DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Help Zone - Dodge Ram Problems, Complaints, & Solutions - Maintenance & Re > 4TH Generation Dodge Ram 2009+ Dodge Ram Trucks > Powertrain > 5.7L (345 cu in) HEMI V8 Specific Topics

Notices

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 06-05-2013, 06:11 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2011 dodge ram 1500
Trim Level: sport
Color: white
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
rob2403 is on a distinguished road
Default Transmission Questions-Help?

Hello I am new to this board and want to thank everyone in advance for the help. I have a few issues with my 2011 Ram 1500 crew cab sport with a hemi and just a little over 17000 miles on it.

1- Hard start, Every now and again the truck will crank for an extraordinary amount of time before starting , it has done it in cold weather, hot weather and in my garage. Also does not matter when first thing, lunch time or 30 min after a drive it has happened. I work at a ford dealer and know how often "no problem found" happens with a service appt, so I called dodge dealer told them this issue and also told them no check engine light or anything else is on if I bring it in will this happen, he said chances are probably yes, so I haven't taken it in yet.

2- a few days ago I started the truck and probably put it in gear rather faster than usual when the initial rev happens after start, then my indicator light in dash said 4 and would not come off dash, tried moving shifter nothing stayed at 4 would shif from 1st up to 4th gear but not into 5th, so I stopped, put in park, shut off truck, restarted and it was fine?

3- hard start- today(first time this happened) I was driving home from work and it was shifting real hard from first to second, drove it like that for 10 min and would do it only in upshift to 2nd, at a red light put truck in park, restarted it and it was fine??

Anyone else had any of the issues I tried looking on here but couldn't find anything, any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
Sponsored links
Old 06-05-2013, 07:26 PM
God Bless Texas!

Vehicle: 2005 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Lonestar QC
Color: White
Engine: 2002-2007 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 235hp 295lb/ft
Rep:2929
RogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond repute

Howdy Rob, and welcome to the Z. The hard cranking could be a number of things: fuel pressure regulator, fuel pump, crank position sensor, etc. As far as the tranny, when it got stuck in 4th in was in protect mode (I call it stuck in stupid). Protect mode allows you to get to the side of the road when a problem occurs. Putting it in gear before the initial rev was complete may have caused this. The hard shifting could be caused by 1 of several things also. Hard to pinpoint without driving it. Hope you get it worked out. Keep us apprised as to how it turns out.
Old 06-08-2013, 12:56 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2011 dodge sport 1500 hemi
Color: green
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:632
huntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to all

subscribed.......
Old 06-08-2013, 07:42 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2011 dodge ram 1500
Color: white
rob2403 is on a distinguished road

rogerramjet thanks for you help
Old 06-09-2013, 07:46 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2010 ram 1500 SLT Crew Cab
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Black
firefighter128 is on a distinguished road

truck makes an odd sound around 1000 rpm coming to a stop while still in eco. sounds almost like a diesel engine sound (a rattle). Stops when it drops out of eco and never happens if I turn on tow or Iam in 5th. Also seems to shift in and out of eco way more than I recall. Can anyone help?