DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2012 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2012 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2012 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 06-21-2013, 10:26 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2012 dodge ram outdoorsman
Rep:10
Ram2027 is on a distinguished road
Default bully dog hemi plus

Hi guys picked up the bully dog gt tuner for my ram 2012 outdoorsman cant get it working I plug the micro chip in the computer and try to change vechicle thing don't come up all comes up is update done that and it don't work on the truck help please
Sponsored links
Old 06-21-2013, 01:08 PM
Lifted Cummins Fanatic

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram 3500 CCSB 4x4
Trim Level: Laramie Limited
Color: Mineral Grey Metallic
Engine: 2011-20?? 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 350hp 800lb/ft
Rep:1990
brandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant future

I found it didn't work to plug the SD card into the computer through the adapter. I put the SD card back in the tuner and then plugged the tuner in through the USB cable. That solved the problem. Try that and see how it works for you.

2012 Ram 3500 Laramie Limited Cummins Build Thread
8" BDS Long Arm Lift with Fox 2.0 Shocks | Dual Fox 2.0 Steering Stabilizer | 37x13.5 Toyo MT's | AMP Powersteps & Bedstep | Bakflip G2 | Mag-Hytec Rear Diff Cover | 5000K Morimoto HID's (lows and fogs)
H&S MiniMaxx Custom Tuned | 4" Flo Pro Stainless TBE | Sinister EGR Delete | ARP 425 Head Studs | 4.56 AAM/Yukon Gears | S&B Intake | Instagram: @brandonjansen
Guide to Leveling & Wheel and Tire Sizing for 06+ 4wd Ram 1500's
Old 06-21-2013, 06:17 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500 Quad
Trim Level: Bighorn
Color: Silver
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:286
naturecannon is a jewel in the roughnaturecannon is a jewel in the roughnaturecannon is a jewel in the rough

Latest update is posted here. A013

The BD updater software (is useless) DOES NOT update to the latest versions so that link above for the update will save you a half hour plus hold time if you where to call BD and thats if you have the time to call them during the week when they are open. CS line only convenient for the retired guys in my opinion. They close at 5pm CMT, no weeked hours.

Keep in mind if you are into the traction control disable special function your ABS and brake light will be lit up on dash if disabledl. BD just cant seem to fix that after many updates. Also after every truck restart you have to toggle traction control. Another words the setting dont stick so you have to toggle back and forth enable-disable for setting to stick. It works when vehicle is running.

Have fun!!
Old 06-22-2013, 12:36 AM

Vehicle: 2012 Ram
Trim Level: Express Quad Cab
Color: White
Rep:37
DWWHemiguy is on a distinguished road

After a couple of updates on my BD it still didn't do what it was supposed to. I took mine back and got a flowmaster instead. Maybe when all the bugs are fixed I'll try again. Good luck though. Keep us posted.
Old 06-22-2013, 08:48 PM

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500 Quad
Trim Level: Bighorn
Color: Silver
Rep:286
naturecannon is a jewel in the roughnaturecannon is a jewel in the roughnaturecannon is a jewel in the rough

Besides a few problems in the past with my BD, my complaint with Customer Service operating hours, BD having no tech forum like the other guys, and a few minor "special option" bugs still in play.... I must say..... I LOVE the performance tune.
Old 06-30-2013, 10:14 PM

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500 HEMI 4x4
Trim Level: Lone Star
Color: deep cherry red
Rep:71
daviddup78 will become famous soon enough

why is it everytime i read about programmers theres always people having a pissing contest with the BD and trinity programmer?????? this tread for for BD right?? so here is my BD question, i see some good reviews and bad reviews about BD on the 2012 and 2013 trucks. before i order one can someone who HAS a BD and on a 2012 DODGE RAM 1500 ONLY!!!!! plz chime in at tell me your reviews about it and bad issues with BD only!! not Trinity!!! if they still have issues with BD ill just wait to order one and just install the 85mm TB. Thanks

