DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 5.7 HEMI V8

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 5.7 HEMI V8 Discuss modifying your Dodge Ram with Performance Parts and Accessories!
Factory Spec: 5.7-liter HEMI® V8 engine - 390 horsepower, 407 lb-ft of torque.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 05-19-2013, 12:36 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500 Quad
Trim Level: Bighorn
Color: Silver
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:286
naturecannon is a jewel in the roughnaturecannon is a jewel in the roughnaturecannon is a jewel in the rough
Default Lost opiton to switch tire size with Bully Dog.

Purchased BD from DAP. Firmware was out dated when purchased (understandable). MDS would not disable, Brake light would come on when I disable traction control and my rear end ratio (3.92) wasn't showing correct in settings. BUT... I did have the option to change tire size and axle ratio (which ratio did nothing but show 00:0 in settings) when installing both performance and regular tune.

Called BD and had the recent FW installed after waiting on hold for 40 minutes. Issues fixed, but noticed tire size adjustment and axle ratio no longer appeared when changing options like shift point etc.. in tunes . No biggie for about a week...UNTIL NOW....I purchased new tires. Toyo open country II A/T and bumped up an inch in size. Now my speedo is off a few MPH.

To those with current BD firmware.....Do you not have the ability to change tire size??
My Software version 3.1.4.2 A011. Was A008 when purchased.

I know BD has no support forum, anybody know a good active forum with a wealth of BD info and discussion? I am pretty tech savvy and a gadget guru but the BD is really lacking in the info department. Surprised a high priced item like this is lacking so much in the documentation and info area. You have to look at the old gas hemi PDF manual (which I ran across by chance) to even get a clue of what a few functions do. Its hard for me to catch them on the CMT banker hours . Cant believe they have no forum nor a place to answer questions beside the CS line with long wait times.

Sorry so long... I am poor with words, yet have too many to get my thought out!!
Old 05-19-2013, 03:50 AM
Lifted Cummins Fanatic

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram 3500 CCSB 4x4
Trim Level: Laramie Limited
Color: Mineral Grey Metallic
Engine: 2011-20?? 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 350hp 800lb/ft
Rep:1990
brandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant future

For some reason it seems as if Bully Dog can not get all the functions on their tuner to work correctly at the same time. I recently called their tech support to update my tuner because changing the tire size in it wasn't correcting my speedo. They emailed me the new version which I believe was 3.1.4.2 A002 for my truck. Now the tire size works correctly but I the tranny temp gauge does not.... Guess I might have to call them again to fix it.

I'd say your best bet is to call their tech support and see what they say. For your specific application they might have a slightly different version that will work for you.

2012 Ram 3500 Laramie Limited Cummins Build Thread
8" BDS Long Arm Lift with Fox 2.0 Shocks | Dual Fox 2.0 Steering Stabilizer | 37x13.5 Toyo MT's | AMP Powersteps & Bedstep | Bakflip G2 | Mag-Hytec Rear Diff Cover | 5000K Morimoto HID's (lows and fogs)
H&S MiniMaxx Custom Tuned | 4" Flo Pro Stainless TBE | Sinister EGR Delete | ARP 425 Head Studs | 4.56 AAM/Yukon Gears | S&B Intake | Instagram: @brandonjansen
Guide to Leveling & Wheel and Tire Sizing for 06+ 4wd Ram 1500's
Old 05-19-2013, 01:51 PM

Vehicle: 2011 Ram Crew Cab 1500 Sport
Trim Level: Sport Max
Color: Red
Rep:108
AlmostSleezy will become famous soon enoughAlmostSleezy will become famous soon enough

I had all the options but I clicked to disable "MDS", but when all installed and scroll through the menu of everything on it under "MDS" it says "enabled"... Even uninstalled and installed again just to make sure i clicked disabled but no dice. I get the ECO light on but I dont think MDS actually comes on... but seeing the light it messes with my mind ha.

Sometimes I hear a weird rattle / buzzing sound coming from around the tuner area by my window. That normal? lol.

All ordered from Bully's Performance.
Best 0-60mph in 5.61 seconds.
Old 05-19-2013, 01:54 PM

naturecannon is a jewel in the roughnaturecannon is a jewel in the roughnaturecannon is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlmostSleezy View Post

Sometimes I hear a weird rattle / buzzing sound coming from around the tuner area by my window. That normal? lol.
When installing tunes? Ya I hear it too and think its normal

As far as your MDS issues, I would call and have BD update you
Old 05-19-2013, 02:08 PM

AlmostSleezy will become famous soon enoughAlmostSleezy will become famous soon enough

No, when Im driving it makes that noise. Ive only heard it twice, was only for a few seconds. Wasn't as loud and crazy as when you're installed etc.
Then again I rarely have the music quiet so maybe it happens alot.. lol

Old 05-19-2013, 02:11 PM

Vehicle: 2013 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Express
Color: Mineral Gray Metallic
Rep:10
satan47 is on a distinguished road

I was planning on purchasing the BD instead of the Trinity due to the lower price and i wasnt going to custom tune but if there is this much truoble with them i think i'm gonna spend the xtra cash just to avoid all these issues. Sorry y'all are having problems but thanks for the headsup!
Line-Xbedliner,10% tint all around,Aries 5in black oval W2W steps, WeatherTech mats,6x9Kickers 4doors, 20x9 XDMonsters,295/65/20 TrailGrapplers, DeeZeetailgate assist, 4" CST spindle lift, rear 1.5" spacers with 5100's,Moes 87TB,SB CAI,18" Maganflow/Y pipe,BT Catchcan, Colormatch handles,T1000
Old 05-19-2013, 02:17 PM

I still highly suggest BullyDog though! Im just too lazy to try and update the software etc. It helped the truck alot performance wise. And I give the company 10/10 for customer service! I bought te tuner from DAP and I lost the SD card the first day. I called BullyDog to see what I could do and they gave me a complete new one with the new software for free... Even after telling them I didnt buy the programmer from THEM. big props.

Old 05-19-2013, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by satan47 View Post
I was planning on purchasing the BD instead of the Trinity due to the lower price and i wasnt going to custom tune but if there is this much truoble with them i think i'm gonna spend the xtra cash just to avoid all these issues. Sorry y'all are having problems but thanks for the headsup!
I would call it minor glitches here and there for a select few and mostly remedied after calling CS, once you get through to them that is. 15 person wait time last time I called but beat the 21 person wait time before that.

All though I do voice a few minor issue and complaints here... mostly with CS (others have had great luck with CS) I have to say BD really brought the truck to life for just a few dollars over $400. Money well spent
Old 05-19-2013, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlmostSleezy View Post
I still highly suggest BullyDog though! Im just too lazy to try and update the software etc. It helped the truck alot performance wise. And I give the company 10/10 for customer service! I bought te tuner from DAP and I lost the SD card the first day. I called BullyDog to see what I could do and they gave me a complete new one with the new software for free... Even after telling them I didnt buy the programmer from THEM. big props.
Ya i thought I lost my SD card too. Wife noticed it in an envelope taped to the package which just looked like packaging advertisement to me. I bet a bunch of people tossed the SD card in the garbage.
Old 05-19-2013, 04:42 PM

OH and the 2013 was just released yesterday so I am sure the phone wait times will be longer now