DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2013 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2013 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2013 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 06-02-2013, 03:36 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 2X4
Trim Level: quad cab SLT
Color: sunburst orange pearl
Rep:2583
GTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond repute

Personally, when i bought my '09, the Finance guy said that i would have a 10 year, xxxx mile extended warranty
I said why do i need an Extended Warranty when i already had a LIFETIME DRIVETRAIN WARRANTY from the Factory ?
Well i told him to shove it & he still wrote up an 7 year Extended Warranty, i was pissed but walked out

When the 3 Year or 36,000 mile Factory Warranty was close to up
I turned the Extended Warranty in & i bought the Lifetime Maximum Care Warranty
they Pro Rated the Original Extended Warranty & applied it to the New Max Care Warranty, i paid $1,100 for the new warranty & it already paid for itself
Just one broken exhaust manifold was close to $800 USD & i have had a few other repairs
The $100 deductible is PER VISIT, not per Malfunctioning part

By the way, i paid off my Ram in 10 months, screw taking 5 years to pay it off
Ram 1500 SLT Quad cab, 5.7 HEMI(R) MDS VCT, 5 speed auto 545RFE, 3.55 differential gears, 18" Magnaflow muffler, EGR bug deflector, Bushwacker fender flares, customized Nfab nerf bars, CB radio, Autonet wi-fi router, custom soft tonneau cover, Line_X bedliner, DEBO Step, build date 10/15/08 a Wednesday built vehicle
Sponsored links
Old 06-02-2013, 11:38 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2012 Power Wagon
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:61
steveschaedel will become famous soon enough

There is paperwork you have to sign for the extended warranty - if there is no signature on the acceptance paperwork then they are stealing from you and you should be able to resolve that pretty quickly.
Old 06-02-2013, 02:09 PM

Vehicle: 2013 Dodge Ram Laramie 4x4
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Deep Cherry Red Crystal Pearl
Rep:342
Pull Ya is a jewel in the roughPull Ya is a jewel in the roughPull Ya is a jewel in the roughPull Ya is a jewel in the rough

I bet they try to charge you some sort of cancelation fee $75-$100
Jay
Old 06-02-2013, 02:25 PM

Vehicle: 2014 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Express RC
Color: Black Express Package
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Rep:57
RyanJM will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by madhatr02 View Post
So what are you calling BS on????
Sorry for not being clear. It doesn't come off your last payment it comes right off the total balance owed. My loan went from 10k to $8900. No cancel fee. Honestly I think that was BS that he wrote it in then lied about it only coming off the last payment. When mine was credited Wells Fargo just started sending me monthly bills that were lower to adjust for the drop in balance since if you pay off early they lose on the interest side.

Ready Lift 2" level, Westin Polished Light Bar, DeeZee tailgate assist, K&N drop in,Bak Flip G2, Bak Box, Dick Cepek Torque 20x9's, 285/60R20 DuraTracs, AVS Smoked Aeroskin, HID 3000k fogs, 6000k HID's in the lows.
Old 06-02-2013, 10:56 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500 4WD Quad Cab
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Flame Red
Rep:2505
Hermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond repute

It is BS and I cannot blame you for venting. I too wondered about the time span as I thought by law you are suppose to get at least 30 days in which to cancel.
Old 06-03-2013, 06:24 AM
MOPAR or no Car

Vehicle: 2013 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Longhorn
Color: Black / Gold
Rep:145
madhatr02 will become famous soon enoughmadhatr02 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanJM View Post
Sorry for not being clear. It doesn't come off your last payment it comes right off the total balance owed. My loan went from 10k to $8900. No cancel fee. Honestly I think that was BS that he wrote it in then lied about it only coming off the last payment. When mine was credited Wells Fargo just started sending me monthly bills that were lower to adjust for the drop in balance since if you pay off early they lose on the interest side.
No worries I just wasn't sure. Yes all of mine came off the top but mine did not effect the monthly payment.

