DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Dodge Ram Wheels And Tires
Register Advertising Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Dodge Ram Wheels And Tires General discussion related to wheels and tires.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 05-23-2013, 12:25 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member

Vehicle: 03 Ram
Trim Level: SLT Sport
Color: Red
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:10
SI Integra is on a distinguished road
Default 245 vs 285

I am having some abs codes for rear pinion factor. The dash light flash and buzz is rather annoying. After reading for several days I am still trying to figure this out. Any help would be great.
The truck has 285 70 17 terra grapplers. Its a stock 17" truck with the oem size of 245 70 17. I have read that the abs computer needs to be programmed for the larger tires size. I called several dealers who cannot confirm the necessity to do this.

It seems to me so many members here and on other forums run the larger tire sizes with no reference of having the computer programmed for this.

Am I just wasting money at the dealer? The odd thing is my scanner (aftermarket 3/400 scanner) will not delete the codes. The battery being unplugged for hours will not delete the codes. It does not go through any drive cycle before they codes appear.

I do not know how long the abs light has been on, as I bought the truck with a bad engine. I replaced it and several other parts only to be plauged by the darn abs light and the mode 1 door failure in the hvac.

Please help
Sponsored links
Old 05-23-2013, 02:17 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2011 Ram R/T Regular Cab
Trim Level: R/T
Color: maroon
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:18
RECIT is on a distinguished road

What are the codes? I have access to alldata and IATN. Might be able to point you in the right direction.

As far as I know changing to tire size should only affect your speedo reading. If the code sets on every key cycle there is more than likely a hard fault/short to ground...something along those lines.
Old 06-10-2013, 10:01 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member

Vehicle: 03 Ram
Trim Level: SLT Sport
Color: Red
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:10
SI Integra is on a distinguished road

Recit,
I really appreciate the offer. I am not sure why I did not get a notification to your post?
I actually figured it out. It was needing reprogramed. The tire revolutions were set at about 420 and needed to be at about 618. Plugged in the data on the solus and the light went right out.
It was an incorrect ratio of the pinion gear for both the abs and the vehicle speed.