DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2013 Dodge Ram Forum


Notices

2013 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2013 Dodge Ram!


Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #11  
Old 05-22-2013, 10:45 PM
BigHornCAP BigHornCAP is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 213
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 CrewCab 8R70
Trim Level: BigHorn
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep Power: 0
Rep:18
BigHornCAP is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallnick View Post
Which one doesn't have it?
Outdoorsman and below have non-Auto (selector 2WD, 4WD LOCK and $WD LOW)

BigHorn and Up Have auto (selector 2WD, AUTO 4WD, 4WD LOCK and 4WD LOW)

would have bought an outdoorsman, but auto 4WD is a must for me.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
  #12  
Old 05-23-2013, 03:40 PM
slacker83 slacker83 is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: IL
Age: 30
Posts: 9
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2013 Outdoorsman
Trim Level: Outdoorsman
Color: White
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep Power: 0
Rep:10
slacker83 is on a distinguished road
Default

Well I went with the outdoorsman because I liked the painted grill and bumpers. Also standard it came with the high end towing package, folding power mirrors, the heavy floor mats (no biggie really) and a few other nice odd and ends. The biggest thing for me is I really wasn't a fan of the 20's that came on my 07 ram and when I saw these came with 17's with all terrains on them I was sold. One thing though is that tire and wheel combo looks so small in the wheel well of the truck.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 05-23-2013, 05:39 PM
DrCrash DrCrash is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Macomb
Age: 40
Posts: 185
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2013 1500 4x4 CC/6'4
Trim Level: Outdoorsman
Color: Copperhead
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep Power: 0
Rep:25
DrCrash is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHornCAP View Post
Outdoorsman and below have non-Auto (selector 2WD, 4WD LOCK and $WD LOW)

BigHorn and Up Have auto (selector 2WD, AUTO 4WD, 4WD LOCK and 4WD LOW)

would have bought an outdoorsman, but auto 4WD is a must for me.
That's not 100% true. I have an Outdoorsman and it has AUTO 4WD.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (85.2 KB, 27 views)
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 05-23-2013, 07:22 PM
Irv's Avatar
Irv Irv is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Southern Ontario, Canada
Posts: 363
Gender: Male
Vehicle: White 2013 QC 4x4 BigHorn
Trim Level: BigHorn
Color: White
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep Power: 0
Rep:14
Irv is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrCrash View Post
That's not 100% true. I have an Outdoorsman and it has AUTO 4WD.
Didn't think that was true as I could have sworn the one I took for a test drive had that.

I chose a Bighorn however as I didn't require the 3.92 gear ratio, especially since the truck had only the 6spd tranny.

I did like the looks of the Outdoorsman however as it seemed to pop out to me, which I think was more the fender flares?

Needless to say, when my Bighorn comes in and I accept it?? I will be putting those on mine.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 05-23-2013, 07:45 PM
BigHornCAP BigHornCAP is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 213
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 CrewCab 8R70
Trim Level: BigHorn
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep Power: 0
Rep:18
BigHornCAP is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrCrash View Post
That's not 100% true. I have an Outdoorsman and it has AUTO 4WD.
Holy F*

wow, everything that i was shown showed me it didn't.

hmm, going to have to do some more research and smack my rep, cause they had the same info.

wait....
that has a silver shift knob, only available on sport and higher, are you messing with us?
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 05-23-2013, 07:58 PM
DrCrash DrCrash is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Macomb
Age: 40
Posts: 185
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2013 1500 4x4 CC/6'4
Trim Level: Outdoorsman
Color: Copperhead
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep Power: 0
Rep:25
DrCrash is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHornCAP View Post
Holy F*

wow, everything that i was shown showed me it didn't.

hmm, going to have to do some more research and smack my rep, cause they had the same info.

wait....
that has a silver shift knob, only available on sport and higher, are you messing with us?
LOL!! Definitely not messing with you. I have an Outdoorsman Hemi/8Spd/CC/6'4. Here's a link to a thread where I posted a side view of the truck. Single exhaust out the side and Outdoorsman badge on the left side of the tailgate.
Maybe, just maybe, I lucked out and they gave me a Sport or LL I/P rather than the Outdoorsman I/P. Given the number of issues we've seen where the plant has installed the wrong rear end, interior, etc, it wouldn't surprise me if I got an inadvertent upgrade. I wonder if I should call Chrysler and complain about this.........