Old 07-01-2013, 10:50 AM

Vehicle: .
Rep:4371
Asur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond repute

I have a BD on my truck since March, my 2012 ram runs great with it, I have spoken to there support and emailed them a few times and have had no issues with them, actually they are quite good. In today's terms of the internet everyone expects things to be instant, there service was very adequate for me being 3hr off there local time. Do I have issues like pinging, no I don't, have I had any issues with the unit, yes one, and its that on my truck I cannot disable the DRL's using the unit, they say they are working on it, so I don't really care, I plug it, upload the tune and remove it from the truck, did I see anything? well like most will tell you, the shifting is way better, I love my truck now with this new shifting setup. do I feel the extra power from the engine, yes I do, but most won't, 15-30hp most people will not feel it. Also, the ram ECU has a thing about it, when you bought your truck, the ECU apparently learns you driving style or pattern and sets itself up for that style, your style of driving, well this is what I noticed with the BD, when installing a tune, its like it puts the truck ECU back to Zero and it now has to learn how you drive again, but with the new tune, so it took me a few days of driving around before it seemed to kick in. After I drove the truck with the 91+ Octane fuel and tune I felt the truck was just not there anymore, I put back the stock tune and almost died driving it, put the 87+ tune back in, took another 2 - 3 days for it to come back to life and have been running that tune now. I do believe that a catch can is the best thing to have with the Higher Tune, it will keep your intake nice and somewhat cleaner than with none, it will also not effect your fuel as much as when burning all that oil vapor. My suggestion is if you run the 87+ tune use 91 Octane fuel, if you go 91+ use 93 - 94 octane. JMO. Also, Ram tunes or updates come out on the thrusday, so check the website on the friday for any updates, like anything in computers and software, there are continuous updates and fixes for these. Also, if you buy a BD, don't expect it to work straight out of the box, when they manufactured and boxed those unit, they had old software and firmware on them, get in touch with BD and get them to setup your unit with the latest software, make sure you have a computer attached to the internet and a usb port to connect the BD. Hope this helps
Old 07-01-2013, 12:06 PM

Vehicle: 2012 ram 1500 R/T
Trim Level: R/t
Color: Wht
Rep:145
Buellrider will become famous soon enoughBuellrider will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by naturecannon View Post
Latest update is posted here. A013

The BD updater software (is useless) DOES NOT update to the latest versions so that link above for the update will save you a half hour plus hold time if you where to call BD and thats if you have the time to call them during the week when they are open. CS line only convenient for the retired guys in my opinion. They close at 5pm CMT, no weeked hours.

Keep in mind if you are into the traction control disable special function your ABS and brake light will be lit up on dash if disabledl. BD just cant seem to fix that after many updates. Also after every truck restart you have to toggle traction control. Another words the setting dont stick so you have to toggle back and forth enable-disable for setting to stick. It works when vehicle is running.

Have fun!!
The Trinity does the same thing....that is Stability control being turned off not just traction control.

2012 R/T
Old 07-01-2013, 01:03 PM

Vehicle: 2012 dodge Ram Bighorn
Trim Level: big horn 4x4
Color: white
Rep:10
whiteknight312 is on a distinguished road

you see the sensors that control the ABS, stability, traction are all connected and used by that one wheel sensor. they use the Brake limited slip. when I had a titan, my axel seals leaked and all the rear sensors when poof. all the lights came on.

so when they turn traction off, you also do not have the ABS or anything else. I would not run this mode all the time as safety could be a problem.

I think ill go with hypertech because I never had issues with the max performance program with that unit.

Chris
Old 07-01-2013, 07:56 PM

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500 HEMI 4x4
Trim Level: Lone Star
Color: deep cherry red
Rep:71
daviddup78 will become famous soon enough

ASUR, you had no issues>? you said you took it out your truck , so it was still programmed even with the tuner not left into the truck? just wondering because my dad has a hemi and can i tune his with my tuner?? or does he need one also