2013 Laramie Longhorn
aka "The Enterprise"
Old 06-03-2013, 07:10 AM

Vehicle: 2013 Dodge ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Black
Rep:15
Ramops is on a distinguished road

Dealers always try to BS you
Old 06-03-2013, 12:49 PM

Vehicle: Ram
Rep:76
Grimass will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim45498 View Post
Bought a new 1500 Express in Feb. and like a dumbass I didn't check the paperwork really well. Three weeks later I found out the guy added $1700 for an extended warranty. I approached the finance manager about this and told him I didn't appreciate not being told. I also told him it was my fault for not looking at the paperwork more closely. (guys always check and don't do what I did)

I told him I wanted my money back and cancel the extended warranty because I have not recieved any thing from the extended warranty people. He informed me that he could only give the money to the finance people and it would come off my very last payments on the truck. I told him how I felt about getting screwed (although I did it to myself for not checking paperwork). I left the dealership pretty pissed.

I have gave this a lot of thought and here is my solution. (this is a matter of principle) I am going to pay my truck off and go back and tell him I have decided that he can pay the $1700 to the finance company. When he agrees I am going to pull out the paperwork and show him I paid the truck off. I will then tell him to make the check out to me because I AM THE FINANCE COMPNY NOW!!!

Do any of you see where I cannot collect my $1700 back and cancel the extended warranty? I want to be sure I have my ducks in a row before I go back in there..any info will be aprreciated...Thanks, just had to vent.
If you pay off the truck, they will cut you a check.. At the same time, make sure you get them to cut you a check for the GAP insurance as well.

What they are saying is correct however. The lein holder should get this payment. This is to keep them from getting scammed.Otherwise you could finance a car. Get the $3000 extended warranty... Then Cancel it, get the cash, and then default on the loan.

These rules are in place to protect the lein holder. Not to screw you.
Old 07-08-2013, 03:41 PM

Vehicle: 2013 Dodge Ram RCSWB
Trim Level: Express
Color: Silver
Rep:60
Jim45498 will become famous soon enough
Default Update!!!!

UPDATE!!!!!!
After over a month I finally got the check from the dealer.
They kept $100.00 for as the called it "pro rated".
I thought the aftermarket did not kick in until after the 3 year bumper to bumper. Screwed again on the way out the door

Last edited by Jim45498; 07-08-2013 at 09:39 PM.
Old 07-08-2013, 04:25 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2011 Ram Express
Trim Level: ST
Color: White
Rep:92
Graygoose will become famous soon enough

http://www.used-car-warranty.com/cancel-tips.html

You can cancel anytime, just they look at the miles you have put on the new truck/car, then pro-rate it, and they pay the bank you got the loan from. Your car payment doesnt change, just the total amount financed.

I have done this, they dont like it, but hey, it's your right.

When you go into finance, sign the cancellation and get COPIES of what you sign, so you have record of the date.
expect no monthly change in payment.

Always, always look to see if they try to sneak it in there. Dealers sell based on what you tell them you can afford monthly.

Say you tell them $450 and no more.

They look at APR, and amount you can get approved for, and add warranty.
When you get back to sign, you think "wow, I'm done, sign and go.."
But your so fixed on that payment has been met, you may overlook APR or added features.
Wife and I just bought a 2013 Hyundai Sante Fe, looked down, they added $4000 on warranty, on a 10 -100k warranty car...I smiled and said take it off...they fought, and we fought, got it down to $1800 on all the stuff I would want. So always pay attention to add-ons..

2011 White Ram Express, KMC Slides, Nitto 420s 22's,Extang Trifecta, GF leveling kit, KICKER sound system,CodeAlarm remote start, '13 Retroshop Headlights and Tail lights, Bedrug, MGP Caliper covers, LED reverse lights, AAC interior LED and licence plate LEDs, BT Catch Can,Weathertech mats