DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2013 Dodge Ram Forum
Register Advertising Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

2013 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2013 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 06-18-2013, 07:57 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2013 RAM 1500,CC,4x4,AirRide
Trim Level: Laramie 8-Speed
Color: Flame Red, Metalic Silver Trim
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
FDWolf is on a distinguished road
Default Build Status of my RAM 1500 vs. Manufacturing Plant Summer Shutdown

The latest information that CS can provide me is that my truck has been in D1 status since May,30th and should be approaching the assembly line some time soon....with an estimated shipping date of 6/25.

This cuts it very close with the planned shutdown of the Warren,MI. assembly plant for the first two weeks of July see bellow media announcement from Chrysler.

Statement Regarding Chrysler Group’s 2013 Summer Shutdown Schedule

In order to meet demand of some of the Company’s most popular products, several Chrysler Group LLC assembly plants will not observe a summer shutdown. These plants are:
  • Jefferson North (Detroit)
  • Conner Avenue (Detroit)
  • Toledo North (Ohio)
Additionally, all engine, transmission and stamping plants, with the exception of Indiana Transmission Plant II (Kokomo, Ind.), will work through the summer. ITPII will be down the week of July 8.

All other assembly plants will be observing a summer shutdown in order to implement improvement projects to support future production. These plants include:
  • Toledo Supplier Park (Ohio) – down the week of July 1
  • Belvidere (Ill.) – down the week of July 15
  • Toluca (Mexico) – down the week of July 15
  • Saltillo (Mexico) – down the week of Aug. 5
  • Sterling Heights (Mich.) – down the weeks of July 1 and July 8
  • Warren Truck (Mich.) – down the weeks of July 1 and July 8
  • Windsor (Ont., Canada) – down the weeks of July 8 and July 15
  • Brampton (Ont., Canada) – down the weeks of July 15 and July 22
Sponsored links
Old 06-18-2013, 09:30 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member

Vehicle: 2013 1500, CC/6'4", Hemi/8 spd
Trim Level: Longhorn
Color: Flame Red
Rep:352
DAA is just really niceDAA is just really niceDAA is just really niceDAA is just really nice

The way I see it, if the above dates are accurate (and I'd bet they are), and the Warren plant shuts down July 1, then there is less than two weeks left to get a 2013 Ram 1500 built. I'm assuming that when production resumes, it will be for the 2014's.

So, for those of us who have ordered 13's that have not been built yet, it sounds to me like we only have two weeks left before either our trucks are built, or we get switched to '14s and have to wait a couple months longer...

- DAA
Old 06-18-2013, 10:38 AM

Vehicle: Ram 1500 2013?
Rep:12
njcoons is on a distinguished road

Firstly, that is a horrible thought and I would think unprecedented. I wonder if they did switch us, If we would get an option to add any additional 2014 options, ie park sense in the front. Also, we were guaranteed incentives at or better than the day we committed to buy the truck, so I would hope they stand up to that!!!!!!
Old 06-18-2013, 10:47 AM

Vehicle: 2013 Dodge Ram Sport
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black
Clarkgriswald is on a distinguished road

That would really suck! I understand the shutdown but they better start lighting some fires under these truck orders to get them out. Now that we have waited so long I hope its not a mad dash to get the out the door with problems attached to them.
Old 06-18-2013, 11:11 AM

DAA is just really niceDAA is just really niceDAA is just really niceDAA is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by njcoons View Post
...I would think unprecedented.
Not unprecedented at all. Have heard of it more than once. Bet it happens every year when the new model switchover happens.

As far as pricing, adding new options, deals already negotiated etc. Well, <shrug>. Everything and I do mean EVERYTHING on a new car purchase is ALWAYS negotiable. I'd guess most dealers will try and stick with the terms of already negotiated deals, but try to adjust for differences in MSRP, which shouldn't amount to much, maybe a couple hundred dollars on a $45K purchase. Personally, if I end up in this boat, I'll push back hard on that adjustment and try to get my '14 for the exact same price we negotiated a '13.

