DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2012 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2012 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2012 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 05-11-2013, 11:29 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member

Vehicle: 2012 Ram
Trim Level: Express
Color: Flame Red
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:517
shawnu is a glorious beacon of lightshawnu is a glorious beacon of lightshawnu is a glorious beacon of lightshawnu is a glorious beacon of lightshawnu is a glorious beacon of lightshawnu is a glorious beacon of light

Slightly off topic but im buying one soon and one question i have is does it reduce torque management enough to help off the line power?

Ive searched but i find different answers so does anyone know for sure?
12 RCSB Express- 5%Tint, Gatorhyde spray-in, Black OEM Tips, Plasti Dip badges and Interior, CBE muffler,AFE CAI, Kenwood DDX370, Ks3.5s, Pioneer 6x9s,BT 964SP lowered on oem chrome 17's and some LEDs... Plenty on the To-Do list

New audio build in progress
Sponsored links
Old 05-12-2013, 02:18 AM

Vehicle: 2012 Powerwagon
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Black/Red
Rep:29
Sledlvr is on a distinguished road

my 0-60 improved , but it still doesn't start pulling hard for the first 40 ft
37x12.50 17' Super Swampers , HID's, Bullydog tuner,Catch can,Volant Powercore CAI, 4" Dynomax exhaustfor a 6.7 diesel, Kenwood TM271 65w VHF radio,240mm Lightforce Blitz HID driving lights,Custom 8'x9' aluminum sled deck
Old 05-12-2013, 03:12 AM

Vehicle: 2012 ram 1500 R/T
Trim Level: R/t
Color: Wht
Rep:145
Buellrider will become famous soon enoughBuellrider will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWWHemiguy View Post
Thanks. But on the bullydog under view settings it says mds is enabled but the other changes I made are still good. I start over and hit disable mds every time and it keeps saying mds is enabled.
I was referring to the 2nd post....

2012 R/T
Old 05-12-2013, 03:30 PM

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500 Quad
Trim Level: Bighorn
Color: Silver
Rep:286
naturecannon is a jewel in the roughnaturecannon is a jewel in the roughnaturecannon is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buellrider View Post
The Eco light has nothing to do with MDS....
Didnt see anyone mention eco light
Old 05-12-2013, 03:39 PM

naturecannon is a jewel in the roughnaturecannon is a jewel in the roughnaturecannon is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sledlvr View Post
I have (3.1.4.2 B011) , it cured the foglight on hi, and the trans temp issue , it also shuts off the ESC and ABS when you disable traction control now
I am going to have to call them back, that lazy BD b-otch I spoke with told me I was up to date, I read off the 3.1.4.2 but didnt relieze there was another set of letter/numbers. She was lazy and got me off the phone quick, pisses me off now in hindsight.

I have 3.1.4.2 A00B and my ESC and ABS light up with traction control disabled.

Going to try and update myself again,

EDIT: Ya my MDS wont disable either, swore it did on one of my other tests but guess not, looks like I need to call CS for an update, Updater says I updated but my tuner stays on the same version.

Last edited by naturecannon; 05-12-2013 at 05:40 PM.
Old 05-13-2013, 12:37 AM

Trim Level: Express
Color: Flame Red
Rep:517
shawnu is a glorious beacon of lightshawnu is a glorious beacon of lightshawnu is a glorious beacon of lightshawnu is a glorious beacon of lightshawnu is a glorious beacon of lightshawnu is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sledlvr View Post
my 0-60 improved , but it still doesn't start pulling hard for the first 40 ft
Well shoot, i was hoping to get more off the line power. Thats what drives me crazy, a 30mph roll puts a smile on my face though. Lol.

I might still get one soon though, if it really helps with trans shifting, response and the mds(which i see is a problem right now) who knows.

Good luck!!
12 RCSB Express- 5%Tint, Gatorhyde spray-in, Black OEM Tips, Plasti Dip badges and Interior, CBE muffler,AFE CAI, Kenwood DDX370, Ks3.5s, Pioneer 6x9s,BT 964SP lowered on oem chrome 17's and some LEDs... Plenty on the To-Do list

New audio build in progress
Old 05-13-2013, 08:28 PM

Trim Level: Express Quad Cab
Color: White
Rep:37
DWWHemiguy is on a distinguished road

Just an update here. I called BD today and the customer service was great. The cs rep put the latest tune on it. I loaded it into the truck and everything seemed fine. It showed mds disabled and no traction control. When I test drove it I could feel the mds kicking on and off and it didn't shift any different than stock. Also it wouldn't spin the tires. The Diablo predator I use on my Charger does exactly what it is supposed to. I don't know what my next move is going to be. Maybe a trinity?
Old 05-13-2013, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWWHemiguy View Post
Just an update here. I called BD today and the customer service was great. The cs rep put the latest tune on it. I loaded it into the truck and everything seemed fine. It showed mds disabled and no traction control. When I test drove it I could feel the mds kicking on and off and it didn't shift any different than stock. Also it wouldn't spin the tires. The Diablo predator I use on my Charger does exactly what it is supposed to. I don't know what my next move is going to be. Maybe a trinity?
From what I heard traction control is not totally disabled, just toned down in the tunes.

