DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2013 Dodge Ram Forum
Register Advertising Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

2013 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2013 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 06-15-2013, 10:46 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member

Vehicle: 2013 Ram Sport 1500 True Blue
Rep:91
nikeman will become famous soon enough
Default Extended warranties question

I am debating getting an extended warranty on my truck. I am looking at them at the link at the bottom. It is kind of confusing to me what makes them so good unless you get the lifetime and keep the truck until it just won't drive again. The highest without lifetime is 8 years or 120k miles. I get a 100k mile warranty with the truck so why pay for the same warranty to extend 20k more miles? Am I missing something. When I think extended I think it starts after the factory warranty ends but that's not how it works. Can someone shine some light on this? I know the max care covers more than the factory warranty but is it worth it? Unless its extending the bumper to bumper warranty to 8 years then I just don't get it.

https://www.chryslerwarrantys.com/
Sponsored links
Old 06-15-2013, 11:44 AM

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 4wd
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Maximum Steel Metallic
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:27
Jrewing is on a distinguished road

I'm getting the lifetime warranty with $100 deductible. Dealer is offering at cost. Worth it for the peace of mind. If I sell or trade in eight years, no big deal to me. Go lifetime.
Old 06-15-2013, 11:52 AM

I get the lifetime if your planning on keeping it forever but since its not transferable I don't think it's for me. What is so good about the Max care plan? I know the factory 100k is power train only but I just don't know. Are there more warranty options out there? Can you customize a plan maybe? I have until Wednesday at the earliest to research.
Old 06-15-2013, 12:08 PM

Vehicle: 2013 1500 Big Horn Crew 4x4
Trim Level: Hemi 5.7L w/8 Speed
Color: Copperhead Pearlcoat
Rep:56
The Crow 1994 will become famous soon enough

Don't forget to check out this place, too, if you decide to go with the Lifetime Warranty.

http://www.chryslerfactoryplans.com/
Mod List: Line-X Platinum Spray-On Bedliner, BakFlip VP Tonneau Cover, TufTruck 1223-V HD Coil Springs, Bilstein 4600 Shocks, Air Lift 1000 Air Bags, Air Lift Wireless One Remote System with On-board Compressor, & Weathertech Digital Fit Floor Liners
Old 06-15-2013, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Crow 1994 View Post
Don't forget to check out this place, too, if you decide to go with the Lifetime Warranty.

http://www.chryslerfactoryplans.com/
I have both sites open and this one is a little cheaper unles you finance which is what I would do. Says 12 month interest free but the price went up over $100 so so much for interest free. I got a code from the first one I checked for $180 right away but its still more expensive then the factory warranties place. Any other codes out there?
Old 06-15-2013, 12:24 PM

Vehicle: 2013 1500 Big Horn Crew 4x4
Trim Level: Hemi 5.7L w/8 Speed
Color: Copperhead Pearlcoat
Rep:56
The Crow 1994 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikeman View Post
I have both sites open and this one is a little cheaper unles you finance which is what I would do. Says 12 month interest free but the price went up over $100 so so much for interest free. I got a code from the first one I checked for $180 right away but its still more expensive then the factory warranties place. Any other codes out there?
I would print out the best price you can get online and take it to your dealer and have them at least match the price, if not beat it.
Mod List: Line-X Platinum Spray-On Bedliner, BakFlip VP Tonneau Cover, TufTruck 1223-V HD Coil Springs, Bilstein 4600 Shocks, Air Lift 1000 Air Bags, Air Lift Wireless One Remote System with On-board Compressor, & Weathertech Digital Fit Floor Liners
Old 06-15-2013, 12:43 PM

I'd rather finance it separate from my truck and pay the warranty off in 12 months or less and not add interest to my truck loan (higher payments for 75 months). Ill mention it to him but I'd rather not give him more money anyway just because I didn't get the greatest deal on my truck as it is.

There is a box for promo codes on the cheaper site but they don't ask for your email like the other site does so how do you get a promo code?
Old 06-15-2013, 12:51 PM

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Laramie Longhorn
Color: Deep Cherry PearlCoat / White Gold
Rep:16
buckmaster is on a distinguished road

One thing I have noticed reading the fine print since getting my Longhorn with the Lifetime Warranty. If you hold on to the truck long enough, when the cost of the repair exceeds the current value of the vehicle, their payout is limited to that amount. As an example, if your engine has a failure requiring a replacement (covered), the cost of the repair is $6k and the truck is worth $5K at the time of the repair, then they only pay that amount less the deductable. The warranty contract is then satisfied. Interesting. The way I read it.......it is the one time cost of the repair, not the total over a period of time. Most will probably not hold onto their truck this long. However with the new EPA rules being implemented for 2016 of 34.1 mpg for light duty p/u trucks, our current trucks might be worth more. 34.1 mpg means either a lot of technical modifications, much lighter weight, or much more effecient engines. Just sayin'. My hope is that our trucks will be worth more because of this epa rule.
Old 06-15-2013, 01:12 PM
Join the Dark Ram Side!

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 Quad Cab 4x4
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Rep:1543
DarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant future

Here are a few prices for you to mull over: Side heated LED mirrors are $700+ each, center touch screen is $1500, power widower motor $200 (I have 4 in my truck). Oh, and these prices do not include labor. Will these prices go down over time? Probably.

I had a 2000 Dodge Intrepid. I bought the extended warranty (Non-MOPAR). In 2006 the seat fried. At that time it was a manufacturer only part and that was 6 years after it came out. The seat alone was $900. The rack and pinion went out, the radiator had to be replaced twice, the timing chain came apart and took out some components in the front of the engine. All in the warranty company put $7000+ in to a vehicle I paid $12,000 plus $1500 for the warranty. They did finally drop me from the warranty but by that time I was ready to trade it in.

I have the MOPAR Lifetime warranty. I would buy it again in a heartbeat.
Magnaflow 14" Custom Install Bilstein 5100s Front Only Set at 2.8" Vararam Air Grabber Cravenspeed Stubby Antenna Dee Zee Tailgate Assist Billet Technology "The Punisher" Shift Knob Debadged doors and tailgate The Punisher Grille and Tailgate Badges Exterior Chrome Delete 20" XD Series 795 Hoss LT305/55R20 Nitto Trail Grappler M/T Cabin Air Filter BAKFlip Roll-X Tonneau Cover
Old 06-15-2013, 01:33 PM

How can they just drop you from a warranty!? Lol.