DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Notices

Off Topic Discussion Anything goes in here! Well, almost!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 06-14-2013, 11:04 PM
aixelsyD morf sreffuS

Vehicle: 1995 Ram 1500
Engine: 1994-2001 318ci (5.2L) Magnum V8 220hp
Rep:1711
Warlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Warlock III Send a message via Yahoo to Warlock III

I'd put a hamburger on the back and show it to the dog...and then haul A$$ away

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=ECp-eg8NZ7s

Last edited by Warlock III; 06-14-2013 at 11:14 PM.
Sponsored links
Old 06-15-2013, 10:54 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: N/A
Rep:1045
double0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud of

race day was wicked. they've built-up a Nice short course for some close quarters racing and jumps. back stretch has a decent jump that's hard to hit head on, so I ended up in a sapling a few times lol. between that and having the literal time of my life, I didn't take a single picture. SORRY!!

today was a slightly wet track with plenty of grip, so definitely have some mud all up in my truck. most days it's pretty sandy out there so that should be interesting...

after wearing down two Traxxas 2s LiPo batteries, my buddy loaned me a 3s LiPo. WTF was all I could think. I could only rock half throttle around the track, anything else was an invitation for flight. I didn't believe him, but holding my car in the air and punching the throttle would make the factory tires skinny up with the speed, think top fuel draggsters, how the tires in back change with the insane power. JUST LIKE THAT with a 3s LiPo. Absolute insanity.

anyway, for the dissatisfied individuals who desire pictures here, I'll make it up to you soon. the track is a MUST for us now that there's a few of us with solid setups. hopefully every weekend.

I did manage one pose picture before today's thrashing....

and it survived with no damage. my buddy destroyed a left rear drive shaft with that 3s LiPo and his body is almost toast with the mount plastic starting to shatter. that lead to me almost ordering a clear, unpainted Ramrunner body myself... in due time!
Old 06-18-2013, 10:42 PM

double0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud of

AND not even a week old, and she's broke down for a bit. some decent backyard bashing with my 2 yr old son results in a massive jump built, and a massive launch. nose dives don't do so well on factory plastic parts on these trucks lol. now I figure... truck is a 1/10 scale. I had it rough 8-10 feet in the air, so in a real truck that would be 80-100 feet right? guess I'm surprised I didn't break more

your looking at a front bulkhead, it has front suspension mounts for the a arms and steering components, along with housing the front differential and drive shaft. it's now sheared, and also resulted in a bent drive shaft.

good news is I've ordered replacements, a beefier drive shaft, a spare stock drive shaft (back up spare) and new billet front AND rear bullheads. the rear is fine, but I'll replace it always as I like to do everything in pairs. I'll keep the rear bulkhead for a spare.

and just as I do this... the motherload of parts comes in... my powerful charger, second battery, connections, and LiPo safe cases... just perfect timing. but I was pleased to discover that it charged my battery in 37 minutes, opposed to the factory 8hrs lol.

Old 06-22-2013, 11:17 PM
"Just living the dream"

Vehicle: 2013 Dodge Ram Longhorn
Trim Level: Longhorn Rambox
Color: Prairie Pearl / White Gold Trim
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:1634
Chunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant future

Looks like you are having some fun......

Enjoy RamForumZ? Support your forum and become a SITE SUPPORTER today!

Please be sure you understand the Ram ForumZ RULES

"MOST OF ALL HAVE FUN AND ENJOY THE SITE"
Old 06-22-2013, 11:24 PM

Absolutely. so my new bulkheads came in and go figure they didn't work. they're designed for the slash, but the arms are half an inch too narrow, so it didn't line up. kinda ticked, ended up ordering factory plastic ones and I'll go from there. also emailed the company about the manufacturing issue with the aluminum product. real bummer having the truck down this long.

almost bought a second truck for the wife today lol. guy on Craigslist was selling the same thing I'm running, with 3 batteries and a spare body for 350. missed it by a couple hours.
Old 07-13-2013, 11:00 PM

truck is up and running again, after a long wait on the correct bulkhead.

in the long wait, I picked up some upgrades for the slash. swapped out the wheels for some 1/8th scale buggy wheels, which needed wheel adaptors, and trying out a dogbone style driveshaft as a sturdier option.

had some TRS decals laying around, so I slapped em on the rear fenders, gotta rep my lighting go to company! if only I could retrofit on this ha

and since the body takes a beating, I laid down a couple coats of hurculiner Bedliner on the inside of the body, making a couple extra layers on the weak spots like the fenders and wheel Wells. turned out awesome, tomorrow is race day so I'm excited to see how it holds up.

also going to be building up a race body for a local short course, and it definitely will be a Ram!
Old 10-11-2013, 07:40 PM

hey gents, I'm still lurking around the Z. still no ram yet but here's how I keep in touch with my inner Ram fan...

[/QUOTE]
Old 11-16-2013, 09:13 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2012 Ram
Trim Level: Express
Color: Black
Rep:163
bendodge has a spectacular aura aboutbendodge has a spectacular aura about

You have the bug,there is no way out now.For me the problem got so bad I had actually built a "SuperMaxx" race truck with a RB mod .21 motor. It was a pretty quick way to spend a few thousand dollars.I have video and pictires of some of the RC's and will post them up when I find them.I suddenly feel ill,I think the bug is coming back.
Old 11-16-2013, 09:50 AM

please do put up the videos if you find them. mod bug for sure! my mod obsession with my old ram transferred into these trucks. I'm turning a Traxxas Rustler I picked up used for 50$ into a Slash 2wd. I picked up a Monster Momba motor for it, played with some gearing and now at 30mph rolling I can punch it and pull the front wheels off the ground. way overpowering, bit Absolutely fun
Old 11-16-2013, 12:56 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: Sport Crew
Color: True Blue Pearl
Rep:1056
LowUFO has much to be proud ofLowUFO has much to be proud ofLowUFO has much to be proud ofLowUFO has much to be proud ofLowUFO has much to be proud ofLowUFO has much to be proud ofLowUFO has much to be proud ofLowUFO has much to be proud of

I have Traxxas Slash too. I love it. I'm dieing to pick up the LiPo battery for it. Stock batteries weigh a ton. Suggestions on which LiPo?