DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram Interior and Exterior Lighting

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram Interior and Exterior Lighting HID - HALO - LED LIGHTING - UNDERBODY LIGHTING - TINTED/SMOKED/PAINTED TAILS - ETC.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 06-21-2013, 08:22 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: .
Rep:4364
Asur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond repute

this is how the 4 pin connector is setup on vehicles.

The turns/stop are the same for the 7 pin and the 4 pin, so if you get your stops from the 3rd brake light they will work independent of the turn, you might if in the end have to tap into the turn signals, again this is all test and see. A tracer light is cheap, pic one up at any store, LED is best. or get a volt meter.
Sponsored links
Old 06-21-2013, 09:19 AM

Asur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond repute

Nope, both are not independent of the Brake signal, here is how its done.

Old 06-21-2013, 12:43 PM

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500 Crew Cab
Trim Level: Outdoorsman
Color: Deep Cherry Red Crystal Pearl(Its effin Dark Red)
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:26
jdip is on a distinguished road

Its all finished! Had to ditch the middle piece it was going to be too long, and kind of lost the bottom LED strip behind the bumper because of the size of the lightheads, but they are still just as good if not better than any brand name LED bar, and they do exactly what I want (even though there are no reverse lights). Signals were tapped just behind the bulb, and tail/and stop were tapped behind the hitch connector. I didnt end up buying a T connector, because I had the wrong one but its always something I can change later. As for both bars they look awesome because I have a red truck you can barely tell they are there (have red lenses). The seller is all sold out now so glad I got them. Worse comes to worse they dont last Ill go with Recon but at least they are in and looking good (despite an entire LED strip being hidden behind the bumper). They were a little rough to fit in, and had to use the self tapping screws, and the sticky tape was useless only because I needed them to have some space and not be flush otherwise the tailgate would have been obstructed. Pics and Video on the way. Night video may be a little bit since I work nights. I got a day time video but could not take the video with the running lights on, it seems to be having a feedback effect on my iphone causing it to appear to be blinking, when in reality they are not. Ill have to figure that out later. Thanks for everyones help!
Old 06-21-2013, 12:54 PM

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/108995715/Video.MOV
image (3).jpeg

image (5).jpeg

image (6).jpeg

Last edited by jdip; 06-21-2013 at 12:58 PM.
Old 06-21-2013, 07:32 PM

That is sweet, night will look amazing, nice work, nice setup, congrats on doing it yourself, reps for the video and the pics, thanks for sharing.
Old 06-21-2013, 10:54 PM

Thank you sir and thanks for all the help. I know I kinda shoulda used some better connectors anything you can recommend to wrap around it besides electrical tape to help protect them. (Wire loom would be a Charlie Foxtrot since they are all bunched in the same area. If I get some time at work tonight ill take a few pics and a new video...thats if I ever see the station before dawn again.
Old 06-22-2013, 05:02 PM

Heres the Night Video
https://www.dropbox.com/s/78oddktkupf65l7/Video.MOV

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nytq9t721v...%20%281%29.MOV

The angle was about the same height as the lightbar since I had to leave my phone on a lawn chair to record.
First part is w/o tail lights on, second is (it was one video had to split them to get it to upload correctly).
Old 06-22-2013, 07:12 PM

Looks amazing, again nice job, sweet. Thanks for sharing.