DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2013 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2013 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2013 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 05-21-2013, 08:06 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2013 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Mineral Grey
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
Dsabs is on a distinguished road
Default So i locked my keys in my truck....

So i was throwing some stuff in the back seat of my truck. I must of dropped my keys on the floor and well somehow managed to lock my keys in the truck. I must of tried only the back door.... I called one of my friends to come pick me up so i could go get my spare set of keys and of course when he got there he put is hand on the driver door and it unlocked. HAHA

Forgot i had proximity entry.... did i ever feel stupid.
Sponsored links
Old 05-21-2013, 08:20 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 2X4
Trim Level: quad cab SLT
Color: sunburst orange pearl
Rep:2615
GTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond repute

Don't feel bad, a friend called me one day
wanted me to bring my Slim Jims along
Her keys were in the ignition of her older car
She was trying to work a coat hanger to get the car unlocked
I looked at the keys, then looked all inside the vehicle & i noticed that the passenger window was down

Talk about being embarrassed
Ram 1500 SLT Quad cab, 5.7 HEMI(R) MDS VCT, 5 speed auto 545RFE, 3.55 differential gears, 18" Magnaflow muffler, EGR bug deflector, Bushwacker fender flares, customized Nfab nerf bars, CB radio, Autonet wi-fi router, custom soft tonneau cover, Line_X bedliner, DEBO Step, build date 10/15/08 a Wednesday built vehicle
Old 05-21-2013, 08:30 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8
Rep:3883
Grubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond repute

Glad it worked out for you.

Many years ago I locked my keys in my 05' GTO. I went thru hell-n-back trying to get in. I swore I wouldn't go thru that ever again. I've had HitchSafe HS7000T Key Vault on every vehicle since with spare keys and other tidbits.

Highly recommended.

http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Blad...01bdd.jpg.html

Grub out!
Old 05-21-2013, 08:45 PM

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 Crew 4x4
Color: Black
Rep:1266
Stump3r has much to be proud ofStump3r has much to be proud ofStump3r has much to be proud ofStump3r has much to be proud ofStump3r has much to be proud ofStump3r has much to be proud ofStump3r has much to be proud ofStump3r has much to be proud ofStump3r has much to be proud of

I love the proximity entry! My wife always hits the lock button when she is getting out of the Ram and I almost always have the fob sitting in the console. Thank fully touch the door handle and problem solved I used to always have a key hidden in a box on the trailer hitch for keeping myself locked out. A 4 hour wait one very snowy day taught me that lesson!

Big Red my old 2011 Sport

Enjoy big benefits with a subscription to RamforumZ, become a site supporter today!

Don't forget to upload pics of your Ram in the Gallery!

Great how to's and lets not forget the Rulez.

Old 05-21-2013, 09:01 PM
Team Bully

Vehicle: 2008 Dodge Ram 1500 QC TRX4
Trim Level: SXT
Color: Flame Red
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:1722
ShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant future

I wasn't so lucky it was Christmas day we were going out to dinner at a family members house had the vehicle running and we were leaving my parents house and one of the kids hits lock!?!?!?!? The Van is running and it we were able to get in but what a nightmare lol
Old 05-21-2013, 09:40 PM
Join the Dark Ram Side!

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 Quad Cab 4x4
Color: Black
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Rep:1534
DarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grubrunner View Post

Many years ago I locked my keys in my 05' GTO. I went thru hell-n-back trying to get in. I swore I wouldn't go thru that ever again. I've had HitchSafe HS7000T Key Vault on every vehicle since with spare keys and other tidbits.

Highly recommended.

OMG That is brilliant! That just went on my Need To Get list.
Magnaflow 14" Custom Install Bilstein 5100s Front Only Set at 2.8" Vararam Air Grabber Cravenspeed Stubby Antenna Dee Zee Tailgate Assist Billet Technology "The Punisher" Shift Knob Debadged doors and tailgate Plasti Dipped HEMI Badge The Punisher Grille and Tailgate Badges Exterior Chrome Delete 20" XD Series 795 Hoss LT305/55R20 Nitto Trail Grappler M/T Cabin Air Filter BAKFlip Roll-X Tonneau Cover
Old 05-21-2013, 09:51 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2013 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 QCab
Trim Level: SLT - 8spd 3.55 20"
Color: Mineral Gray Metallic Clear
Engine: 2013-20?? 220ci (3.6L) Pentastar 305hp 269lb/ft
Rep:368
arietem is just really nicearietem is just really nicearietem is just really nicearietem is just really nice

Quote:

Highly recommended.

Hi, just checked it out .. sweet .. is it water/snow proof ? need to check it out .. thanks for the tip ..
Old 05-21-2013, 09:54 PM

Vehicle: 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8
Rep:3883
Grubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond repute

My Ram's the 5th vehicle I've had it on and I've never seen a spec of water inside it.

That cap you see on the picture I posted, is a VERY tight snap-fit.

It's one of those mods that you won't use every day, but when you need it, it doesn't fail you.

Grub out!
Old 05-21-2013, 10:05 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2013 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 QCab
Trim Level: SLT - 8spd 3.55 20"
Color: Mineral Gray Metallic Clear
Engine: 2013-20?? 220ci (3.6L) Pentastar 305hp 269lb/ft
Rep:368
arietem is just really nicearietem is just really nicearietem is just really nicearietem is just really nice

Quote:
My Ram's the 5th vehicle I've had it on and I've never seen a spec of water inside it.

That cap you see on the picture I posted, is a VERY tight snap-fit.

It's one of those mods that you won't use every day, but when you need it, it doesn't fail you.
Got you .. I like the idea, I currently use up a bit space in my wallet with a plastic key .. it is about the thickness of a credit card. Had it done at the time from CAA/AAA - have had it for a while.

Found this on the web .. may try it out.

http://www.instructables.com/id/DIY-...m-soda-bottle/

On a side note, caught some lights behind the front grill .. novel idea ...
Old 05-22-2013, 03:16 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: RAM 1500 BIG HORN QC 4X4
Trim Level: big horn
Color: black gold
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
randver is on a distinguished road

my wife called me one day from the front seat of her car to tell me she had locked her keys in the trunk. when she got mad at me and told me to stop laughing at her. i told her to pull the lever on the floor to pop the trunk open.