BD tunes most definitely shifts different than stock. You saying "didn't shift any different than stock" makes me think your tune didnt take or something cause you will know for sure. Not trying to insult but did you load the new software on your BD before you reloaded the tune. They throw the updated software on but you have to apply it/install to the BD device.

What rear end do you have? I can get my tires to spin but hasn't been too hard with boring stock tires, light rear end and 3.92. I am not leaving smoke trails but then again smoke trails were not a goal when getting my tuner. I wanted some more umph in the lower end gears instead of the stock mushy pedal feel.

I updated my BD via CS as well today, BD CS was like talking to a teenage kid with no personality nor people skills. It was like he hated his job and was forced to be there while his friends were out playing.....but I did get my update with no issues so all is well. My BD now shows 3.92 instead of 0:01 in setting like it did before the update. Traction control disabled no longer lights up my brake and abs light and MDs shows disabled but I have not tested yet. One thing I noticed with new update is I dont see the tire size and rear end option anymore when loading a new tune but settings show all is correct.

Wish I had a diablo to compare before my 30 day satisfaction is up with BD. I know people say BD is best canned tune but I have only seen 1 person who actually had both to compare. I believe the word spreading about "BD being the best canned tune" is really just that, a sentence being repeatedly spread like a rumor from on to another with little comparison actually done between the 2 tuners. Not dogging BD, but not saying best canned neither cause there is VERY little evidence of BD being the best.

If anyone is reading this and wanting a tuner and you have extra cash to float I say buy both, compare and return the one least favored (not sure of diablos satisfaction guarantee so look into that before you drop $1,000 on 2 tuners). I didnt want to spend $600 on the trinity and didnt like the dated, cheap cheesy screen on diablos cheaper model which I saw on youtube
Old 05-13-2013, 10:21 PM

Trim Level: Express Quad Cab
Color: White
Rep:37
DWWHemiguy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by naturecannon View Post
From what I heard traction control is not totally disabled, just toned down in the tunes.

BD tunes most definitely shifts different than stock. You saying "didn't shift any different than stock" makes me think your tune didnt take or something cause you will know for sure. Not trying to insult but did you load the new software on your BD before you reloaded the tune. They throw the updated software on but you have to apply it/install to the BD device.

What rear end do you have? I can get my tires to spin but hasn't been too hard with boring stock tires, light rear end and 3.92. I am not leaving smoke trails but then again smoke trails were not a goal when getting my tuner. I wanted some more umph in the lower end gears instead of the stock mushy pedal feel.

I updated my BD via CS as well today, BD CS was like talking to a teenage kid with no personality nor people skills. It was like he hated his job and was forced to be there while his friends were out playing.....but I did get my update with no issues so all is well. My BD now shows 3.92 instead of 0:01 in setting like it did before the update. Traction control disabled no longer lights up my brake and abs light and MDs shows disabled but I have not tested yet. One thing I noticed with new update is I dont see the tire size and rear end option anymore when loading a new tune but settings show all is correct.

Wish I had a diablo to compare before my 30 day satisfaction is up with BD. I know people say BD is best canned tune but I have only seen 1 person who actually had both to compare. I believe the word spreading about "BD being the best canned tune" is really just that, a sentence being repeatedly spread like a rumor from on to another with little comparison actually done between the 2 tuners. Not dogging BD, but not saying best canned neither cause there is VERY little evidence of BD being the best.

If anyone is reading this and wanting a tuner and you have extra cash to float I say buy both, compare and return the one least favored (not sure of diablos satisfaction guarantee so look into that before you drop $1,000 on 2 tuners). I didnt want to spend $600 on the trinity and didnt like the dated, cheap cheesy screen on diablos cheaper model which I saw on youtube
I did load it into the bd first. Before mine was showing 0:01 but now it shows 3.55:1 and says mds disabled. I know a 3.55 isn't gonna feel like a 3.92 but my Charger has a 2.62 or something like that with 345 hp and it will seriously smoke the tires. But the main things I was looking for were firmer shifts, no mds and more low end tq. I'm just a little disappointed cause 390 hp and 407 lb ft should give a little more seat of the pants thrill.
Old 05-14-2013, 09:05 AM

Vehicle: .
Rep:4371
Asur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond repute

I would say more like 300hp at the wheels, but I will say the following, it took a few days for my truck to wake up, it was like it had to relearn my driving style, are you on the 91+ tune and are you running 91+ octane fuel? Clean fillup?