DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2013 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2013 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2013 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 06-13-2013, 11:00 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2013 Ram Sport 1500 True Blue
Rep:91
nikeman will become famous soon enough
Default MSRP went up since order

Looking for some input here. My MSRP went up $300 since placing my order and signing the purchase agreement 3 months ago. I am fairly certain my dealer has added that $300 to my price very sneakily and I want to know if its really my responsibility or if I should fight it out. I plan on talking to him about it when my truck comes in or before because I also feel like I'm not getting the extra equity on my truck from the 3 payments I made since ordering because my payments went up $20 some how with a lower interest rate. My dealer is kinda sketchy in that he avoids talking numbers at all costs it seems and likes to just tell me what my payments will be. I'm going to get a copy of my purchase agreement just to go over since I failed to request a copy before I left.

Basically, am I legally responsible to pay the $300 increase after signing a purchase agreement? Seems a little crazy that I can sign something and then the price could just double in price or something and I'm stuck. Should I let that go?

Edit: the noted I took when I got home from placing my order was $580/month for 78 months at 2.9%. I added $550 in options after ordering and planed to pay that difference in cash to keep the payment amount. I now talked the dealer into finding me 1.99% for 75 months. That being said, given the number I got today going from the 2.9%/78 months to 1.99%/75 months increases payments by about $6.

Last edited by nikeman; 06-13-2013 at 11:04 PM.
Sponsored links
Old 06-13-2013, 11:17 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2013 Ddoge Ram
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
dodgetank is on a distinguished road

If you have a signed purchase agreement, I can't see them being legally allowed to increase the price without your approval.

When I bought mine, I didn't have anything signed and they tried to up the price by $700 when the truck came in. I complained to the salesman, no luck.. Sales manager told me they wouldn't drop the price ONE dollar because they had to bring the truck in from an out of province dealer. They knew they were bringing it in from out of province, but didn't bother to tell me that they wouldn't be able to honor the deal that they gave me. I called the GM and about a half hour later the sales manager called back and gave my the truck for the agreed price and apologized.

Call the GM or the owner and have a chat and see what happens.
Old 06-13-2013, 11:25 PM

Vehicle: 2013 ram
Trim Level: laramie
Color: silver
rroberts6969 is on a distinguished road

Don't forget "Free advise" is worth what you pay for it.I didn't have a signed agreement with the dealer but I did have the order sheet showing my price for the truck ordered 1-17-13. The dealer said the price had changed 400.00 I told them since I was buying a 13 model at all most the same time as the 14 either sell at the agreed price for the 13 or I would go to another dealer and buy the 14 as it was Rams problem for not building the truck, not mine.He said he called Ram and they agreed to the original price if I would buy.Good luck.
Old 06-13-2013, 11:36 PM

Thanks. I am pretty sure what I signed was the purchase agreement but I guess I could be wrong. Also, maybe taxes, title, and tags wernt included before...? Like I said, this guy does not talk about numbers so ill have to sit down with him and make him break everything down for me and mainly explain why my payments went up $20 after making 3 additional payments on my trade in which I'm sure added close to $1000 more in equity.
Old 06-13-2013, 11:53 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: White
Dana60 is on a distinguished road
Default Everything fine here.

My Laramie that I ordered May 1st arrived yesterday and I picked it up today.
No price increase here. When I ordered it, my salesman told me if any additional rebates surfaced before my truck came in, that they would apply it. Apparently a $500 rebate had been mailed in an advertisement. I never saw it or threw it away, but the dealership printed another one and applied it as well.
Old 06-13-2013, 11:55 PM
Misses the Champ.

Vehicle: 2012 1500 reg. cab 4x4
Trim Level: Express
Color: Mineral Gray Metallic
Engine: 2009-2012 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:3248
PaulMys has a reputation beyond reputePaulMys has a reputation beyond reputePaulMys has a reputation beyond reputePaulMys has a reputation beyond reputePaulMys has a reputation beyond reputePaulMys has a reputation beyond reputePaulMys has a reputation beyond reputePaulMys has a reputation beyond reputePaulMys has a reputation beyond reputePaulMys has a reputation beyond reputePaulMys has a reputation beyond repute

I think they are pulling a fast one. I live in a small town with a reputable dealer. I also signed a purchase agreement upon order. Upon one of my trips to the dealer for info on build status, (for which they were VERY helpful) the salesman said: " Good thing you ordered when you did, the price went up for your model by $400 two days after you signed. But you are locked into the original price as per Chrysler" Don't think they were lying about this!!
Old 06-13-2013, 11:58 PM

My dealer (he's actually the finance guy at my dealership) told me the day I ordered that my price could only get better with the exception of the trade in incentive that could not be locked in. I still have that but yet it seems my price got worse. These people never answer emails so I guess I just have to pop in on him and make him explain everything to me.
Old 06-14-2013, 12:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulMys View Post
I think they are pulling a fast one. I live in a small town with a reputable dealer. I also signed a purchase agreement upon order. Upon one of my trips to the dealer for info on build status, (for which they were VERY helpful) the salesman said: " Good thing you ordered when you did, the price went up for your model by $400 two days after you signed. But you are locked into the original price as per Chrysler" Don't think they were lying about this!!
My dealership sucks and after this I will never buy from them again nor will anyone I know. My sales person was new and did not know a thing about the truck when we test drove a couple. After we spoke for a few minutes she brought me to the finance guy who had all the papers ready for me to sign on the longhorn they had on the lot. I thought he was kidding and kinda laughed and said I wasn't buying that truck. He was serious and was upset with the sales girl for making him think that. I never once even showed interest in that truck because it was over budget and had the ugly off white trim on the white body. (That truck is still on the lot). After that he was deadset on selling me a brown truck on another lot and I told him flat out I did not want brown. That's how we got to the ordering process.
Old 06-14-2013, 12:14 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2013 Dodge Ram 1500 Sport
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Mineral Grey
Rep:19
ShaneDiddy is on a distinguished road

When i ordered tbe price was lower as well....i haven got the truck yet but got another invoice print out when i wanted the estimated build date....was a total $460 increase...the base truck price wss a little higher the destination fee was a little higher and the fold flat floor was on there as $100 ( which is nice but wasnt available when i ordered in Jan...how nice of chrysler to add it at a cost. Im a little mad about it but i still have the original ordersheet from jan that i signed..we'll see how it hoes when the truck gets here
Old 06-14-2013, 12:25 AM

Vehicle: 2013 1500 Big Horn Crew 4x4
Trim Level: Hemi 5.7L w/8 Speed
Color: Copperhead Pearlcoat
Rep:54
The Crow 1994 will become famous soon enough

That's the bad part with striking a deal concerning monthly payments and not a bottom line price. I would not pay a penny more for what price you originally agreed upon, but that's me.