DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2013 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2013 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2013 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 06-22-2013, 12:39 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 13 1500 Laramie Crew 6'4
Trim Level: Laramie 8Speed 4x4
Color: True Pearl Blue
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:68
Cookie Monster will become famous soon enough
Default BakFlip F1 w/Rambox 6'4 Bed - Not available Yet

So I went to a local backflip dealer today as I started to price out the backflip F1 for my CC 6'4 with Ramboxes and was told they are not availaible yet and they hope to have them available in Aug. I was like that's cool cause I was looking to get it sometime in Aug. So not fully believing him I went to BakFlip website to verify it. low and behold he was right. they only have it for a 5'7 with ramboxes.

He had mentioned due to the new CC 6'4 and some slight design change in the ramboxes (probably that whole hold for the ramboxes we heard about)

So I just hope they are available before end of Aug as I'd like to install it with decent weather and before the snow comes in Oct-Nov.

In fact after looking further on Bakflip website it seems no model is available yet in the 6'4 with Ramboxes

ok now with some more digging it seems I have found it on their site.

http://bakindustries.com/i-8595530-2...1-72203rb.html

I had to remove using 6'5 from sub model to find it.

Last edited by Cookie Monster; 06-22-2013 at 12:45 AM.
Sponsored links
Old 06-22-2013, 12:51 AM

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 CC 6'4
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Copperhead Pearl
Rep:30
ss3079 is on a distinguished road

Glad you found it. I have a Fibermax for a Rambox equipped 6'4 bed sitting here waiting to be installed.
Old 06-22-2013, 12:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ss3079 View Post
Glad you found it. I have a Fibermax for a Rambox equipped 6'4 bed sitting here waiting to be installed.

I have email backflip to make sure on this as it might be listed on their website but not available to order yet.

will post when I hear back from them.

I may also call a few other backflip dealers that are local tomorrow.
Old 06-22-2013, 12:56 AM

Vehicle: 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8
Rep:3883
Grubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond repute

That's awesome BUT that price is way too much!

Grub out!
Old 06-22-2013, 12:56 AM

Vehicle: 2009 dodge Ram 1500 4x4
Trim Level: Laramie crew cab
Color: Grey
Rep:41
uktitus is on a distinguished road

In 2009 extang were ahead of the curve worth considering.
Old 06-22-2013, 01:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grubrunner View Post
That's awesome BUT that price is way too much!

yes it is on the high side.
Old 06-22-2013, 01:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uktitus View Post
In 2009 extang were ahead of the curve worth considering.

Thanks for the info. I did actually look at them and few others and came to the conclusion I really like the backflip.
Old 06-22-2013, 03:00 AM

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 Hemi 8-speed
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Black
Rep:883
RedSmart is a splendid one to beholdRedSmart is a splendid one to beholdRedSmart is a splendid one to beholdRedSmart is a splendid one to beholdRedSmart is a splendid one to beholdRedSmart is a splendid one to beholdRedSmart is a splendid one to behold

Well I can tell you that yes they do have them, and yes that is the correct number.

I ordered mine about a week ago and installed it (well 90% of it anyway) yesterday.

There are a few issues that I am in the process of fixing, but for the most part it should be good.

The unit is a 4 panel and not a 3 panel, and the installation instructions they send you is for a 2010 model year not the 2013. Heck it's not even the 2012 version! LOL......

Here is a link to an install for a Rambox, but it isn't identical to ours.

I'm hoping to fix my problems on Sunday, so if you want to wait until Sunday night I can let you know if I fixed them before you order one.

As a side note, I ordered mine from fastNugly and got it within 4 days I think and at what I thought was a pretty good price.

Sorry I only have a night shot of what it looks like on, but I can take more pictures later with full details.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Bakflip F1 cover.jpg (106.2 KB, 13 views)
Old 06-22-2013, 11:24 AM

Thanks RedSmart.

I'll probably ordering from him as well. but wanted to shop around to get some prices as he told me he beat or match any price I get.

I'm wondering if due to the issues you are having that they stopped selling them and are in the works of fixing the issue.

Can you explain what issues you are having?
Old 06-22-2013, 12:09 PM

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 Hemi 8-speed
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Black
Rep:883
RedSmart is a splendid one to beholdRedSmart is a splendid one to beholdRedSmart is a splendid one to beholdRedSmart is a splendid one to beholdRedSmart is a splendid one to beholdRedSmart is a splendid one to beholdRedSmart is a splendid one to behold

Well I don't think that they have stopped selling them as this cut and past is from the website just a few minutes ago.

2012-2013 DODGE 1500 / 2500 / 3500 Ram (ALL CAB STYLES) with 6.3 ft. Bed and RAMBOXES, 72203 RB
Reg. Price:
$1,249.00
Sale Price:
$989.88
Save:
$259.12

I realize that ours is a 6'4" box, but with the amount of weather seal and the fact that you need some adjusting room, I don't think an inch off is bad.

I found that the mounting locations of the brackets that they give you are wrong. They give you exact locations as to where to put them (and I being a follower of instructions) followed the steps exactly.

When it came time to put the cover onto the truck, the mounting brackets that sit on the rail were off by several inches.

Further to that the rail in the bed of your truck that they show in the drawings and the video, is not quite the same rail as we have in our new 2013's. Or at least it's not the same as in mine.

That in itself isn't a big issue as for the most part everything should still work if you only use their instructions as a guideline and not gospel.

The other part that had me confused was the pivot arm bracket assembly. The bracket that they show that easily screws into the existing holes of the metal rail in the Rambox, do not line up at all to allow you to use them and hold your cover up in the fully opened position.

In fact they sent me a pivot arm bracket that looks similar to the other brackets, but they don't mention it in the installation instruction or the parts list.

I had everything put together before I realized exactly what that things was.

I had to take all the mounting brackets off both sides of the rail, put this thing back on and start again.

Once I had the brackets on and in the places that I thought they would fit, I went to lay my cover on and secure it. Of course then I found out that it won't close properly because of the adjustable tie down being located in the wrong spot (the spot where they tell you to put it).

So off came all the brackets again, removed tie down, put half the brackets back on, then the tie down and more brackets.......well you get the idea.

I tried calling and emailing Bak, but they are only responsive to your calls when you want to buy their products. After you have made your purchase it would appear that you are on your own.

I'm not quite sure what will happen should I have a warranty issue, but that's something that I'm hoping doesn't happen.

So without their help I have it on, but it doesn't close properly. There is something somewhere that is making it quite difficult to close as easily as they show in all their online videos.

It is raining here in Toronto today so I am going to have to wait for the rain to stop, or try adjusting it again tomorrow.

I called fastNugly as he was the person that I bought this cover from, and he has been great in helping me try and solve my problem.

We are in the same city, so he even offered to give me a hand if I can't figure it out.

As I said when it stops raining and I get a chance to work on it again, I will update you.

In fact I will take some detailed pictures and put a writeup on it explaining what I think would work best to install it.

I hope that makes sense what I've typed, but if not let me know. However I'm sure that once I get some pictures taken of my install versus their instructions it will all make sense.