DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2013 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2013 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2013 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 06-05-2013, 01:14 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 Laramie Longhorn
Trim Level: Laramie Longhorn
Color: Bright White w/White Gold stripe
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:11
jdftwrth is on a distinguished road
Default Door Edge guards

Some one may have already asked this but has anyone found a good source for door edge guards that will fit 2013 longhorn crew cab?

I hate to do it but it will keep me from using my grandsons as bait when i go fishing.....
Sponsored links
Old 06-05-2013, 05:08 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2013
Trim Level: Express
Color: Mineral Grey
Rep:99
lbram81 will become famous soon enough

Yes but odd.

I kept hitting my driver door on my garage wall when I had my 2012. I went to Pep Boys (common auto store but not sure if you have one in your area) and bought the TRUCK door guards. Basically they wrap around the edge of the door (they are u shapped with adhesive inside) from top to almost bottom of each door. Worked out great.

Bought the exact same one's for my 2013 and had a problem. When opening the back doors, the doors edge would rub on the front doors edge guards, drove me nuts. I cant see why this happened, I realize they restyled the 2013's but not to the extent these door guards wouldnt fit like my 2012 did. Only difference was my 2012 was a quad and now my 2013 is a crew. Could be why but cant see it.

Anyways, ended up going with the door guards that do not "wrap around" the doors edge. They have an adhesive strip and you just apply them on the outside of the doors edge rather than on the actual edge. They are made for tight fitting doors like we have. Bought those also at Pep Boys for $4 for a set of 2. If you want pics let me know and Ill post them.

Hope this helps.

Taylor Swift IS NOT a country singer!

Last edited by lbram81; 06-05-2013 at 05:11 PM.
Old 06-05-2013, 05:38 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT w/ Big Horn Pkg
Color: Max Steel
Rep:10
orangefan79 is on a distinguished road

I've been looking for these too. What I would love to get is the edge guard that they shop on the driver's door from the factory - clear, no adhesive but stays in place. My dealer threw mine out after installing steps despite my request. They keep saying they'll give me some from new trucks but every time I ask I can tell they're just blowing smoke.

I've been looking at some on Amazon that may work. Last week I bought some clear plastic piping from the hardware store to try out but that, as I expected, was a fail.
Old 06-05-2013, 06:58 PM

Vehicle: .
Rep:4364
Asur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.dooredgeguards.com/
Old 06-06-2013, 07:47 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Asur, Thx for the heads up, went on their site and was poking around and it looks like they do not offer the guards for the 2013 Rams, so i sent them an email and asked if they would be offering them.

When i get a message back I will post their response.

JD
Old 06-06-2013, 08:22 AM

Asur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdftwrth View Post
Asur, Thx for the heads up, went on their site and was poking around and it looks like they do not offer the guards for the 2013 Rams, so i sent them an email and asked if they would be offering them.

When i get a message back I will post their response.

JD

I think they do for the 2012's and its there site thats not updated, I read that another member had gotten some for his 2011, same as 2012, but good to email them for the 2013, I would think you might find something from them. Ya cool, let us know what they say
Old 06-06-2013, 08:55 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Asur - I did find on other source on the web from a company called GO Industries and they also did not offer them for the 2013's. This is the response I got back from my email to them...

We do not at this time. I remember the engineers talking about an issue on that vehicle. Something with fitment on the rear doors around the block area.
Old 06-06-2013, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdftwrth View Post
Asur - I did find on other source on the web from a company called GO Industries and they also did not offer them for the 2013's. This is the response I got back from my email to them...

We do not at this time. I remember the engineers talking about an issue on that vehicle. Something with fitment on the rear doors around the block area.
Sucks, but eventually you will find them, myself I put the 3m clear edge guard, its a clear 3m tape that you put on the edge of the door and then fold it over to the inside, it has already saved my edge more than once.
Old 07-30-2013, 04:51 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2007 SLT 4x4
Trim Level: SLT
Color: RED
Rep:25
gopherdoctor is on a distinguished road

After some searching, I'm going to go ahead and buy the 3M Scotchguard http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Old 07-30-2013, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopherdoctor View Post
After some searching, I'm going to go ahead and buy the 3M Scotchguard http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
That stuff save my door more than once

I also ran a piece at the top of the cab, right above the windshield along the edge as I have found that this location gets small rocks and nicks. To bad they can't install a nice rubber piece up there to protect the top of the cab.