Thinking about it, I'm not sure which will likely be worse, a last minute '13 cranked out at top speed to close out existing orders, or a '14 that is one of the first off the line. Just have to wait and see what happens I guess.

The good news, is if the thinking here is correct, we should actually know something in a couple more weeks.

- DAA
Old 06-19-2013, 10:42 AM

Vehicle: 2013 RAM 1500,CC,4x4,AirRide
Trim Level: Laramie 8-Speed
Color: Flame Red, Metalic Silver Trim
FDWolf is on a distinguished road
Default Mu build has started this morning per VOTS !

Mu build has started this morning per VOTS email notification.

Not sure if it was just my turn to get built before production shuts down at the end of the month. It now looks like they will meet the estimated ship date of 6/25 on my truck.

However I want to think it had something to do with the line of communication I opened with Chrysler Manufacturing Management via email yesterday. I received a personal reply that they would look in to it.

And then all of a sudden I am in FRAME....coincidence probably.

Fred
Old 06-19-2013, 12:37 PM

Glad to hear it!

Still nothing on mine. Looks like it is really going to be one of the very last '13s off the line...

- DAA
Old 06-19-2013, 01:43 PM

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 2X4
Trim Level: quad cab SLT
Color: sunburst orange pearl
Rep:2640
GTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond repute

it only takes about 15 hours for a Ram 1500 to get built, that is from the time the Frame goes onto assembly line, until the completed Ram rolls off the assembly line

in the same 15 hours at least 90 other Rams will roll of that assembly line
at least 1100 Rams will roll off that same line in a week

when the Frame gets set on the line, the cab, bed & doors are already going through paint, meaning those parts are being sprayed & going through dryers

I believe that the dash board & seating takes the longest to do, in other words the interior

what takes the most time is after the Ram gets the first inspection, it is sent off to body vendors to get the extra goodies that were ordered put on

this film is actually being filmed backwards in the process
they install the dash & seats before they put on the doors

Ram 1500 SLT Quad cab, 5.7 HEMI(R) MDS VCT, 5 speed auto 545RFE, 3.55 differential gears, 18" Magnaflow muffler, EGR bug deflector, Bushwacker fender flares, customized Nfab nerf bars, CB radio, Autonet wi-fi router, custom soft tonneau cover, Line_X bedliner, DEBO Step, build date 10/15/08 a Wednesday built vehicle
Old 06-19-2013, 11:06 PM

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Outdoorsman
Color: Maximum Steel
Rep:39
tev9999 is on a distinguished road

Is there really much changing between 2013 and 2014 that would require major overhaul to the assembly line during a shutdown? From what I have been reading here and elsewhere over the last couple months doing research, it seems 2012 to 2013 has been more of a rolling changeover. Late availability of 8 speeds, late long beds on CCs, etc.

The two week shutdown is more to minimize disruptions due to summer vacation. Force everyone to take vacation at the same time and you don't have to worry about trying to run with 40% of your workforce. I am sure they do schedule preventive maintenance in there too, but that can be managed. Since other plants are managing without a shutdown due to high demand, they don't really need the time for model changeover. They can probably build the last 2013 at 10:00 on a Tuesday and have the first 2014 roll off at 10:05.
Old 06-20-2013, 02:30 AM

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 2X4
Trim Level: quad cab SLT
Color: sunburst orange pearl
Rep:2640
GTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond repute

They retrofit & clean up everything in those 2 weeks
the robots are reprogrammed, the paint booths are scrubbed
the employees are retrained
everyone needs 2 weeks off a year minimum
Ram 1500 SLT Quad cab, 5.7 HEMI(R) MDS VCT, 5 speed auto 545RFE, 3.55 differential gears, 18" Magnaflow muffler, EGR bug deflector, Bushwacker fender flares, customized Nfab nerf bars, CB radio, Autonet wi-fi router, custom soft tonneau cover, Line_X bedliner, DEBO Step, build date 10/15/08 a Wednesday built vehicle