DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2013 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2013 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2013 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 07-08-2013, 04:44 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2012 RAM Sport CC 4x4
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black
Rep:623
bighemi04 is a name known to allbighemi04 is a name known to allbighemi04 is a name known to allbighemi04 is a name known to allbighemi04 is a name known to allbighemi04 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graygoose View Post
http://www.used-car-warranty.com/cancel-tips.html

You can cancel anytime, just they look at the miles you have put on the new truck/car, then pro-rate it, and they pay the bank you got the loan from. Your car payment doesnt change, just the total amount financed.

I have done this, they dont like it, but hey, it's your right.

When you go into finance, sign the cancellation and get COPIES of what you sign, so you have record of the date.
expect no monthly change in payment.

Always, always look to see if they try to sneak it in there. Dealers sell based on what you tell them you can afford monthly.

Say you tell them $450 and no more.

They look at APR, and amount you can get approved for, and add warranty.
When you get back to sign, you think "wow, I'm done, sign and go.."
But your so fixed on that payment has been met, you may overlook APR or added features.
Wife and I just bought a 2013 Hyundai Sante Fe, looked down, they added $4000 on warranty, on a 10 -100k warranty car...I smiled and said take it off...they fought, and we fought, got it down to $1800 on all the stuff I would want. So always pay attention to add-ons..
Being in the business, this man is correct. ALWAYS pay attention to what you are sgining. Get copies of everything if you cancel and follow up with them and make sure they actually did cancel it. A lot of dealerships won't even cancel it, they will just have you sign the paperwork to appease you. If you do want a warranty or anything else, ask them to see their cost sheet or you won't buy anything. Cost on those service contracts are drastically cheaper then they try to sell them to you for. DEALERS WILL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT, BUT YOU HAVE TO ASK FOR IT. Buying cars can be very easy and work out in your favor if you know what to ask for and how to ask for it. You have the power as long as you are in the showroom.
Sponsored links
Old 07-08-2013, 04:46 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2011 Ram Express
Trim Level: ST
Color: White
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:92
Graygoose will become famous soon enough

Agree bighemi, thanks for reassurance

2011 White Ram Express, KMC Slides, Nitto 420s 22's,Extang Trifecta, GF leveling kit, KICKER sound system,CodeAlarm remote start, '13 Retroshop Headlights and Tail lights, Bedrug, MGP Caliper covers, LED reverse lights, AAC interior LED and licence plate LEDs, BT Catch Can,Weathertech mats
Old 07-08-2013, 04:50 PM

Vehicle: 2012 RAM Sport CC 4x4
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black
Rep:623
bighemi04 is a name known to allbighemi04 is a name known to allbighemi04 is a name known to allbighemi04 is a name known to allbighemi04 is a name known to allbighemi04 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graygoose View Post
Agree bighemi, thanks for reassurance
No problem. If anyone has any questions regarding a vehicle purchase please conact me. I can save you thousands. I saved Jhinkle of Bullys like 12k.........

Last edited by bighemi04; 07-08-2013 at 08:39 PM.
Old 07-08-2013, 04:51 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2013 1500 CC 4x4
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Redish
Rep:40
sambrian2007 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramops View Post
Dealers always try to BS you
Not all of them. My finance guy (where they always try to pile on) told me that he wouldn't buy any of it b/c I got such a good deal on the truck. He said to forego gap ins. and the extended due to the financing length and equity. I was kind of blown away that he didn't still try to sell it to me.

I agree with previous post that you always have to sign for the extended warranty. If they can't show you your signature on the dotted line for the warranty then you can really put them in a vise. Once refunded I would start asking for free oil changes or some credits for the trouble.

If your signature is there, then yes you are a DA (everyone is at some time) and you didn't read your paper work. The warranty isn't a bad thing, just expensive. You may be happy you have it at some time. Also is there any early loan payoff fee? That is something else to think about.
Old 07-08-2013, 08:26 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2013 dodge ram
Trim Level: laramie
Color: grey
Rep:10
rwb56 is on a distinguished road

if they had you buy a warranty and never told you about it, that's fraud, plain and simple. contact your local AG office.

as stated yes they have to pay it to the lien holder if you have a loan, since they financed it.

once it's paid off they can cut the check to you.

sometimes there is a cancel fee or a prorate...

I would have gone over the F&I persons head, to the GM or Owner and mention if they didn't fix it you were calling the AG...
Old 07-08-2013, 08:50 PM

Vehicle: 2013 Dodge Ram RCSWB
Trim Level: Express
Color: Silver
Rep:60
Jim45498 will become famous soon enough

I'm just glad the ordeal is over. I have check in hand (although $100.00 less)
and I have learned a valuable lesson. Finance guys will put the shaft to you when the opening is there.

I got some self-satisfaction by paying off the truck and telling them don't worry about the finance company, I am the finance company now. Make the check out to me.

It will not aggrevate me anymore how this happened. I'm too old to have worry about that crap.

I got my money, well most of it and if I have to have warranty work I will go to another dealer just 40 minutes away.

I bought the truck the first week of Febuary and here it is July and I only have 1200 miles on it so it's not like I need an extended warranty. After 5 years if I'm not dead I will get me another new truck. Not from these people.
Old 07-08-2013, 09:23 PM

Vehicle: 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8
Rep:3883
Grubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramops View Post
Dealers always try to BS you
Bullshit..... .....

Grub out!
Old 07-08-2013, 09:49 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2013 dodge ram
Trim Level: laramie
Color: grey
Rep:10
rwb56 is on a distinguished road

glad it all worked out for you... although i'm surprised you were able to pay it off w/o penalty, most banks have a 6mo early payoff penalty... although it some cases it's only $75.00

oh and just so you know, not all F&I managers will commit fraud and take advantage of you, I'm good friends with plenty who don't and don't need to... it's all about showing value in products, things like Gap are an easy sell to someone who financed with no or little money down, a warranty to someone who keeps a car 10yrs and drives a lot, etc.. etc... etc.... (my dealership sent me to F&I school, but wont be any openings until the new dealership opens end of the year).
Old 07-08-2013, 11:27 PM

Vehicle: 2011 dodge sport 1500 hemi
Trim Level: sport
Color: green
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:621
huntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to all

glad you were able to take care of that. was that a chrysler warranty or some third party thing.
Old 07-09-2013, 09:16 AM

Vehicle: 2013 Dodge Ram RCSWB
Trim Level: Express
Color: Silver
Rep:60
Jim45498 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntergreen View Post
glad you were able to take care of that. was that a chrysler warranty or some third party thing.
I had to ask dealer and found out it was CNA
I had not recieved any thing to show I had an extended warranty.
I would never have found out but the finance company sent me a letter thanking me and explaining the financing and in it they mentioned the extra warranty but did not name the company. Thanks to them or I would never have known.

To this day (owned truck since Feb.) I have not recieved anything to show I had any kind of extended warranty.

Last edited by Jim45498; 07-09-2013 at 09:22 AM.