DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2013 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2013 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2013 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 06-22-2013, 08:20 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2009 Ram CC 4X4
Trim Level: SLT, Big Horn
Color: Black Pearl coat
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:233
Ramzaq has a spectacular aura aboutRamzaq has a spectacular aura aboutRamzaq has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by domesticman View Post
(3) If you look down the truck you'll notice what appears as an indentation in front of each door handle. Subtle but there.

If you look at all the truck manufacture's you will see the same thing. It is the problem with thinner sheet metal they use to eliminate weight. I saw a picture of a GMC that looked like the handles had been kicked in it was that bad on one of the forums, wish I could remember which one. I"ll try to find it.
Sponsored links
Old 06-22-2013, 11:53 PM

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Prairie Pearl
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:20
joelweb is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by domesticman View Post
I picked up my truck on Monday evening and it's been a treat but I must say, there are a few things I'm a little bit concerned about. I don't have pictures for some issues but will post later. My white 1500 is loaded with every option for the reference. Below I'll identify them:

(1) RUBBING! My stock 20's rub on the front driver side. When I crank her to the left it makes direct contact to the inner splash guard mould. My right passenger side has well over 2" of clearance from back of the tire to the splash guard when at a full right crank. I was told there's a default bubble that sticks out too much and it can't be adjusted by the clips on the back so they'd order a new guard for the inner panel. I brought it today to the dealer for a replacement on it (they ordered one in on Tuesday), so they install it and sure enough - RUBS AGAIN! Call up the service manager and tomorrow he said he'll take care of it. You can easily apply heat to reform it but that's WRONG, get the right part in for this. I'll report back regarding that.

When I'm in Offroad 2 mode, I have about 1/2" of that clearance for the full left crank but when I'm in entry mode it touches and forces the panel in. When I'm at normal ride height it'll still hit.

(2) If you catch the truck with a dimmer light as opposed to directly on it, you'll notice the orange peel effect all over the damn thing.

(3) If you look down the truck you'll notice what appears as an indentation in front of each door handle. Subtle but there.

(4) 4-5 indentations across the tops of each Rambox. It's very noticeable in any light and the major one to appear is right at the lock of the Rambox. Brutal.

The rest are minor and fixable but here they are:

(A) Left back part of box has the end moulding up instead of flat and down.
(B) Rear left Rambox not aligned at all near the back and needs to be brought down tighter as it sticks up unevenly 1/2".
(C) The pillar tape on the right side has an uneven cut and a noticeable air bubble. Again, small and picky but fixable.
(D) UCONNECT has rebooted on me 10 times since having it. Hasn't been as bad today but the apparent reason is that an update was issued and it needs updating.

Please post any similar issues based on the method of entering each issue.

IMHO, Chrysler's "quality control" is sad. I'm not sure what to say. I'm happy as a pig in shit with everything else but all of the above keep playing in my head. Honestly bugging me like no tomorrow.

POST POST POST!

A couple of your concerns seem legitimate, the rest make it sound like you are impossible to satisfy.
Old 06-23-2013, 12:09 AM
"Just living the dream"

Vehicle: 2013 Dodge Ram Longhorn
Trim Level: Longhorn Rambox
Color: Prairie Pearl / White Gold Trim
Rep:1634
Chunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant future

Sorry to hear that you are having issues......Please keep us updated and let us know how you make out,.....

Enjoy RamForumZ? Support your forum and become a SITE SUPPORTER today!

Please be sure you understand the Ram ForumZ RULES

"MOST OF ALL HAVE FUN AND ENJOY THE SITE"
Old 06-24-2013, 09:52 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2014 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: White
Rep:420
skytop is just really niceskytop is just really niceskytop is just really niceskytop is just really niceskytop is just really nice

When I test drove a brand new '13 Longhorn with 4 corner air suspension set to low setting (for highway use), as I pulled out of the dealer's parking lot and turned to negotiate through parked trucks, I immediately heard the front d/s tire rubbing. The salesman immediately increased ride height on level and the rubbing condition stopped.
Old 06-24-2013, 01:05 PM

Vehicle: '13 1500 CC 4x4 HEMI 8spd
Trim Level: Sport
Rep:10
domesticman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by skytop View Post
When I test drove a brand new '13 Longhorn with 4 corner air suspension set to low setting (for highway use), as I pulled out of the dealer's parking lot and turned to negotiate through parked trucks, I immediately heard the front d/s tire rubbing. The salesman immediately increased ride height on level and the rubbing condition stopped.
There's going to be a recall for sure.

My dealer put it on the hoist, anchored in two tie-straps and pulled the moulding back. It's a stupid design because the harness is like 3 inches back from where the bump on the splash guard actually is.

Now I've got 24" wheels on the truck and at the entry level it doesn't rub but it's still close lol.
Old 06-24-2013, 01:13 PM

Old 06-24-2013, 01:17 PM

Vehicle: 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8
Rep:3883
Grubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond repute

Orange peel is very normal and completely acceptable.

It's essentially the way paint settles onto a [bumpy] surface after being sprayed and making surface contact. The only way around it is to have an incredibly smooth sub-surface prior to spraying paint onto it. Which in and around itself is an incredible difficult achievement or impossible as some claim.

Your very high-end vehicles costing ten times the price of our trucks exhibit the same symptoms.

Grub out!
Old 06-24-2013, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grubrunner View Post

It's essentially the way paint settles onto a [bumpy] surface after being sprayed and making surface contact. The only way around it is to have an incredibly smooth sub-surface prior to spraying paint onto it. Which in and around itself is an incredible difficult achievement or impossible as some claim.

Your very high-end vehicles costing ten times the price of our trucks exhibit the same symptoms.
True enough. Good point.
Old 06-25-2013, 07:57 AM

Vehicle: 2014 1500 4x4 CC Laramie 392
Trim Level: Laramie Crew Cab
Color: Bright White
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Rep:28
ramit355 is on a distinguished road

Bought My Laramie just over a week ago. Had the rubbing in wheel well on driver side . Took truck into dealer. The dealer said many new trucks coming in with air shocks were not "calibrated" at factory. They said my truck was not sitting level due to the calibration. They re-calibrated the truck and all rubbing issues are GONE!!! In any mode the truck does not rub at all now. It did in fact have a slight Left Pull as well and its gone from where the truck was not level. Hope this helps!!! I cannot find any other flaws but the u-connect keeps flashing a reminder that does not allow settings while not park during driving which annoys the hell out of me. Dealer said this was a normal reminder....but I thinks its B.S. from dealer!!

Other than the above I really like my new 8 speed Ram. Its the 4th Ram I have owned and liked them all....But this one is the cats Meow!!!
Old 06-28-2013, 02:51 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge 1500 Ram - Quad Cab
Trim Level: TRX 4 Off Road
Color: Brilliant Black Crystal Pearl / Light Greystone Pearl
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:26
Rocky Harbour is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grubrunner View Post

I have to disagree, yes it may be normal for a Dodge pickup. I also own a 2007 VW Beetle and a 2008 Toyota Yaris. There is no orange peel in the paintwork. They cost 1/2 what my truck did. The truck is covered in it, as well as dirt nibs in the paint.