DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Notices

Off Topic Discussion Anything goes in here! Well, almost!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 09-21-2013, 05:29 PM
Has Internet Tourettes

Vehicle: 1995 Ram 1500
Engine: 1994-2001 318ci (5.2L) Magnum V8 220hp
Rep:1693
Warlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Warlock III Send a message via Yahoo to Warlock III

Slow and steady wins the race?!

When's the last time you took a shower? This thread's like 6 months old...

Hey Mike, Sean needs some help!
Old 09-21-2013, 05:36 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: White
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:1385
snrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud of

lol I know haha. Longest shower remodel ever . In my defense I have no time

Breathing in and out is good enough for me.
Old 09-25-2013, 02:18 PM
Has Internet Tourettes

Vehicle: 1995 Ram 1500
Engine: 1994-2001 318ci (5.2L) Magnum V8 220hp
Rep:1693
Warlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Warlock III Send a message via Yahoo to Warlock III

This is America. We drink beer, carry guns, say merry christmas, and speak English. And take as long as we damn well please to remodel our showers...at least they're indoors. If you don't like it get the hell out.
Old 09-25-2013, 02:29 PM

snrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud of

lol

Hoping to have all tile laid by end of the weekend. Then grout and seal by end of the following weekend. Gotta get it done, hockey season is here soon, and once that starts I won't get squat accomplished...

Old 10-04-2013, 10:42 AM

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 QC 4x4
Trim Level: Bighorn Edition
Color: Red
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:126
wolfman01 will become famous soon enoughwolfman01 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonocativo View Post
Why people use plastic for pressure lines is beyond me???
Use a standard brass/copper fitting to brass pipe, if you want to keep plasic then just connect with a shark bite down the line a bit.

Yeah, I know I'm responding to an old post - so there.

Where I lived in TX, the water would corrode the metal. I had the plumbing problems to prove it. Plastic pipes don't corrode, which means no ripping out drywall years later to get to internal leaks.

I'll take no repairs down the road and easy virtually tool-free assembly over messing with flux, solder, and fire to assemble pipes any day of the week. Copper was a nice advancement away from iron and lead pipes. Pex and PVC are simply the advancements beyond copper.
1995 Tiffin Allegro Bay (46k)
1989 Oldsmobile Cutlass Cierra (97k)
Old 10-04-2013, 01:06 PM

My only complaint with copper is that you can't solder if there's a drop of water in it. Other than that soldering isn't a big deal 9 times out of 10. Copper also provides an electrical ground(they used to ground through the pipes). Copper is also "structural" being metal. Can't do that with pvc or pex. They all have advantages and disadvantages though.

Old 10-06-2013, 08:20 PM

Almost:

Old 10-16-2013, 07:28 PM

Vehicle: 2007 1500 Mega Cab 4X4 3.73
Color: Inferno Red
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:174
namretsud has a spectacular aura aboutnamretsud has a spectacular aura about

A way to solder copper pipes with drops of water inside is to stuff a piece of bread in the pipe. It stops the water drips and will dissolve when the water is pressured up and ran.
Old 10-18-2013, 12:45 PM

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 Hemi 8-speed
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:883
RedSmart is a splendid one to beholdRedSmart is a splendid one to beholdRedSmart is a splendid one to beholdRedSmart is a splendid one to beholdRedSmart is a splendid one to beholdRedSmart is a splendid one to beholdRedSmart is a splendid one to behold

I had to do some plumbing last year on my tankless water heater, but realized that the shutoff valve to my main water line doesn't actually shut all the way off.

I can get it to a slow trickle, but that's the best. I was going to call in the city to shut off the water, but I needed a shower long before the water people from the city would show up so I decided to do the work with the slow trickle.

I know way off topic, but hang in there I'm getting to the best part.

I had to cut out a section of my pipe and replace it with a new one, but as you all know solder and water just don't work so great together.

I did think about the piece of bread, but with the amount of water that I had coming out, I would have had to use a loaf!

So anyway I went over to Ho Depot and picked up some of these quick connectors called Shark Bite http://www.sharkbite.com

I have to say that these things are great, and are still drip free.

You just simply push it onto the pipe and then attach the other side (water dripping and all), and like magic the job is done!
Old 10-18-2013, 01:51 PM

Shark bites work ok but I just would never recommend putting them in an inaccessible location. Yeah bread can work too depending on how much water is dripping.

I have to shut off the main line at the house and the city's line at the street to get the water to stop dripping (shhh, don't tell them....I don't think I'm supposed to touch their box...).