DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2013 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2013 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2013 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 05-22-2013, 08:06 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2013 1500 Big Horn Crew 4x4
Trim Level: Hemi 5.7L w/8 Speed
Color: Copperhead Pearlcoat
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:54
The Crow 1994 will become famous soon enough
Default My Copperhead Pearl Ram

Part 1:

Just got home from the dealership after picking up my 2013 Ram 1500. Got a call this morning from my salesperson telling me my truck was delivered late yesterday and was available for pick up this morning. Needless to say, I was pumped. I originally ordered the truck on 3/15, but probably caused my own delay in the process when I changed from the bench seating to the bucket seats about a week after placing the order. So, even with the order change, I received my truck in about 10 weeks. Seems to be a pretty normal time frame for those who have ordered around the same time. I'm guessing ordering the Copperhead Pearlcoat color didn't speed my order up any either.

Unfortunately, I haven't taken any good pics yet. It's been raining off and on all day. It wasn't raining at the dealership, but it was grey and overcast. So, it made inspecting the paint for flaws THAT much more difficult to do. I've read some threads on the forum with people having different paint flaws and was trying my best to go over the truck with a fine toothed comb concerning paint quality. So far, I haven't noticed anything that has stuck out to me. I'm hoping the next few days will bring some sunshine so I can check out the paint better and so I can get my truck washed. Then, I'll be able to take some worthwhile photos.

I did have a couple of issues when I inspected the truck. When I opened up the passenger side rear door, I noticed the door seal wasn't seated all the way down. Two of the plastic pins weren't pushed all the down into the holes. But, that was an easy fix. I simply pushed the pins through the holes and the door seal went back into place. The second issue involved a wire hanging down right above where your knees sit when in the driver's seat. It was basically dangling down below the plastic area, a little to the right of the steering wheel. The wires were bundled together and had grey foam around the connector. I first thought, "Oh great, what the heck is that?". I kept thinking that something didn't get connected correctly at the factory. But, as it turns out, it was wires for the trailer control harness. I didn't order the trailer control, so there must be a certain amount of wiring that is installed even if you don't order a specific option.

Here are my truck specs:
2013 Ram 1500 Big Horn Crew Cab 4x4 w/5'7" Box
Copperhead Pearlcoat Exterior
Canyon Brown/Light Beige Interior
5.7L HEMI w/8 Speed Transmission (Buy)
Premium Cloth Bucket Seats
Luxury Group
Comfort Group
Remote Start & Security Group
3.55 Rear Axle
Anti-Spin Rear Differential
Chrome Tubular Side Steps
32 Gallon Fuel Tank
Uconnect 8.4A
Alpine Stereo
Rear Park Assist
Rear Back Up Camera

I'll take some photos and post some pics and add more parts to my review/experience over the next few days. I'm absolutely exhausted right now.

Thank you guys for all the info I've learned on this forum! It helped me immensely, prior to ordering my truck, all the way to taking possession today.
Sponsored links
Old 05-22-2013, 08:18 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2013 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 QCab
Trim Level: SLT - 8spd 3.55 20"
Color: Mineral Gray Metallic Clear
Engine: 2013-20?? 220ci (3.6L) Pentastar 305hp 269lb/ft
Rep:368
arietem is just really nicearietem is just really nicearietem is just really nicearietem is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Crow 1994 View Post
Part 1:

Just got home from the dealership after picking up my 2013 Ram 1500. Got a call this morning from my salesperson telling me my truck was delivered late yesterday and was available for pick up this morning. Needless to say, I was pumped. I originally ordered the truck on 3/15, but probably caused my own delay in the process when I changed from the bench seating to the bucket seats about a week after placing the order. So, even with the order change, I received my truck in about 10 weeks. Seems to be a pretty normal time frame for those who have ordered around the same time. I'm guessing ordering the Copperhead Pearlcoat color didn't speed my order up any either.

Unfortunately, I haven't taken any good pics yet. It's been raining off and on all day. It wasn't raining at the dealership, but it was grey and overcast. So, it made inspecting the paint for flaws THAT much more difficult to do. I've read some threads on the forum with people having different paint flaws and was trying my best to go over the truck with a fine toothed comb concerning paint quality. So far, I haven't noticed anything that has stuck out to me. I'm hoping the next few days will bring some sunshine so I can check out the paint better and so I can get my truck washed. Then, I'll be able to take some worthwhile photos.

I did have a couple of issues when I inspected the truck. When I opened up the passenger side rear door, I noticed the door seal wasn't seated all the way down. Two of the plastic pins weren't pushed all the down into the holes. But, that was an easy fix. I simply pushed the pins through the holes and the door seal went back into place. The second issue involved a wire hanging down right above where your knees sit when in the driver's seat. It was basically dangling down below the plastic area, a little to the right of the steering wheel. The wires were bundled together and had grey foam around the connector. I first thought, "Oh great, what the heck is that?". I kept thinking that something didn't get connected correctly at the factory. But, as it turns out, it was wires for the trailer control harness. I didn't order the trailer control, so there must be a certain amount of wiring that is installed even if you don't order a specific option.

