DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2012 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2012 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2012 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 06-12-2013, 11:54 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2012 Ram HEMI
Rep:36
MEZERR is on a distinguished road

I remember reading something about HEMI clicking while in MDS......so I decided to try looking for it. Searched for 30 minutes, and think I found what I was looking for.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f67/x...59/index6.html

A guy with a jeep and hemi. See pictures half way down, which is what this guy thinks was causing his clicking during MDS. Something about the lifter going out of alignment, and a PIN not lining up or something.......

And another guy with a hemi in his RAM. The below video description also says he had a mechanic tell him that's what causing his MDS clicking (read his description)

I dunno, this might not help at all.......
Sponsored links
Old 06-12-2013, 04:48 PM

Vehicle: 2012 Ram Express
Trim Level: Express
Color: Silver
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:63
S.C. Express will become famous soon enough

That sounds horrible, if my truck did that it would be at the dealer. They would either fix it and show me the old & new parts plus I'd want to see it torn down. If they would not fix it, they would be keeping the truck one way or another.
Old 06-12-2013, 09:38 PM

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500 Laramie Crew cab
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Bright White-W7
Rep:139
Hemi N Haw will become famous soon enoughHemi N Haw will become famous soon enough
Wink

The whole damn thing just plain sucks pal. You cant bring her into another dealer in its modified form cause they'll tell ya take it else where. Your dealer is playing the game w/ "hey pal it's been modified & thats the root of the problem" . Never mind the fact that these trucks sound like diesels from time to time. Mine makes the infamous Hemi tick also. Not always & some times quietly, then again not so quiet. It's a piss poor design by a company that refuses to stand behind it's warranty superiority claims & follow threw on their customers behalf. Cliff O'le buddy the way I see it is as was previously mentioned. Return the truck to stock & send her off to new dealer w/ fingers & toes crossed. Yielding a repair or trade in w/ loss. Or you send her to mechanic to make sure your troubles are in the top end & that it's nothing in the crank or piston section. Then you cowboy up & invest in a set of performance heads,rocker arms,lifters & push rods. In addition maybe a nice cam. Then I'll be damned if that repair don''t put a smile on your face. Provided you don't follow my last option & then find out it's your computer or something else causing these issues.
Old 06-13-2013, 12:09 AM
God Bless Texas!

Vehicle: 2005 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Lonestar QC
Color: White
Engine: 2002-2007 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 235hp 295lb/ft
Rep:2929
RogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemi N Haw View Post
The whole damn thing just plain sucks pal. You cant bring her into another dealer in its modified form cause they'll tell ya take it else where. Your dealer is playing the game w/ "hey pal it's been modified & thats the root of the problem" . Never mind the fact that these trucks sound like diesels from time to time. Mine makes the infamous Hemi tick also. Not always & some times quietly, then again not so quiet. It's a piss poor design by a company that refuses to stand behind it's warranty superiority claims & follow threw on their customers behalf. Cliff O'le buddy the way I see it is as was previously mentioned. Return the truck to stock & send her off to new dealer w/ fingers & toes crossed. Yielding a repair or trade in w/ loss. Or you send her to mechanic to make sure your troubles are in the top end & that it's nothing in the crank or piston section. Then you cowboy up & invest in a set of performance heads,rocker arms,lifters & push rods. In addition maybe a nice cam. Then I'll be damned if that repair don''t put a smile on your face. Provided you don't follow my last option & then find out it's your computer or something else causing these issues.
Just read your quote as Jack Burton (Kurt Russel, Big Trouble in Little China) in my head, and I have to say, it sounded pretty damn good!
Old 06-13-2013, 04:42 PM

Vehicle: 2011 dodge sport 1500 hemi
Trim Level: sport
Color: green
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:632
huntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to all

wow, the hemi tick has been around from th re-intro of the hemi. doesn't bother me and will not hurt longevity. actually i knew about the infamous hemi tick before i bought the truck.
Old 06-13-2013, 09:03 PM

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500 Laramie Crew cab
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Bright White-W7
Rep:139
Hemi N Haw will become famous soon enoughHemi N Haw will become famous soon enough
Talking

Thanks Roger. Great movie love Kurt Russels character in that one. He's a kick ass actor but not on par w/ the Duker or Ol'e Clint. I too knew of the tick before purchasing my ram. Look I was & am a GM guy before my ram purchase. This is my first chrysler product & I have to say aside from the quality control issues that seem to plague these vehicles, I love my truck I really do. It's got a better: interior,ride & power plant than the other big 3. Those three reasons & the main one should be #1- is it's the best looking truck to date. Had chevy upped their interior to be even in the rams ball park I'd had been posting on a bow tie forum not a ram one. Just being honest. I also say their customer service dept. leaves a lot to be desired as well. But back on topic here for the Cliffmeister. Cliff friend let us all know what road you take here & where your journey takes you. We all I'm sure wish for a solid outcome for ya.
Old 06-13-2013, 09:08 PM

Vehicle: 2012 Ram HEMI
Rep:36
MEZERR is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntergreen View Post
wow, the hemi tick has been around from th re-intro of the hemi. doesn't bother me and will not hurt longevity. actually i knew about the infamous hemi tick before i bought the truck.
This thread has nothing to do with hemi tick.
Old 06-13-2013, 09:58 PM

Vehicle: 2012 Ram Hemi Regular Cab
Trim Level: ST
Color: Mineral Gray
Rep:277
GrayhemiST is a jewel in the roughGrayhemiST is a jewel in the roughGrayhemiST is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEZERR View Post
This thread has nothing to do with hemi tick.
Its more than a tick....add up all the issues over the past several months, and the results internally cant be good.....all I can see from this is $$$$$$. Sell NOW!
Old 06-14-2013, 10:12 AM

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Flame Red
Rep:176
Clifford17 has a spectacular aura aboutClifford17 has a spectacular aura about

So I picked up the truck on Wednesday, and paid the 80$ diagnostic fee. I still have no idea what is wrong with it and neither does the dealership. But yet it's the muffler that's causing it lmfao!!! So I decided to call the service manager at the same dealership and I talked to him... He told me that I have to come by and take him for a ride... I'm doing that tonight after work... I'll let you guys know how I make out...
Old 06-14-2013, 10:43 AM

Vehicle: 2012
Trim Level: express
Color: mineral grey
Rep:10
rammedifiknow is on a distinguished road

sorry bud, hope this helps. take off your exhaust. especially the y-pipe. the y-pipe is a mistake unless you have a better flowing manifold/header... just tellin' ya. I know guys are all about the y-pipe, but it does more harm than good; unless your running headers.
oh, and the dealership you are taking your truck to? what a bunch of *******s! way to keep customers DODGE!