DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2012 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2012 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2012 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 06-04-2013, 11:23 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500 Quad
Trim Level: Bighorn
Color: Silver
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:286
naturecannon is a jewel in the roughnaturecannon is a jewel in the roughnaturecannon is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reksul View Post
Latest calibration is the A012. They gave me this yesterday

Click here

http://www.bullydog.com/domains/upda....A012.tv36.zip

This is the one that fixes the tire sizing issue and ping issues... so they say.
Damn, now were talking.

Thanks for sharing, I will load it up tonight and give it a whirl tomorrow.

This is where BD is really lacking, If they had a place on their site linking to the latest updates and with a changelog it would make things so much easier.
Now that would be customer service in my book rather then having to call, have a guy have control of my BD and update for me via a PITA phone call all the time.

Thanks again Reksul, you saved me a lot of time and headache trying to get the latest
Old 06-05-2013, 12:24 AM

naturecannon is a jewel in the roughnaturecannon is a jewel in the roughnaturecannon is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reksul View Post
Latest calibration is the A012. They gave me this yesterday

Click here

http://www.bullydog.com/domains/upda....A012.tv36.zip

This is the one that fixes the tire sizing issue and ping issues... so they say.
Installed A012 and verified it installed on BD. I went for a short drive, very short to local mini mart so no comment on the ping yet but..........
you still have to toggle between enable and disable after every key/truck restart to get traction control to stick and then Brake and ABS light is still lit when traction control is disabled
Old 06-05-2013, 07:30 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2013 Limited 4x4
Trim Level: Limited
Color: Bright White
Rep:32
Reksul is on a distinguished road

That pretty much seals the deal for me. How many fixes must one endure to get a flash that will work? How many flash counts should rack up on the truck counter before saying Uncle?

I'm sending mine back. I contacted the vendor last night. I'm still within the 30 days by two days. They agreed to assist me. I may swap it out for the Trinity and see what happens.

Boxed it up this morning and back she goes.
Old 06-05-2013, 10:36 AM
I push the skinny pedal

Vehicle: 2009 Blown 349 Hemi
Trim Level: Sport - Modified
Color: Brilliant Black/Snake Skin Green
Engine: 2009-2012 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:3236
CdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulMys View Post
I know I'll get hit over the head by the tuner guys, But this is why I would balk at installing ANY tuner. My truck is fast as hell, and shifts fine. It seems to me that the risks to your new engine would easily cancel out any minimal performance gain you might achieve with a tune. Like I said, just my opinion so take it easy on me, or
The hardest thing with this is there are plenty of people who want more than what the stock tuning is capable of. For me, it's impossible to run stock programming since I'm running a lot more performance and stock programming would lean out my engine and destroy it. Stock programming is designed to be a compromise of fuel economy, emissions, and drivability... some of us don't care about the first, and the second is optional if it starts getting in the way of the third. Most people are not like me, but a 30-40hp gain with bolt-ons and a tune is well worth it for most people.
Old 06-05-2013, 11:00 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Better MPG is fine but I also pull commercial trailers up to 9000 lbs.

Tow Mode works fine and the shift points are great. I'm wanting more HP/TQ to assist pulling these trailers. That's why I bought the Hemi in the first place.

I'm totally stock. I don't want to build the motor or add aftermarket intake or breather, recam or change the exhaust. I would like more pull and I would like better throttle response and shift points when not pulling a trailer.

Maybe the Trinity will assist me. I know I can change more tuning points myself if needed. A custom tune is out of the question. If the Trinity doesn't work then back it goes and I'll scrap the truck and get something else. What I don't know. I may have to manually change the tranny selection myself instead of using the precalibrated shift points.
Old 06-05-2013, 11:17 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram 4x4
Trim Level: Express
Rep:10
Audacious is on a distinguished road

To be honest I don't think any of these things work well. There are way to many variables to make them work right. Fuel is different and also not available in many places. Just my two cents.

I did look into one purely for turning off the MDS as I hate that thing. If I go to the dealer and have them turn it off does it void my warranty in anyway?
Old 06-05-2013, 10:20 PM

Vehicle: 2012 Ram
Trim Level: Express Quad Cab
Color: White
Rep:37
DWWHemiguy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audacious View Post
To be honest I don't think any of these things work well. There are way to many variables to make them work right. Fuel is different and also not available in many places. Just my two cents.

I did look into one purely for turning off the MDS as I hate that thing. If I go to the dealer and have them turn it off does it void my warranty in anyway?
I asked two different dealerships to disable my mds and both said they have no way to do it. Sounds like b.s.
Old 06-06-2013, 07:42 AM

A012 Update:

Pinging seems to be gone but its only been a day and I am listening hard trying to distinguish a particular sound..... may just be my exhaust but I know the obvious ping is gone.

To get rid of the ping I think they may have toned down the performance tune, sure felt that way when I had to hammer down in one situation.....but like I said, only drove the truck about 60-70 miles yesterday.

Not sure why they cant get the traction control functions dialed in. I am getting tired of the flash counts, gonna put BD on the shelf until I can contact BD and find a solution for all these flash count and issues and while they continue to SLOWLY improve the tuner.
Old 06-07-2013, 07:59 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by naturecannon View Post
A012 Update:

Pinging seems to be gone but its only been a day and I am listening hard trying to distinguish a particular sound..... may just be my exhaust but I know the obvious ping is gone.

To get rid of the ping I think they may have toned down the performance tune, sure felt that way when I had to hammer down in one situation.....but like I said, only drove the truck about 60-70 miles yesterday.

Not sure why they cant get the traction control functions dialed in. I am getting tired of the flash counts, gonna put BD on the shelf until I can contact BD and find a solution for all these flash count and issues and while they continue to SLOWLY improve the tuner.

Did that file help you any?
Old 06-07-2013, 08:21 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2012 dodge ram
Trim Level: Express
Color: red
Rep:11
keg184 is on a distinguished road

My got my BD in April and it worked GREAT. Last week it had to take it to the dealers so I uninstalled the tune. Before I reinstalled it I did an update and now I have no trans temp. I called BD and they tried to fix it by installing a different program, but still not trans temp. Other than that it works fine.