Here are my truck specs:
2013 Ram 1500 Big Horn Crew Cab 4x4 w/5'7" Box
Copperhead Pearlcoat Exterior
Canyon Brown/Light Beige Interior
5.7L HEMI w/8 Speed Transmission (Buy)
Premium Cloth Bucket Seats
Luxury Group
Comfort Group
Remote Start & Security Group
3.55 Rear Axle
Anti-Spin Rear Differential
Chrome Tubular Side Steps
32 Gallon Fuel Tank
Uconnect 8.4A
Alpine Stereo
Rear Park Assist
Rear Back Up Camera

I'll take some photos and post some pics and add more parts to my review/experience over the next few days. I'm absolutely exhausted right now.

Thank you guys for all the info I've learned on this forum! It helped me immensely, prior to ordering my truck, all the way to taking possession today.
Congrats .. I look forward to seeing your photos .. have fun with the truck !
Old 05-22-2013, 08:29 PM

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 2WD Crew Cab
Trim Level: SLT w/Big Horn EQ GP
Color: True Blue Pearl
Engine: 2013-20?? 220ci (3.6L) Pentastar 305hp 269lb/ft
Rep:119
plumcrazy73 will become famous soon enoughplumcrazy73 will become famous soon enough

sorry it had to be done !
Old 05-22-2013, 08:35 PM

Vehicle: 2013 power wagon 2500 loaded
Trim Level: crew cab loaded
Color: black
Engine: 2010-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 383hp 400lb/ft (2500/3500)
Rep:80
dwanton will become famous soon enough

congradulations !!!
Old 05-22-2013, 08:56 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2013 1500 4x4 CC/6'4
Trim Level: Outdoorsman
Color: Copperhead
Rep:25
DrCrash is on a distinguished road

Congrats on the new ride. I love your color combination and I can't wait to see pics.
Old 05-22-2013, 09:09 PM
Misses the Champ.

Vehicle: 2012 1500 reg. cab 4x4
Trim Level: Express
Color: Mineral Gray Metallic
Engine: 2009-2012 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:3248
PaulMys has a reputation beyond reputePaulMys has a reputation beyond reputePaulMys has a reputation beyond reputePaulMys has a reputation beyond reputePaulMys has a reputation beyond reputePaulMys has a reputation beyond reputePaulMys has a reputation beyond reputePaulMys has a reputation beyond reputePaulMys has a reputation beyond reputePaulMys has a reputation beyond reputePaulMys has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by plumcrazy73 View Post
Aw, come on! He had a valid excuse! LOL. Congrats on the new RAM! Also, after reading all of the posts about 2013 rear axle ratios, slide under there to make sure you have the 3.55 and not a 3.21.
Old 05-22-2013, 09:38 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2013 Ram Sport Order Cancelled
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Mineral Gray
Rep:10
Ram2013 is on a distinguished road

I hope you really enjoy the truck. I am always worn out also whenever I buy a new vehicle. It is unbelievable how much paper work there is combined with just the stress of the whole experience.
Old 05-22-2013, 10:11 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Laramie Longhorn
Color: Copperhead Pearl/White Gold
Rep:67
Powerwagon 46 will become famous soon enough

Congrats on getting your new truck. Can't wait to see your pictures... one reason being that I ordered my truck in the same color!
Old 05-22-2013, 11:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulMys View Post
Aw, come on! He had a valid excuse! LOL. Congrats on the new RAM! Also, after reading all of the posts about 2013 rear axle ratios, slide under there to make sure you have the 3.55 and not a 3.21.
Just slid under the truck with a flashlight and checked. I can't believe I forgot to check at the dealership. Good news is I got the 3.55's that I ordered. I was sweating it a little bit after all the recent posts I've read on here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram2013 View Post
I hope you really enjoy the truck. I am always worn out also whenever I buy a new vehicle. It is unbelievable how much paper work there is combined with just the stress of the whole experience.
I agree. It's a crazy amount of paperwork. It also didn't help that I worked a 24 hour shift at the fire station the day before and we were up for quite a bit of the night. It was pure adrenaline when I got the phone call this morning to come pick up the truck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerwagon 46 View Post
Congrats on getting your new truck. Can't wait to see your pictures... one reason being that I ordered my truck in the same color!
I promise I'll have some pics on here by Friday night. I should have my Line-X bed liner and my BakFlip VP installed by then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by plumcrazy73 View Post
I couldn't agree more!
Old 05-23-2013, 12:48 AM

I did snap a photo of my truck with my smart phone earlier in the day. Not a great pic, but it's at least something to look at.