DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2011 Dodge Ram Forum
Register Advertising Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

2011 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2011 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 02-25-2015, 06:03 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2011 Ram 1500
Trim Level: slt
Color: white
Engine: 2009-2012 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
papatuv is on a distinguished road
Default Climate control switches issues

Ok, im about fried eyed from google searches and the like. I cant seem to find a specific issue to mine. Any help or redirect to a good thread about this would be appreciated. Here is my issue; When I turn on my blower for the climate control, it works on all speeds, however only cold air blows out of the bottom vents. If I turn my temp knob all the way to hot, still cold air, if I turn my vent selector to defrost, panel or floor, cold air still only comes out of the floor. Ok by now most of you are probably thinking Blend door but please read on .. here is the kicker.

If I try to hit the Recirculate the knob does not light up, nor will the AC kick on or light up on the knobs when selected. The Rear Defrost light does not come on either when selected. My Radio, my lights, and everything else works just fine. Its only the three knobs on the climate control that seems to be the issue.

This issue happened about a month ago during our coldest day of course, but the problem magically went away after A restart of the truck, after it sat for a few mins. Today it has done it again and its not magically working either. And yet again we have another cold front with snow coming in today.

2011 Ram 1500 with Hemi

Any suggestions beside taking it to the Stealership would be appreciated. Thanks!

John

Last edited by papatuv; 02-25-2015 at 06:08 PM.
Sponsored links
Old 02-25-2015, 10:43 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Trim Level: slt
Color: white
Rep:10
papatuv is on a distinguished road

I went out tonight and pulled off the center bezel, then unplugged the two connectors that attach to the circuit board behind the controls, then re connected them. Now its working, but I have a feeling this issue will come back. Ill check it again in the daylight and possibly clean the contacts of both. But for now it seems to be working, time will tell.
Old 03-02-2015, 08:10 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member

Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Black
Rep:92
steveo00 will become famous soon enough

Any news? Hoping that by cleaning out the contacts it solved your issues.
Old 03-03-2015, 11:19 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member

Vehicle: 2011 dodge sport 1500 hemi
Trim Level: sport
Color: green
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:657
huntergreen is a splendid one to beholdhuntergreen is a splendid one to beholdhuntergreen is a splendid one to beholdhuntergreen is a splendid one to beholdhuntergreen is a splendid one to beholdhuntergreen is a splendid one to behold

i would have thought the blend door issue. mauybe it did have something to do with contacts.