DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Chassis - Drive Line - Suspension - Wheels and Tires - LIFTING - Dodge Ram 4x4, 2x4

Notices

Custom Chassis - Drive Line - Suspension - Wheels and Tires - LIFTING - Dodge Ram 4x4, 2x4 Discuss anything related to Custom Dodge Ram Wheels, Tires, Brakes, Suspension Mods, Chassis Mods and Tuning, Towing options, Driveline, 4x4, Differentials, Sway Bars, Lifting Springs, Body Lifts, Strut Braces, etc.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 06-11-2013, 07:05 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2011 Ram
Rep:141
newfiebullet will become famous soon enoughnewfiebullet will become famous soon enough
Default brake issue

so i came home yesterday and got out to a nice smell of burning brakes and smoke and a really hot rim ...so i first thought great a stuck caliper...so i pulled off the wheel ( rear right) and everything was free i could spin the rotor and the caliper came off, well halfway, nothing was stuck i left it on....but while spinning the rotor after i hear this weird sound, like a rusty hinge or something, real hard to describe.now when i drive you can hear it, while driving you can hear almost like a scarpeing noise and is speed dependent...not constant but you can hear it as the wheel spins....i blamed the caliper sticking but it seems more like the e-brake shoes may be catching ...i have been using the e brake lately and i havent really used it before much in the last 2 years. before i tear into to i wanted to hear some thoughts. this evening when i got home i could smell it, but faintly and i could touch the rim and there wasnt any smoke. but i did a few e-break stops just before getting home to see if that was it...the ebrake dosent work all too well. all the way down is like a moderate stop...i cant get i nthe garage until july 3rd....which is retarded....also note the truck only has 25k kms.
Old 06-12-2013, 04:54 PM

newfiebullet will become famous soon enoughnewfiebullet will become famous soon enough

the hell with it i sent it to the dealer....had to leave it, could be a day could be a week, when they get a cancellation they'll squeeze it in there. just want my truck back lol.
Old 06-12-2013, 04:56 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2007 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Patriot Blue
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:1900
gonefishin776 has a brilliant futuregonefishin776 has a brilliant futuregonefishin776 has a brilliant futuregonefishin776 has a brilliant futuregonefishin776 has a brilliant futuregonefishin776 has a brilliant futuregonefishin776 has a brilliant futuregonefishin776 has a brilliant futuregonefishin776 has a brilliant futuregonefishin776 has a brilliant futuregonefishin776 has a brilliant future

sorry to hear about your problem man

wish i could be of some help. Hopefully it all works out!
JVC Arsenal KD, Bilstein 5100 adjustables [maxed], aFe Stage 2 Air Intake, Superchips 3865, Husky Floor Mats, Saddleman Camo Seat Covers, Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler SI/DO, 20 % Tint. 35x12.5x17 Federal Couragia M/T, 17x8.5 VTEC Warlord wheels, -12mm offest.
Old 06-12-2013, 06:53 PM

ill let warranty handle this one
Old 06-14-2013, 07:52 PM

so theyt call and tell my my caliper is "dirty" and thats why its sticking...they say no big deal they can do it no prob for 1.5 hrs labour @ 80$ per hour....i said ill be in shortly to get the truck. iv never done it before but im damn sure not afraid to try. the hell with paying that kinda money for someone to clean my brake caliper.....good news is i got my pinion nut checked out and got my glove box light and underhood light,...well i got the underhood one they didnt install, apparently my cai will hit it....they didnt say anythuing about the programmer, i was in a rush and forgot to take it out.