DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Chassis - Drive Line - Suspension - Wheels and Tires - LIFTING - Dodge Ram 4x4, 2x4

Notices

Custom Chassis - Drive Line - Suspension - Wheels and Tires - LIFTING - Dodge Ram 4x4, 2x4 Discuss anything related to Custom Dodge Ram Wheels, Tires, Brakes, Suspension Mods, Chassis Mods and Tuning, Towing options, Driveline, 4x4, Differentials, Sway Bars, Lifting Springs, Body Lifts, Strut Braces, etc.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 06-09-2013, 08:09 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram
Color: White
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:20
nevadaboy is on a distinguished road
Default 2500 and 3500

Hey guys I'm thinking about trading in the hemi on a cummis and was jus wondering what size lift and what kind on gas mileage your getting?
Sponsored links
Old 06-09-2013, 09:02 PM
Bully's Performance

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram CC 4X4
Trim Level: Sport
Color: PX8 Black
Rep:1772
fastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevadaboy View Post
Hey guys I'm thinking about trading in the hemi on a cummis and was jus wondering what size lift and what kind on gas mileage your getting?
You can run 6" or 8" BDS
Another member here has the 5" RCX

Without doing a delete you won't see that much more of an improvement of MPG over the Hemi
But you'll be able to lug around those heavier wheels
100% Guaranteed to work or we will replace it for free!
Old 06-10-2013, 12:00 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2012 ram 2500
Trim Level: Bighorn
Color: flame red
Rep:471
Kcbigbadram is a glorious beacon of lightKcbigbadram is a glorious beacon of lightKcbigbadram is a glorious beacon of lightKcbigbadram is a glorious beacon of lightKcbigbadram is a glorious beacon of light

that is the 6" BDS standard arm lift. BUT im thinking of upgrading to the 8" kit. should of went all out to start with

6" BDS lift kit, BMF R.E.P.R, 37" toyo MT, recon cab lights, color matched interior trim, tinted tails, custom headlights, cjc off-road light bar, backrack, afe stage 2 CAI
sponsored by BULLY'S PERFORMANCE
Old 06-10-2013, 12:33 PM
Bully's Performance

fastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kcbigbadram View Post
that is the 6" BDS standard arm lift. BUT im thinking of upgrading to the 8" kit. should of went all out to start with
Then you will need larger tires......
But if you want to upgrade, let me know and I will get you the kit to convert it
Old 06-10-2013, 12:35 PM

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 2500 & 2011 Wrangler
Trim Level: ST
Color: white
Engine: 2011-20?? 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 350hp 800lb/ft
Rep:35
Wandell is on a distinguished road

Yeah, I usually average around 16 to 16.5 mpg combined city/highway. But I once averaged 20 mpg on a trip to the beach in slow traffic running 55 mph most of the time. I'm running a 5 inch RCX lift and 355/60-20 (37x14.00) Terra Grapplers with 3.73 gears. I'm also deleted, which as mentioned, makes a huge difference.
Old 06-10-2013, 12:40 PM
Bully's Performance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandell View Post
Yeah, I usually average around 16 to 16.5 mpg combined city/highway. But I once averaged 20 mpg on a trip to the beach in slow traffic running 55 mph most of the time. I'm running a 5 inch RCX lift and 355/60-20 (37x14.00) Terra Grapplers with 3.73 gears. I'm also deleted, which as mentioned, makes a huge difference.
You almost got me calling my dealer for a moment till I read your last line.....that you are deleted.
I cant delete where I am at

Mind you I do get 15.5-16.5 MPG now with my current setup.
Slap on a Supercharger and I should be able to increase that by 1-3 MPGs.
Old 06-10-2013, 12:47 PM

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 2500 & 2011 Wrangler
Trim Level: ST
Color: white
Engine: 2011-20?? 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 350hp 800lb/ft
Rep:35
Wandell is on a distinguished road

Yeah, bone stock I never saw the dash indicator go higher than 16.5 with the tiny 31 inch stock tires. And after several hand calculations, the dash indicator is usually 0.5 mpg optimistic.
Old 06-10-2013, 01:07 PM

Vehicle: 2004 Quad Cab diesel
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Silver
Engine: 2005-20?? 359ci (5.9L) Cummins ISB 610 24-Valve Diesel I6 325hp 610 lb/ft
Rep:217
dodge man has a spectacular aura aboutdodge man has a spectacular aura aboutdodge man has a spectacular aura about

My truck is an early 04, 4.10 gears, quad cab, short bed, 4x4, 4.10 gears. I'm not sure if my truck is just leveled, or has a lift front and back. I think its just leveled, but if it is lifted, its small, maybe 2", but I have stock tires. I could easily run a larger tire, but won't switch until my current tires are worn out.

I'd say I average around 15 mpg of mixed driving. I've never gotten much better than 17 mpg, but I've never gotten worse than 12 mpg, and that was towing. My experience is that my Cummins gets better mileage around town than a 1/2 ton gasser, and about the same on the highway. Keep in mind that lifts, lareger tires and good fuel mileage don't go well together.
Old 06-10-2013, 02:49 PM
Bully's Performance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandell View Post
Yeah, bone stock I never saw the dash indicator go higher than 16.5 with the tiny 31 inch stock tires. And after several hand calculations, the dash indicator is usually 0.5 mpg optimistic.
That was with the tiny wheels too

Yea, the OP is going to more than likely lift and wheels (if you have seen his current truck, you will know)
Old 06-10-2013, 03:54 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2012 ram 2500
Trim Level: Bighorn
Color: flame red
Rep:471
Kcbigbadram is a glorious beacon of lightKcbigbadram is a glorious beacon of lightKcbigbadram is a glorious beacon of lightKcbigbadram is a glorious beacon of lightKcbigbadram is a glorious beacon of light

when i did my lift and wheels/tires i only lost about 1 mpg. these diesels dont seem to lose as much with a lift as a gas truck does

6" BDS lift kit, BMF R.E.P.R, 37" toyo MT, recon cab lights, color matched interior trim, tinted tails, custom headlights, cjc off-road light bar, backrack, afe stage 2 CAI
sponsored by BULLY'S PERFORMANCE