DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2013 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2013 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2013 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 06-23-2013, 09:59 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Outdoorsman
Color: Maximum Steel
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:39
tev9999 is on a distinguished road

You should be able to find it yourself using ramtrucks.com. It is not the best search engine, but I've been spending a lot of time playing with it and have figured it out pretty well.

When you use the Build and Price feature, it will allow you to view local inventory. It will search based on some options, but it often gets things wrong so you have to adjust. Here is a sample search I just did.

http://www.ramtrucks.com/hostc/sni/I...PA,DMH,DSA,PR4

If you know the option codes, you can add or delete them from the end of the URL. Change the 40202 in the zip code to yours, or just change it on the results screen. Also be sure to change to search distance to 200+. Go to the options tab and check or uncheck the options on the one you are searching for. For some reason it always picks the basic seat material, so uncheck the vinyl. Checking the unique features will help you narrow it down - or you may just find one just like it closer to home.
Sponsored links
Old 06-23-2013, 11:32 AM

Vehicle: 2013 RAM 1500 5.7 SPORT
Rep:27
Ram Dude is on a distinguished road

There always seems to be a "transportation" or "delivery" fee. It's just another way they squeeze money out of the deal. Tell them to tint your windows or give you some side steps to make up for it...............
Old 06-24-2013, 12:20 AM

Vehicle: 2013 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Mineral Gray
Rep:61
UpToNoGood will become famous soon enough

The truck won't move its self 400 miles. It will cost time and money for it to be moved by the dealer or you. You need to ask yourself what is your time worth. Save the 400 and go get it, but you will need to fly or bum a ride and that adds to the cost of saving 400.
Old 06-24-2013, 12:31 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2012 RAM Sport CC 4x4
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black
Rep:623
bighemi04 is a name known to allbighemi04 is a name known to allbighemi04 is a name known to allbighemi04 is a name known to allbighemi04 is a name known to allbighemi04 is a name known to all

I sell cars. We dealer trade all the time. We do not charge transport fees. All we do is take a deposit or work the deal before we go get it. We have traveled 5 to 6 hours each way with no such fees. Tell them you arent paying a transport fee, if they try to charge you anyway, threaten to go get it yourself as it wont cost you $400 to go 400 miles.
Old 06-24-2013, 01:53 AM

Vehicle: 2011 dodge sport 1500 hemi
Trim Level: sport
Color: green
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:621
huntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to all

i have always found, i can get a better deal by purchasing from the dealers stock. just ask when they will get in a truck with the color and options you want.
Old 06-26-2013, 07:45 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2013 express
Rep:10
injineer is on a distinguished road

A little update to the story. I talked to the sales manager at that dealership today who was trying to explain to me why their quote was higher than another dealership when in fact their final price would be less. He specifically said he doesn't charge any additional fees like the other place does such as transportation fees, ever! I informed him his salesman was trying to charge me that very same fee and he back pedaled pretty quick saying salesman was wrong and didnt know why he would say that.
I tell ya this new truck purchase would be a lot more enjoyable if I could bypass the sales staff.
Old 06-27-2013, 11:39 AM

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 Hemi 8-speed
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Black
Rep:883
RedSmart is a splendid one to beholdRedSmart is a splendid one to beholdRedSmart is a splendid one to beholdRedSmart is a splendid one to beholdRedSmart is a splendid one to beholdRedSmart is a splendid one to beholdRedSmart is a splendid one to behold

I always have an image of Herb Tarlek in my head when I start my car shopping. LOL