Were you ordering a 6spd or 8spd? The reason I ask is I too thought the Outdoorsman didn't have the 4WD Auto but it was a 6spd truck I was looking at. Maybe that is standard in the 8Spd vehicles.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 05-23-2013, 08:06 PM
BigHornCAP BigHornCAP is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 213
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 CrewCab 8R70
Trim Level: BigHorn
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep Power: 0
Rep:18
BigHornCAP is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrCrash View Post
LOL!! Definitely not messing with you. I have an Outdoorsman Hemi/8Spd/CC/6'4. Here's a link to a thread where I posted a side view of the truck. Single exhaust out the side and Outdoorsman badge on the left side of the tailgate.
Maybe, just maybe, I lucked out and they gave me a Sport or LL I/P rather than the Outdoorsman I/P. Given the number of issues we've seen where the plant has installed the wrong rear end, interior, etc, it wouldn't surprise me if I got an inadvertent upgrade. I wonder if I should call Chrysler and complain about this.........

Were you ordering a 6spd or 8spd? The reason I ask is I too thought the Outdoorsman didn't have the 4WD Auto but it was a 6spd truck I was looking at. Maybe that is standard in the 8Spd vehicles.
Very true anything is possible. I would complain!

it could be that the 8sp changed it up, looked on both the Canadian and US ram sites, neither say anything, the bighorn specifically says electronic shift on the fly automatic transfer case, so i don't know.

oh well my bighorn will be nice too!
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 05-23-2013, 08:40 PM
benefactr benefactr is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Wentzville, MO
Age: 41
Posts: 155
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram Quad
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Deep Water blue
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep Power: 0
Rep:50
benefactr will become famous soon enough
Default

Auto 4WD is very nice especially during rain storms. I push it at the light and my truck and never slipped or spinned in auto 4wd on wet roads.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 05-23-2013, 09:03 PM
Hardrocker06's Avatar
Hardrocker06 Hardrocker06 is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Upper MidWest
Age: 32
Posts: 98
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2013 RAM 1500 CC 6'4"
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Bright White Two-tone
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep Power: 0
Rep:12
Hardrocker06 is on a distinguished road
Default

I think it is mostly on preference. When I got my '11, I wanted 3.92's, 17" wheels, tow hooks, remote start, etc... and the Outdoorsman had all that standard. I wasn't originally a two tone fan but now I have ordered my '13 Laramie in two tone.

So look at the options you want and which truck appears better to YOU. If you want most of the options that come standard on the Outdoorsman, that's your best bang for your buck.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 05-23-2013, 09:15 PM
Outdoorsman2012 Outdoorsman2012 is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: New York
Age: 24
Posts: 186
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2012 Ram Outdoorsman
Trim Level: Oudoorsman
Color: White
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep Power: 0
Rep:39
Outdoorsman2012 is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by slacker83 View Post
Well I went with the outdoorsman because I liked the painted grill and bumpers. Also standard it came with the high end towing package, folding power mirrors, the heavy floor mats (no biggie really) and a few other nice odd and ends. The biggest thing for me is I really wasn't a fan of the 20's that came on my 07 ram and when I saw these came with 17's with all terrains on them I was sold. One thing though is that tire and wheel combo looks so small in the wheel well of the truck.
This is very true and why I also got outdoorsman tow package and 3.92 axle standard. Also if you use 4wd and plan onputting decent tires on the truck later on just price out a set of 20 and you'll see why I would never purchase a truck with them. Also skid plates and the stock tires are e range and heavy duty shocks. If you plan on towing its all set up to go when you buy it no additions needed. The appearance was also second to me but I do prefer the looks. Payload will be lower on outdoorsman BC of all the skid plates where it will be about 2-300 lbs higher on bighorn
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


Advertisement






All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:20 PM.


= Copyright RamForumZ.com a Gigathreads.com Network Site =Ad Management by RedTyger
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vB.Sponsors


=Gigathreads Network=
CLUBS MOPAR NATION DSM GPMM MAMM JAM
DIESEL Diesel Forum      
CHEVY Chevy Camaro Forum Chevy Volt Forum    
CHRYSLER Chrysler 300C Forum      
DODGE Dodge Avenger Forum Dodge Caliber Forum Dodge Challenger Forum Dodge Charger Forum
  Dodge Circuit Forum Dodge Hornet Forum Dodge Magnum Forum Dodge Nitro Forum
  Dodge Ram Forum Dodge Dakota Forum Dodge Durango Forum Dodge Dart Forum
FORD Ford Raptor Forum Ford F150 Forum Ford F100 Forum  
JEEP Jeep Forum      
PONTIAC Pontiac G8 Forum      
SRT SRT Viper Forum SRT Cuda Forum