DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Chassis - Drive Line - Suspension - Wheels and Tires - LEVELING

Notices

Custom Chassis - Drive Line - Suspension - Wheels and Tires - LEVELING Discuss anything related to Custom Dodge Ram Wheels, Tires, Brakes, Suspension Mods, Chassis Mods and Tuning, Towing options, Driveline, Differentials, Sway Bars, Lowering Springs, Strut Braces, etc.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 06-19-2013, 12:00 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2011 Ram 1500 Laramie
Color: Mineral Grey
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
litemup426 is on a distinguished road
Default Post-Leveling Squeaks

I have a 2011 4wd Laramie and I installed the 2'' HBS kit about 4000 miles ago. About 2 weeks ago the front end started making an awful metal on metal squeaking noise whenever I go over bumps. After verifying all the suspension parts where tight I looked for areas where it may be rubbing and couldn't find anything. I've also noticed that it needs an alignment, only the outer half of the tires seem to be making contact with the pavement however I doubt this is the cause of the squeaking. Has anyone else dealt with a similar issue?
Sponsored links
Old 06-19-2013, 12:42 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2004 Dodge Ram 1500 4X4
Trim Level: Sport quad cab
Color: Bright Silver Metallic
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:360
starquestbd22 is just really nicestarquestbd22 is just really nicestarquestbd22 is just really nicestarquestbd22 is just really nice

Not sure what your squeaking could be unless something was installed improperly. I am certain it needs an alignment ASAP though. It should have been done when the truck was leveled. It may not fix your squeak now but it may very well have contributed to whatever is causing it.

***EDIT***
Just realized that was your first post. Welcome to the forumz! Hop over to the Newbie section and introduce yourself.
06-08 chrome clads w/33" Cooper Discoverer H/T Plus, Mopar tailgate spoiler, debadged door trim & tailgate emblems, 13" antenna, LED dome & maps, Magnaflow 22" SI/DO, 18% tint, "HEMI" hood spears, VHT tinted tails & third brake light, Lamin-x optic blue fogs, leveled w/McGaughys 2" drop shackles.

Last edited by starquestbd22; 06-19-2013 at 01:14 AM.
Old 06-19-2013, 01:02 AM
Lifted Cummins Fanatic

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram 3500 CCSB 4x4
Trim Level: Laramie Limited
Color: Mineral Grey Metallic
Engine: 2011-20?? 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 350hp 800lb/ft
Rep:1990
brandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by starquestbd22 View Post
Not sure what your squeaking could be unless something was installed improperly. I am certain it needs an alignment ASAP though. It should have been done when the truck was leveled. It may not fix your squeak now but it may very well have contributed to whatever is causing it.
This ^^^^ !!!!!!

2012 Ram 3500 Laramie Limited Cummins Build Thread
8" BDS Long Arm Lift with Fox 2.0 Shocks | Dual Fox 2.0 Steering Stabilizer | 37x13.5 Toyo MT's | AMP Powersteps & Bedstep | Bakflip G2 | Mag-Hytec Rear Diff Cover | 5000K Morimoto HID's (lows and fogs)
H&S MiniMaxx Custom Tuned | 4" Flo Pro Stainless TBE | Sinister EGR Delete | ARP 425 Head Studs | 4.56 AAM/Yukon Gears | S&B Intake | Instagram: @brandonjansen
Guide to Leveling & Wheel and Tire Sizing for 06+ 4wd Ram 1500's
Old 06-20-2013, 09:28 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2011 Ram 1500 Laramie
Color: Mineral Grey
litemup426 is on a distinguished road

Well I took it in for an alignment yesterday and the noise has almost completely gone away.
Old 06-23-2013, 12:52 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram 2500 Mega Cab
Trim Level: LongHorn
Color: Blue
pschroebel is on a distinguished road

Front end squeaks and noises. . . .
I have a Ram 2500 4WD, I too noticed squeaks and noises coming from the front end. I found that the (2) front body mounts under the front bumper had filled with water and began to rust. I remove the bolts with an impact gun and the rusty water poured out on to me!. I dried everything and then Anti-seized the threads on the bolts, grease the inside of the mount and the retaining washer. I re-installed greased bolts and washer with an impact gun and went for a test drive. NO MORE NOISES!!!

Ok the next stage, I will move them again and drill 2 weep hole through the washer, then paint them with cold galvanized compound, then spray the bolt shaft, mount center and whatever else I see with Rubberized Under Coating and then reassemble all again.

Evidently water is become trapped in the mount, whether it drips in from the frame, off the road or just condensation makes no difference. This should be performed as soon as possible before the mount or retainer rusts out.

Just FYI

-Peter