DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Chassis - Drive Line - Suspension - Wheels and Tires - LOWERING or STANDARD

Notices

Custom Chassis - Drive Line - Suspension - Wheels and Tires - LOWERING or STANDARD Discuss anything related to Custom Dodge Ram Wheels, Tires, Brakes, Suspension Mods, Chassis Mods and Tuning, Towing options, Driveline, Differentials, Sway Bars, Lowering Springs, Strut Braces, etc.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 05-12-2013, 11:05 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2012 Ram
Trim Level: Express
Color: Flame Red
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:517
shawnu is a glorious beacon of lightshawnu is a glorious beacon of lightshawnu is a glorious beacon of lightshawnu is a glorious beacon of lightshawnu is a glorious beacon of lightshawnu is a glorious beacon of light

Oh and dodgert, theres an rt running around by where i live just like your truck.

I was like, is that the guy from the z?? Lol. But no, you live a couple miles away.
12 RCSB Express- 5%Tint, Gatorhyde spray-in, Black OEM Tips, Plasti Dip badges and Interior, CBE muffler,AFE CAI, Kenwood DDX370, Ks3.5s, Pioneer 6x9s,BT 964SP lowered on oem chrome 17's and some LEDs... Plenty on the To-Do list

New audio build in progress
Sponsored links
Old 05-13-2013, 07:42 PM

Vehicle: sold* 10' R/T... 13' R/T
Trim Level: R/T
Color: black
Rep:142
autobred will become famous soon enoughautobred will become famous soon enough

its always good to have a ratchet style tie down around just in case you have to relieve tension or realign bolt holes, to be able remove/replace bolts easily
Old 05-13-2013, 10:36 PM

shawnu is a glorious beacon of lightshawnu is a glorious beacon of lightshawnu is a glorious beacon of lightshawnu is a glorious beacon of lightshawnu is a glorious beacon of lightshawnu is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by autobred View Post
its always good to have a ratchet style tie down around just in case you have to relieve tension or realign bolt holes, to be able remove/replace bolts easily
I wish i woulda read that earlier. I have a few, Would have been VERY helpful and saved me a busted knuckle. I used my foot on the frame and pushed like hell. Haha.

Anyway, i got the bracket installed with some grade 8 bolt and after a quick spin it seems to have solved my problem, as for the axle being centered, i cant tell too well since its dark but it looks like it fixed that too.

Heres a pic of it installed

Ill check tomorrow when i can see to determine if ill be buying the Spohn or not.

So far
12 RCSB Express- 5%Tint, Gatorhyde spray-in, Black OEM Tips, Plasti Dip badges and Interior, CBE muffler,AFE CAI, Kenwood DDX370, Ks3.5s, Pioneer 6x9s,BT 964SP lowered on oem chrome 17's and some LEDs... Plenty on the To-Do list

Old 05-13-2013, 11:20 PM

Vehicle: 2011 dodge ram rt
Trim Level: rt
Color: brilliant black pearl
Rep:1061
dodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnu View Post
Very good question. Lol.

Either mine didnt come with hardware or it got lost, ive had it a couple months and just got around to installing it.

Went to lowes and got all i needed in grade 8 and wouldnt ya know, i got the wrong size for the bar.
I thought it was a 5/8. But turns out it was a 9/16. It fit perfect in the bracket, but a tiiiny bit big for the bushing. So im headed back out there tomorrow.

So far it seems to have lined back up right. I put a socket ext in to hold it and shook it around and the wheels look to be more centered. I snapped a few pics of it installed and tomorrow ill post a couple of it completed. Easy install so far minus my lil set back.

Good thing i got my ol silverado to get me by!

Lol it should all be metric not standard and as far as the panhard bar you use the stock bolts that hold your stock ones in
Old 05-13-2013, 11:21 PM

dodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud of

Go hit the highway mine started wagging at about 70 and i mean bad put in the bar and boom no more wag
Old 05-13-2013, 11:22 PM

Quote:
Oh and dodgert, theres an rt running around by where i live just like your truck.

I was like, is that the guy from the z?? Lol. But no, you live a couple miles away.
where you live at
Old 05-13-2013, 11:48 PM

9/16 fit like a glove.

I hit the hwy up to 75 for a couple mins and smooth as could be. Then i went down some backroads i could feel the sway before and its gone. So im a happy camper unless the sun reveals a uncentered axle. Lol.

I live in Fort Gison, near Muskogee Oklahoma.

Old 05-14-2013, 12:19 AM

oh ya that was not me i dont joy ride that far lol
Old 05-14-2013, 08:17 PM

Haha. I figured it wasnt. But the daylight revealed.................

A CENTERED AXLE!!!

Im happy i dont have to order that $150 bar!! More money for performance mods!!

Old 05-14-2013, 09:32 PM

Vehicle: 2012 Hemi express quad
Trim Level: ST express
Color: Grey
Rep:195
RAM EM has a spectacular aura aboutRAM EM has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Haha. I figured it wasnt. But the daylight revealed.................

A CENTERED AXLE!!!

Im happy i dont have to order that $150 bar!! More money for performance mods!!
Good deal! I installed mine a week ago and it centered mine perfectly too. I never had any high speed wobbles, but its nice to know I never will either. The Spohn is nice, but unless you do some seriously hardcore driving or want the undercarriage bling it's not a necessity.
BTW, in your pic it looks like you still have the OE bumpstops in. How much space do you have between the bumpstop and the axle?

-DS Trinity- Hemifever tuned - 18" Magnaflow - BT catch can - 180 Tstat - 22" SRT10's - 305/45 Nitto 420 - SG 2/4 drop - blacked out heads/tinted tails - dechromed/debadged - 20% tint-

Last edited by RAM EM; 05-14-2013 at 09:36 PM.