DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > Dodge Ram General Discussion

Notices

Dodge Ram General Discussion General Chat about the Ram. Please look for other categories to post specific questions in.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 09-27-2013, 02:14 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2014 4x4 Regular Cab w/8ft bed
Trim Level: Tradesman 4x4
Color: White
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Rep:974
Gantman is a splendid one to beholdGantman is a splendid one to beholdGantman is a splendid one to beholdGantman is a splendid one to beholdGantman is a splendid one to beholdGantman is a splendid one to beholdGantman is a splendid one to beholdGantman is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by battlerattle View Post
This really isnt the dealers fault. That would be like saying walmart is responsible for your cracked frame on the Huffy bike you bought. The dealer, though affiliated with chrysler is not the manufacturer. In many cases the dealer did not even know about this. A GOOD dealer should fight for you, but this one is on chrysler.
I agree with you battlerattle, that it is not the dealers fault in that the wrong gears were installed in so many misprinted build sheets from the assembly plant. But, the dealer, being a direct representative in wearing, displaying, and certifying their techs in Chrysler products, would most certainly be reimbursed for performing gear replacements to physically make this one right.

Last edited by Gantman; 09-27-2013 at 04:58 PM.
Sponsored links
Old 09-27-2013, 02:54 PM

Rep:146
RadioFlyer will become famous soon enoughRadioFlyer will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by battlerattle View Post
This really isnt the dealers fault. That would be like saying walmart is responsible for your cracked frame on the Huffy bike you bought. The dealer, though affiliated with chrysler is not the manufacturer. In many cases the dealer did not even know about this. A GOOD dealer should fight for you, but this one is on chrysler.
I didn't say it was the dealers fault or responsibility. I said I would think that they would try to resolve it for their customer. I have complete faith in my dealer that they would honor this mistake for me even though it is Chryslers responsibility. My dealer was willing to give me a rear swaybar that never came with my truck even though it wasn't on the build sheet. After doing some research I declined it because I don't like the design. Though our coils are better than leafs for traction I think there's enough junk down there now without having to add something I think is a useless design. Not to mention I don't think they would have any problems collecting their fees from Chrysler for doing it.
Old 09-27-2013, 05:13 PM

Vehicle: 2013 Ram1500 4x4 8HP70 3.21LSD
Trim Level: Lone Star Quad Cab
Color: Bright White
Rep:481
Thunderhorse is a glorious beacon of lightThunderhorse is a glorious beacon of lightThunderhorse is a glorious beacon of lightThunderhorse is a glorious beacon of lightThunderhorse is a glorious beacon of light

??? You can see the swaybar when you stand behind the truck. Am I missing something?
Old 09-27-2013, 05:34 PM

Vehicle: 2014 4x4 Regular Cab w/8ft bed
Trim Level: Tradesman 4x4
Rep:974
Gantman is a splendid one to beholdGantman is a splendid one to beholdGantman is a splendid one to beholdGantman is a splendid one to beholdGantman is a splendid one to beholdGantman is a splendid one to beholdGantman is a splendid one to beholdGantman is a splendid one to behold

You never know Thunderhorse, anything new that sits at a dealer lot is subject to the ole saying, "Rob Peter to pay Paul". As RadioFlyer stated, his build sheet or window sticker indicated a rear sway bar installed but probably didn't catch it until getting her home. The excitement of purchasing a new truck can catch anyone off guard. I've driven off in new vehicles without my installed optional rubber floor mats before and only to point it out to my salesman the next day of reading my build sheet. For offroad articulation and traction purposes, no sway bars or disconnected are much better. For high speed on road purposes and taking high speed turns, which I don't recommend in any truck, for safety reasons, is reason for having a sway bar. If you ever considered a rear sway bar RadioFlyer, that Hellwig bar looks much heavier duty than OE.

Last edited by Gantman; 09-27-2013 at 05:41 PM.
Old 09-27-2013, 05:42 PM

Vehicle: 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8
Rep:3883
Grubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond repute

Is the CALS still active, Judd?

Grub out!
Old 09-27-2013, 10:54 PM

Rep:146
RadioFlyer will become famous soon enoughRadioFlyer will become famous soon enough

Thanks for the tip Gantman, I will look into when the time comes. My truck was manufactured on 2/11/09 and I drove it off on 3/5/09 a week after I first saw it. I was very impatient because it was the only RCSB on the lot and would be for another month or two after I got it. And when the replacement RCSB came it had no 3.92 nor LSD and it was the same color as mine so I was happy I got it. I didn't know about the swaybar because I was in awe over my purchase. As I said I was offered one and turned it down so no big deal to me. The swaybar looks good from the rear but I don't like those long rods that attach it to the body. My truck handles fine in the rear but a little too firm so I'd like to soften it up a bit and drop it when I do get to it. And then I'll try and figure something out of my own design or just get the Hellwig you mentioned. So as of now I have no swaybar on the rear of my truck.
Old 11-17-2013, 05:11 PM

Vehicle: 2013 Ram Sport
Trim Level: Sport
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:192
Judd McPherson has a spectacular aura aboutJudd McPherson has a spectacular aura about

Ram is replacing my incorrect 2013 with a new 2014. I decided to order an eco-diesel. Beats the heck out of an extended warranty....
Old 11-17-2013, 07:50 PM
"Just living the dream"

Vehicle: 2013 Dodge Ram Longhorn
Trim Level: Longhorn Rambox
Color: Prairie Pearl / White Gold Trim
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:1634
Chunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant future

I know of two people that received the wrong gear rations....Dealership has taken care of that issue and resolved without any problem.......I hope things work out and they replace the gears of the vehicle......Good luck......

Enjoy RamForumZ? Support your forum and become a SITE SUPPORTER today!

Please be sure you understand the Ram ForumZ RULES

"MOST OF ALL HAVE FUN AND ENJOY THE SITE"