This is my second Bakflip. I had one one my F-250 and loved it.
I have had this one since the day I bought my truck, I literally left the dealership and drove over to 4WP and picked it up.
- I have to take into consideration I had done 1 of these before but with the help of my 8 year old (I have turned my daughter into a gearhead) we had it on and finished in about 30 minutes.
Fit & Finish
- I have to say this one fits better than the one I had on my Ford. That truck had a longer bed though. I am not a huge fan of the "cut to length, plastic tube drain lines", but as you never see them, they do seem to work just fine. This one seems to fit against the tailgate better that my other one. It is almost water tight LOL. What I mean by that is on the bedrails there are stake pockets. The front ones are covered and you would have to cut out the bedrail cover to use. The rear ones are open. We had a rain storm and there was some water by the tailgate and what happened is the rain got blown in the stakebed hole and got in the bed. I sealed the inner hole to the bed and even in a car wash have had no issues. Also with the back of the cab being curved when folded up the cover only touches the cab in the middle not all the way across. No issues yet but will be watching to make sure it fits flush and tight against cab on a long trip.
- Works just as advertised. "There when you need it, gone when you don't. I also like the trifold effect. Does it help with MPG, I don't know that is not why I got it.
- Lowe's helped with this test. I bought a new BBQ grill and I tried to load it with my wife but Lowe's insisted on helping. The 2 teenagers got it in the back and then slammed it home and dented the crap out of it. I am sure it wasn't on purpose and it did test it. I will say it did not crack or puncture and since it is on the inside and last panel no one will ever see it. I would just be aware on the outside if you set things on top of it or use it for a lot of work.
- Great product at a great price. Very versitile and user friendly. I can remove it if need be and there are just a ton of uses. This is not the top of the line model but I am MORE than happy. I would highly
Dents (2 sets)