DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram Exterior Modifications - Body Mods - Body Kits

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram Exterior Modifications - Body Mods - Body Kits All custom mods on the outside of your Dodge Ram. Custom Dodge Ram Body Kits, Custom Paint, Grilles, Camper Tops, Bed Liners, etc.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 05-23-2013, 06:03 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2013 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Mineral Gray
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:61
UpToNoGood will become famous soon enough
Default New improved way to debadge

Just for the record I didn’t invent this but read it from others posting how they did it in different threads. Now I wanted to pass on this easy and simple way to debadge without blisters on the fingers.

Step 1 is removing the badge. Most will say use fishing line and that did work for the first door. However I found it easy to use a paint stick to remove the badge. Disclaimer I did this late in the afternoon when the badges were nice and hot. Take the paint stick and grind it on the driveway making the end sharp like a putty knife. It doesn’t take long at all to get a nice edge on the paint stick. Work the paint stick between the badge to be removed. Sometimes I had to hit it from both sides.
Using either fishing line or the paint stick resulted in sticky foam being left behind on the truck so use whatever option makes you happy.

Step 2 is removing the foam and sticky glue. This is probably the part most hate. This is where the paint stick comes in to save time and sore fingers. With the sharp edge of the paint stick scrap off the foam. It comes off so easy and it doesn’t hurt the paint what so ever. Once you have all the badges and foam removed the only thing that will be remaining will be the sticky glue. Now spray the remaining glue with glue be gone or goo be gone. Continue to scrape the glue with the paint stick. All the glue will slide in to a nice neat pile as long as it is wet from the Goo be gone.

You will have to work the final shadow of the badge off with some elbow grease, but I found it to be much easier using the paint stick.

Feel free to add to this if you know a better way.
Old 05-23-2013, 08:47 AM
Old Dodge Guy

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black
Rep:53
AcadianRam will become famous soon enough

Thanks for the info, I'm looking at taking mine off just as soon as it warms up where I live
Old 05-23-2013, 09:01 AM

Vehicle: 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8
Rep:3872
Grubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond repute

What is a paint stick?

Grub out!
Old 05-23-2013, 09:04 AM

Vehicle: 2011 dodge ram rt
Trim Level: rt
Color: brilliant black pearl
Rep:1061
dodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud of

Its a wooden stick you use to stir paint i believe.And i just ran a hair dryer over my letter for 10 mins then used fishing line it took off 90% of the black junk then used goo be gone and a rag and no blisters here.
Old 05-23-2013, 09:09 AM

Vehicle: 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8
Rep:3872
Grubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond repute

Oh I know what that is, I just wasn't sure he was speaking of scrapping a wooden stick on his clear coat???

Grub out!
Old 05-23-2013, 09:16 AM

Vehicle: 2012 ram 1500
Trim Level: big horn
Color: black
Rep:14
blacknchromehemi is on a distinguished road

most hardware stores sell plastic razor blades just spray any citrus based cleaner on the glue let it sit for a minute or two then scrap of afterwards clean area with soapy water (with dawn) to remove the citrus cleaner
Old 05-25-2013, 06:34 PM

Vehicle: 2007 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: SLT Bighorn
Color: White
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:56
Raminator5280 will become famous soon enough

My truck was debadged and then badged again. Whoever rebadged it used some kind of adhesive. Not sure what kind but it is extremely tough to get off. I want to get them off but afraid of pulling paint or not being able to get the leftover adhesive off. Any ideas?
Old 05-25-2013, 07:00 PM

Vehicle: 2013 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Mineral Gray
Rep:61
UpToNoGood will become famous soon enough

consider taking it to a body shop and see what they can do for you if you don't want to attempt it
Old 05-25-2013, 07:13 PM

Vehicle: 2007 Ram 5.9 diesel
Trim Level: QUAD CAB SLT 4X4
Color: white
Engine: 2005-20?? 359ci (5.9L) Cummins ISB 610 24-Valve Diesel I6 325hp 610 lb/ft
Rep:80
dwanton will become famous soon enough

I've always used a bodyfiller spreader -- a soft plastic , very thin and plyable -- just slide it under the nameplate and work your way along .

then I use an eraser wheel on a drill to remove the double faced tape .

wipe it clean with a rag and polish -- never know there was anything there.
Old 05-26-2013, 09:27 AM

Vehicle: 2004 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Satin Orange
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:597
TheSatinPumpkin is a name known to allTheSatinPumpkin is a name known to allTheSatinPumpkin is a name known to allTheSatinPumpkin is a name known to allTheSatinPumpkin is a name known to allTheSatinPumpkin is a name known to all

I just used a hairdryer and weed whacker trimmer line to remove the emblem.
eraser wheel for the remnant adhesive.