DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > Dodge Ram Special Edition Models

Notices

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 06-07-2013, 04:10 PM
Is hunting wednecks

Vehicle: 1995 Ram 1500
Engine: 1994-2001 318ci (5.2L) Magnum V8 220hp
Rep:1734
Warlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Warlock III Send a message via Yahoo to Warlock III
Lightbulb Special Editions You'd like to see.

I was just wondering...I've seen the Long Horn editions and for some reason they always make me think of Texas.

That got me to wondering...If there was a Special Edition/Model you'd like to see, what would it be and what colors.

The Longhorns are usually dark brown/black over tan.

I wondered about a Blue Ridge edition (Or something similar to your location). Maybe navy blue over silver, any ideas?

Mine started as a Warlock III concept but then deviated so I had to make my own.

DISCLAIMER
If you are offended easily don't click on my screen name

Last edited by Warlock III; 06-07-2013 at 04:21 PM.
Sponsored links
Old 06-07-2013, 05:54 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:23
HEMICREWCAB is on a distinguished road

I wouldn't buy any special edition anything. Now if SRT makes another truck I would be all over it.
Old 06-07-2013, 06:47 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2013
Color: silver
Rep:30
Jabalone is on a distinguished road

Yeah, the Longhorn makes me think of Texas too. How about a PNW (Pacific Northwest) edition or an Alaskan edition? The Alaskan could be white with snow tires and a rack for carrying caribou meat. The PNW edition would be green and need a snorkel for driving through rain water and a built-in cappuccino/espresso maker and a special place to keep recycling. And then of course, for my people, the Ram 'Canada edition' in mostly red with white accents of course, includes a special factory holder for hockey sticks and skates, a dash mounted poutine warmer and when you hit the horn a voice says "Excuse me.. Sorry".
Old 06-07-2013, 06:50 PM
Is hunting wednecks

Warlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabalone View Post
Yeah, the Longhorn makes me think of Texas too. How about a PNW (Pacific Northwest) edition or an Alaskan edition? The Alaskan could be white with snow tires and a rack for carrying caribou meat. The PNW edition would be green and need a snorkel for driving through rain water and a built-in cappuccino/espresso maker and a special place to keep recycling. And then of course, for my people, the Ram 'Canada edition' in mostly red with white accents of course, includes a special factory holder for hockey sticks and skates, a dash mounted poutine warmer and when you hit the horn a voice says "Excuse me.. Sorry".
When you say Alaskan Edition I think of a newer version of the 1st gen Snow Commander with a lighter blue over white, or a light grey over white.. Maybe even with cab/clearance lights (5) and the two just inside of the two outer lights being actually low profile HID lights for increased visibility. It would be cool to see them change from standard clearance lights to HID's with the push of a button.

DISCLAIMER

Last edited by Warlock III; 06-07-2013 at 06:57 PM.
Old 06-07-2013, 07:02 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 2X4
Trim Level: quad cab SLT
Color: sunburst orange pearl
Rep:2608
GTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond repute

maybe just as cool
http://www.torquenews.com/106/ram-15...emi-power-sema
Ram 1500 SLT Quad cab, 5.7 HEMI(R) MDS VCT, 5 speed auto 545RFE, 3.55 differential gears, 18" Magnaflow muffler, EGR bug deflector, Bushwacker fender flares, customized Nfab nerf bars, CB radio, Autonet wi-fi router, custom soft tonneau cover, Line_X bedliner, DEBO Step, build date 10/15/08 a Wednesday built vehicle
Old 06-07-2013, 07:10 PM
Is hunting wednecks

The LRE in your link is pretty cool. The only thing I noticed that looked done quickly...bed floor.

It looks like they added it above the original floor and could have spent a little more time on it.

It looks like more of a revival of the 1st Gen LRE and could open the door for the Midnight Express, or dare I even say it...the Warlock.

DISCLAIMER
Old 06-07-2013, 07:23 PM

Vehicle: 2013 Dodg Ram
Trim Level: Big Horn
Rep:148
JWM59 will become famous soon enoughJWM59 will become famous soon enough

What I would really like is a 1500 Quad cab 4X4 with an eight foot bed. Please Dodge make it happen!!
Old 06-07-2013, 07:28 PM
Is hunting wednecks

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWM59 View Post
What I would really like is a 1500 Quad cab 4X4 with an eight foot bed. Please Dodge make it happen!!

I think maybe you're taking the wrong angle

DISCLAIMER
Old 12-21-2013, 10:36 AM

Vehicle: 2013 Dodge Ram Longhorn
Trim Level: Longhorn
Rep:10
fcbubba is on a distinguished road

Not that it matters, but I purchased a Longhorn based on the whole platform. I looked at the Laramie and could not get over the lesser quality of the leather. I am a Yankee born and raised in Chicago IL. I moved to Denver NC 4 years ago and love it. Other than the name and the Buckles on the rear of the front seats, I love this truck. Everyone yourides in it also loves it. I did not get the fancy saddle embroidery on the seats...just plain.
Old 02-24-2014, 08:51 AM

Vehicle: 2011 Ram 2500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Mineral Grey
Engine: 2010-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 383hp 400lb/ft (2500/3500)
Rep:49
glcarter is on a distinguished road

I would love to see a remake of the Little Red Express, wood trim and all. 6.4 hemi with no MSD or VVT. Standard cab, functioning cold air induction hood, 2wd, 4.10 gears, and a step side (a real step side not like the bastardized one like GM put on theirs at the end of the 90s) with functioning stacks.