DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram Exterior Modifications - Body Mods - Body Kits

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram Exterior Modifications - Body Mods - Body Kits All custom mods on the outside of your Dodge Ram. Custom Dodge Ram Body Kits, Custom Paint, Grilles, Camper Tops, Bed Liners, etc.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 05-13-2013, 09:06 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Laramie Longhorn
Color: Deep Cherry Pearl/Gold Two-Tone
Rep:37
AzDusty is on a distinguished road
Default Tons of questions so little time (ok 6-7 months)

Ok as I said in my newbie introduction, I been bouncing between the Ram 1500 and the Tundra (both will be a 2014). I really liked what I saw on the Ram the other day as opposed to what I see in the "ALL NEW" Toyota Tundra (as long as you don't look under the hood or under the body or in the interior).

So here are some of my wants.

1. Tonneau cover (what I don't know is do I want a fold up or a flip up.

2. Spray in bedliner

Ok so here is my questions or deliberation points. As far as the Tonneau cover goes I more than likely will not use the bed much other than to load the camping gear or groceries. I dont envision me hauling 15 ft palm trees (although it could happen) so why a fold-up over a flip up?

Do I factory install this or try to find a better (less than 100 bucks I assume) deal somewhere else? I don't necessarily want to be the installer either although I hear these things get easier each year to install correctly the first time.

I assume that the flip up is more secure but from what I have been seeing the fold-up are pretty dang secure too (just wouldnt recommend dancing on one)

Spray in bedliner, basically there are two brands if I am correct Line-X and Rhino, from what I have been reading the Line-X (no offense to anyone) seems to be getting better reviews. So do I go with Line-X and spend identical cost or go with the factory? I suppose the biggest benefit on the factory is that it is there when you pick up the truck but does it also become part of the truck warranty because it was installed by Ram? (Same question with the Tonneau cover)?

Ok one post of I would say probably 50 or so more questions....

Thanks in advance (in case I forget)

RAM 1500 4x4 Laramie Longhorn
Sponsored links
Old 05-15-2013, 07:10 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2012 ram 2500
Trim Level: Bighorn
Color: flame red
Rep:471
Kcbigbadram is a glorious beacon of lightKcbigbadram is a glorious beacon of lightKcbigbadram is a glorious beacon of lightKcbigbadram is a glorious beacon of lightKcbigbadram is a glorious beacon of light

You can't go wrong with either line-x or rhino I don't think. But since you said you don plan on using the bed that much, I personally would save the money and go with rhino. Around me rhino is about 100-150 cheaper than line-x and I've never had a problem with either one. But they both carry lifetime warranties, so if it does mess up they'll fix it

6" BDS lift kit, BMF R.E.P.R, 37" toyo MT, recon cab lights, color matched interior trim, tinted tails, custom headlights, cjc off-road light bar, backrack, afe stage 2 CAI
sponsored by BULLY'S PERFORMANCE