DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2013 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2013 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2013 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 05-30-2013, 07:49 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2013 Ram Sport 1500 True Blue
Rep:91
nikeman will become famous soon enough
Default First mod on truck not even built yet

I have always wanted a tonneau cover for my '11 truck but told myself I would get one eventually and then talked myself out of it for 2 years. Well, this time I said to hell with it and started looking at covers the day I ordered my truck. I have been looking for basically 6 weeks now and pretty much just got tired of looking at them!

I ended up buying the Tonnopro LoRoll cover because its low profile, has a good warranty, and was less than $300. I actually got it for $223 shipped from auto anything today. It has good reviews and a couple of them were from people with 2013 rams also so I figured I couldn't go wrong. Hopefully its as good as it seems when it comes in and ill try to get the dealer to put it on for free when/if my truck ever gets here.

Should I install myself being that I've never do e it before? I want it to be on right and honestly I do r know how to tell if I do it right. I'm sure its simple by the videos I watched.
Sponsored links
Old 05-30-2013, 08:59 PM

Vehicle: 2013 1500 Big Horn Crew 4x4
Trim Level: Hemi 5.7L w/8 Speed
Color: Copperhead Pearlcoat
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:54
The Crow 1994 will become famous soon enough

I'm betting you can put the tonneau cover on yourself. I put my BakFlip VP on my truck by myself just a couple of days ago. It's the first tonneau cover I've ever had (and first truck). The videos online helped a ton.
Old 05-30-2013, 09:14 PM

Anyone here have experience with that cover?
Old 05-31-2013, 10:55 AM

Vehicle: 2013 RAM 1500
Trim Level: Laramie Longhorn
Color: White
Rep:33
rb10475 is on a distinguished road

I don't have the same brand but try to do it yourself. I did mine and I never installed one before either. It is much easier if you have two sets of hands! Go to YouTube and watch a video for your exact cover. You'll be surprised how easy it is.
Old 05-31-2013, 12:41 PM

I have watched about 1.3 trillion videos about installing covers including the one I bought. Lol. Looks easy enough but people on the videos have installed the same one 1000 times so of course it looks easy. Lol

I'm going to try it though. I'm more of a electrical guy as far as mods go. I have bed lights on my current truck that I plan to put on the new truck when it comes in.

I'm trying hard to get some weathertech mats for Father's Day and I know I can handle those. I linked my wife to them on my wife's Facebook page. It's just a matter of being paranoid about messing something up on a brand new vehicle.
Old 06-01-2013, 11:32 AM

Vehicle: 2013 RAM 1500
Trim Level: Laramie Longhorn
Color: White
Rep:33
rb10475 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikeman View Post
I have watched about 1.3 trillion videos about installing covers including the one I bought. Lol. Looks easy enough but people on the videos have installed the same one 1000 times so of course it looks easy. Lol

I'm going to try it though. I'm more of a electrical guy as far as mods go. I have bed lights on my current truck that I plan to put on the new truck when it comes in.

I'm trying hard to get some weathertech mats for Father's Day and I know I can handle those. I linked my wife to them on my wife's Facebook page. It's just a matter of being paranoid about messing something up on a brand new vehicle.
If it is like most it just takes turning a rachet. Electrical scares the crap out of most of us and you are more worried about a bed cover and would rather tinker with the fuse box. That is funny.
Old 06-01-2013, 01:55 PM

The cover says all I need is a 17mm socket to install it. Shouldn't be hard but I want it lined up perfect so it won't bug me when I see it off centered or something.
Old 06-01-2013, 04:53 PM

Now I want to order some mud guards!!! Once I buy the floor mats I would have spent over $400 on a truck that I have not even seen yet nor has it even been built! Its getting a little crazy now I think. Not to mention that when I get the truck I would like to take it right to linex but thats gonna be about $600 so it might have to wait a while...
Old 06-01-2013, 06:59 PM

Vehicle: 2013 1500 Big Horn Crew 4x4
Trim Level: Hemi 5.7L w/8 Speed
Color: Copperhead Pearlcoat
Rep:54
The Crow 1994 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikeman View Post
Now I want to order some mud guards!!! Once I buy the floor mats I would have spent over $400 on a truck that I have not even seen yet nor has it even been built! Its getting a little crazy now I think. Not to mention that when I get the truck I would like to take it right to linex but thats gonna be about $600 so it might have to wait a while...
Sounds familiar to me. Before my truck arrived, I had a BakFlip VP tonneau cover, Weathertech Digital Fit floor liners (front seat only), a Curt trailer hitch lock and a trailer hitch cover ordered and delivered. I also worked a couple extra side jobs to have enough cash on hand to pay for my Linex spray liner installed two days after taking delivery of the truck. It was actually kind of nice not having to spend the money all at once to get those items. I had about 10 weeks from the time I ordered my truck until it was delivered to stockpile some initial mods.
Old 06-01-2013, 07:15 PM

It is nice to not buy it all at one time. It should be a fun day when my truck arrives. Hopefully I will be able to install the tonneau, floor liners, and mud flaps at one time.