DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 5.7 HEMI V8
Register Advertising Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 5.7 HEMI V8 Discuss modifying your Dodge Ram with Performance Parts and Accessories!
Factory Spec: 5.7-liter HEMI® V8 engine - 390 horsepower, 407 lb-ft of torque.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 12-12-2013, 05:14 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member

Vehicle: 2014 Ram 1500
Color: Black on black on black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
icallshotgun88 is on a distinguished road
Default performannce mods w/ dyno PROOF...?!?!

hey ya'll...

we all know these companies that make aftermarket performance mods make some outrageous claims on how much horsepower, torque or MPG they will add to your vehicle...

I want to start this thread to get some ACTUAL PROOF of performance gains (or losses)

And this can only really be done by dyno tests...

so please share with us if you have dyno tested your Ram before AND after performance mods...if so, which mods did you add, what increases (or losses) did you see, how much they cost, etc.

THANKS!
Sponsored links
Old 12-12-2013, 05:16 PM

I have recently added a 14" Magnaflow and I am looking into intakes, tuners and maybe some more serious mods down the road...
thanks
Old 12-12-2013, 10:56 PM

Vehicle: 2012 ram 1500 4x4 express rcsb
Color: true blue pearl
Rep:101
browndawg will become famous soon enoughbrowndawg will become famous soon enough

this should be moved to the humor section. butt dyno or word of mouth is about the best your gonna get around here, or maybe im wrong
Old 12-13-2013, 01:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by browndawg View Post
this should be moved to the humor section. butt dyno or word of mouth is about the best your gonna get around here, or maybe im wrong
well screw me runnin'...

i didnt think it would be that hard to find some guys who have had some time on the dyno machine before and after simple mods like intake, exhaust, tuner, etc...

but you're right, I guess it is...

i know some guys that have had their cars dyno'd...but its mustangs, camaros, etc. never Rams...what a shame

=/
Old 12-13-2013, 02:11 AM

Vehicle: 2008 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SXT 4x4
Color: Silver/ Black
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:2818
Canadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Hemi Pride has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by browndawg View Post
Your about 90% correct bout the butt dyno and such. There is members that do have dyno's, but they are the ones with superchargers and plenty of mods that have dyno numbers, just they are a pain to find. Never really seen people getting a dyno done off the tuner/intake/ exhaust. I don't even know where I could get a dyno done in my city.
Tow mirrors up for the haters
Old 12-13-2013, 10:17 AM

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black
Rep:92
Talon66 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by icallshotgun88 View Post
well screw me runnin'...

i didnt think it would be that hard to find some guys who have had some time on the dyno machine before and after simple mods like intake, exhaust, tuner, etc...

but you're right, I guess it is...

i know some guys that have had their cars dyno'd...but its mustangs, camaros, etc. never Rams...what a shame

=/
You should call around, and find out the cost of doing Dyno pulls.
Then you will understand why it's not economical to do a dyno pull after each mod.
Mods: DIY FX-R Projectors w/4300k & 50w, Custom Dual Relay Harnesses, Tinted, Debadged, blacked out emblems, Stainless Works LT Headers, AVS Low Pro Visors, Magnaflow #12569, Kicker Soundgate, Diablo DCX - HF Tuned
Old 12-13-2013, 10:49 AM

Vehicle: 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8
Rep:3883
Grubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talon66 View Post
You should call around, and find out the cost of doing Dyno pulls.
Then you will understand why it's not economical to do a dyno pull after each mod.
.... and the inconvenience.

Well said.

It makes little sense - financially and time wise - to do a dyno run after every mod.

If you're not tracking it and looking for improved times, then the mere seat of your pants [warm] feeling should be suffice.

Grub out!
Old 12-13-2013, 10:50 AM

Vehicle: .
Rep:4373
Asur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grubrunner View Post
.... and the inconvenience.

Well said.

It makes little sense - financially and time wise - to do a dyno run after every mod.

If you're not tracking it and looking for improved times, then the mere seat of your pants [warm] feeling should be suffice.
Agree with this 100%
Old 12-15-2013, 03:54 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Express
Rep:22
guru1ofatl is on a distinguished road

A dyno report is of limited value since there are so many variables with the equipment plus the ambient conditions. Track times are what I prefer to look at but without the DA they are meaningless as well.
Old 12-15-2013, 04:34 PM

Vehicle: 2013 Ram Hemi R/T
Trim Level: R/T
Rep:36
CCCP1999 is on a distinguished road

I had plans to go to my tuner Greg at Antivenom when i got my 2013 R/T as he has tuned and modded my C6 Vette and 2010 5.3 Colorado. I was shocked when he told me he can do nothing since HP tuners has nothing for my truck.