Cab
Trim Level: ST with combo packag
Color: white
Rep:136
Dancianne will become famous soon enoughDancianne will become famous soon enough
Default Error in my message below

I meant to say that the charge for Sirius renewal service was $25 for the whole first six months (not per month.) After the six months are up, the price reverts to their normal charge unless you can negotiate otherwise.
Please excuse my error below.
Sponsored links
Old 08-16-2013, 05:21 PM

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Silver
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:48
Mike226 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancianne View Post
Like many of you who chose not to renew, I keep getting offers in the mail for $25 a month for a 6 month period. But watch out,...by accepting, it can be like a marriage you can't get out of. I've researched the internet for complaints against Sirius and there are literally thousands of them.
Once Sirius has your credit card or bank account number, they've got you. For any of you who do renew for the first time, I recommend that you do so with a money order only, and even that can be risky.
Here is what many of the complaintants had to say: It's very difficult to cancel service and the charges just keep coming, doesn't matter that you no longer still own the vehicle with the original radio, you will be charged for it's service anyway. If Sirius does not receive payment for your 2nd renewal period, you may very well get a bad credit report sent to the 3 credit agencies. By this, I mean that should you use a money order, change banks or don't give them your new credit card expiration date in an attempt to stop the charges, your credit score could be damaged. This would seem to me to be much more than just poor customer service, it's a downright malicious business practice. Continuing to charge after requesting cancellation is, in my opinion, akin to theft.
For the record, I personally have not experienced any of the above troubles since I never renewed after my free year expired. The complaints I mentioned here were what I read on the internet. While I cannot verify their validity, it just seems only logical to me that there must be a great deal of truth to them, otherwise there would not be such an extreme number of complaints posted. As my only interest was oldies music listening, I am easily able to duplicate Sirius' service with both FM radio and mp3. In closing, if you like Sirius and have no complaints, then great for you both. If in doubt or undecided about renewing, then research the complaints for yourself and make a more informed decision.
They do automatic renewals if they have your credit card info. They do the "implied consent" that you want it renewed, because you haven't called to cancel. I have called to cancel prior to my renewal date, told them as of my subscription expiry, I do not want it renewed. They transfered me to the cancellation department, cancelled, and did not have any issues (this was after having Sirius for a few years, and not with a factory stereo. I had the separate receiver). I kept monitoring my credit card and had no issues with additional charges after I cancelled. I did however, about a year later, get a great subscription offer in the mail. Which is why I'm back to having Sirius. If you make it clear to them that you do not want the subscription, and that they do not have permissing to charge your credit card, you shouldn't have a problem.
Old 08-16-2013, 05:51 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Deep Water Blue Pearl
Engine: 2009-2012 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:31
Nimz is on a distinguished road

Sirius sent me a letter stating that my service would automatically renew (and I remembered agreeing to have my account setup for automatic renewal).

What I was floored by was the next year being a whopping $168/year as opposed to what the initial $97/year was. I simply said I have to cancel as there's no way I'm comfortable with a $70 increase for the same channels when I only listen to maybe 10 of them.

After politely insisting on canceling I got it renewed for $97 again. It's all about knowing the correct way to ask for what you want.
DiabloSport Trinity Custom 89 Octane Tune by Hemifever. Magnaflow Catback Exhaust #16869 & Y-Pipe #10778. K&N 63 Series CAI. Moe's Performance 87mm Ported TB.
Billstein 5100 front shocks @ 2.1".
Tinted windows. RhinoLiner. WeatherTech digital floor mats.
Allgig installed to RBZ & backup camera.
Debadged dealer emblems. Color-matched interior bezels, rain guards, tail lights & 3rd brake light, & front & rear emblems painted blue.
4"
Zone Lift w/ 3" Rear Coils & Nitro Shocks.
35/12.5/20 Nitto M/T on MotoMetal 951.
Color-matched Bushwhacker Pocket Style Fender Flares.
Old 08-17-2013, 07:55 AM

Dancianne will become famous soon enoughDancianne will become famous soon enough
Default Sirius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimz View Post
Sirius sent me a letter stating that my service would automatically renew (and I remembered agreeing to have my account setup for automatic renewal).

What I was floored by was the next year being a whopping $168/year as opposed to what the initial $97/year was. I simply said I have to cancel as there's no way I'm comfortable with a $70 increase for the same channels when I only listen to maybe 10 of them.

After politely insisting on canceling I got it renewed for $97 again. It's all about knowing the correct way to ask for what you want.
After I didn't respond to Sirius' mailings for renewal, I got a telephone call asking me why not. After explaining that I only listened to about 3 or 4 of the channels and was only in my truck for fewer than 5K miles per year, the rep offered me a half price quote to renew. While I still had no intention of renewing anyway, I couldn't stop myself from asking him why there were so many complaints posted on the net regarding poor customer service and difficulty with cancellation. His reply was that he'd never heard of such things and had no knowledge of any complaints. I just thanked him for the revised quote and said that if I changed my mind, I'd call back.
Old 08-17-2013, 09:03 PM

Vehicle: 2011 dodge sport 1500 hemi
Trim Level: sport
Color: green
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:636
huntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to all

did he even stutter when answered about the complaints ?
Old 08-18-2013, 07:12 AM

Default Sirius

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntergreen View Post
did he even stutter when answered about the complaints ?
No, these Sirius guys are pretty greasy and have heard it all before.
Afterwards, he did tell me that his half price quote was a one time opportunity for me to get back in and was contingent upon my giving him a credit card number on the spot. I still get mailings for the $25 dollar six month deal, and now generously offering to waive their customary "reactivation" charge.
Old 08-19-2013, 12:33 AM

Vehicle: 2011 dodge sport 1500 hemi
Trim Level: sport
Color: green
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:636
huntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to all

funny, i let my initial service end and never heard from them.
Old 08-19-2013, 01:06 AM

Vehicle: 2003 Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Patriot Blue
Rep:563
PappaJohnRam is a name known to allPappaJohnRam is a name known to allPappaJohnRam is a name known to allPappaJohnRam is a name known to allPappaJohnRam is a name known to allPappaJohnRam is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntergreen View Post
funny, i let my initial service end and never heard from them.
maybe they're trying to tell you something
Old 08-19-2013, 11:59 PM

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram Quad Cab
Trim Level: Tradesman
Color: Bright Silver
Rep:11
kmease is on a distinguished road

Calling to cancel anything is the worst support ever. Setting up though, shouldn't be a problem.
Old 08-26-2013, 12:42 AM

Vehicle: 2012 Ram
Trim Level: Sport Crewcab
Color: True Blue Pearl
Rep:248
LeftCoast has a spectacular aura aboutLeftCoast has a spectacular aura aboutLeftCoast has a spectacular aura about

When I phoned to cancel it was nice and easy.