DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 5.7 HEMI V8

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 5.7 HEMI V8 Discuss modifying your Dodge Ram with Performance Parts and Accessories!
Factory Spec: 5.7-liter HEMI® V8 engine - 390 horsepower, 407 lb-ft of torque.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 06-24-2013, 11:10 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8
Rep:3883
Grubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond repute

I agree with the general chorus sung here.

That's about 40HP higher than the "norm," all things considered. It just triggers everyone's BS meter almost instantly. Nature of the beast.

In saying that hover, neither myself or anyone else here has any credible reason to doubt your claims, so, I'm calling a user error or a calibration issue with the dyno [or some other type of abnormality], as opposed to you blowing smoke up everyone's arse.

Absolutely, there are manufacturing tolerances to take into consideration here as they do happen because no two vehicles' HP and/or TQ readings are a mirror image of one another [and they shouldn't be]; however, something like a 40HP elevation over the "norm" is a considerable gain that should raise question marks with the methods used to achieve such numbers.

Best wishes.

Grub out!
Sponsored links
Old 06-24-2013, 11:41 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2014 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: White
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:420
skytop is just really niceskytop is just really niceskytop is just really niceskytop is just really niceskytop is just really nice

Do you have the 6 speed or new 8 speed transmission.

I wonder if the new 8 speed is more efficient and absorbs less horsepower due to less frictional losses.
Old 06-24-2013, 11:44 PM

Vehicle: 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8
Rep:3883
Grubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond repute

He owns a 2011 model.

Grub out!
Old 06-25-2013, 12:40 AM

Rep:146
RadioFlyer will become famous soon enoughRadioFlyer will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger2107 View Post
Thanks for the replies,for those of you haters,that cant take a man for his word i dont care to waste my time with you(why would someone make up random numbers to impress anyone)if i did that i would only be lying to myself.i was there and i know what my truck does,,,,,
I think you're maybe mistaken somehow. If it were true you'd have the most powerful virgin 4'th gen known. That is why most are suspect of the numbers. I'd like to see you show us wrong. That would be awesome, but you need to show some pics.
Old 06-25-2013, 08:54 AM

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500 Crew Cab
Trim Level: SLT-Big Horn
Color: Bright White
Rep:76
cal45 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger2107 View Post
Thanks for the replies,for those of you haters,that cant take a man for his word i dont care to waste my time with you(why would someone make up random numbers to impress anyone)if i did that i would only be lying to myself.i was there and i know what my truck does,,,,,
Well, those Dyno #'s do seem to be high considering what others are coming up with and your truck is near stock. One factor is a shop Dyno will probably be more accurate than one that gets toted around to car shows. Being in Orlando, as I am - there is Titan Motorsports near the airport that does all custom performance and has a shop dyno. http://www.titanmotorsports.com/

I used them once for my 2003 Corvette that I had a Pro Charger & long tube headers on and it appeared to be right on. 3 Dyno runs cost me $75.
Old 06-25-2013, 09:14 AM

Vehicle: .
Rep:4371
Asur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grubrunner View Post
I agree with the general chorus sung here.

That's about 40HP higher than the "norm," all things considered. It just triggers everyone's BS meter almost instantly. Nature of the beast.

In saying that hover, neither myself or anyone else here has any credible reason to doubt your claims, so, I'm calling a user error or a calibration issue with the dyno [or some other type of abnormality], as opposed to you blowing smoke up everyone's arse.

Absolutely, there are manufacturing tolerances to take into consideration here as they do happen because no two vehicles' HP and/or TQ readings are a mirror image of one another [and they shouldn't be]; however, something like a 40HP elevation over the "norm" is a considerable gain that should raise question marks with the methods used to achieve such numbers.

Best wishes.
Well said, thats why my first comment was "Wow"
Old 06-25-2013, 11:57 AM

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 6.6L Hemi!
Trim Level: Crew Cab Sport 4x4
Color: Stone White
Rep:366
RamTex is just really niceRamTex is just really niceRamTex is just really niceRamTex is just really nice

A drag slip will show the real results i dont read into dyno numbers that much they are just numbers. Its not that hard to post pics or even vids on here for everyone too see, as most are baffled by your results... Not trying to hate just wanting more info thats all.

"New Project" 1969 Road Runner
BV Heads,K1 Crank and Rods,Corrillo Pistons,ARP Head, Main, Side Studs and Rod Bolts,Spartan Eagle Cam,6.1 Manifold,Fastman 85mm,LMI Hammer, ARH's,3000TC,Hemifever Tuning
Old 06-27-2013, 01:59 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2012 Express
Trim Level: Express
Color: White
Rep:47
1hotkadota is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamTex View Post
A drag slip will show the real results i dont read into dyno numbers that much they are just numbers.

But doesn't the drag slip show...numbers?

Just messing with ya.

But I agree with the general consensus here in that the dyno was the determining factor.

After all, isn't HP just a theoretical number based off of torque anyways?
Old 06-27-2013, 04:37 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 2X4
Trim Level: quad cab SLT
Color: sunburst orange pearl
Rep:2615
GTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond repute

my 2009 had 40,000 miles on it when i decided to run it on a dyno
it was 100% stock with new plugs, air filter, & a catch can

Ram 1500 SLT Quad cab, 5.7 HEMI(R) MDS VCT, 5 speed auto 545RFE, 3.55 differential gears, 18" Magnaflow muffler, EGR bug deflector, Bushwacker fender flares, customized Nfab nerf bars, CB radio, Autonet wi-fi router, custom soft tonneau cover, Line_X bedliner, DEBO Step, build date 10/15/08 a Wednesday built vehicle
Old 06-27-2013, 10:22 AM

Vehicle: 2004 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Black
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:184
ORT has a spectacular aura aboutORT has a spectacular aura about

The run was done at pep boys, everything from that place is messed up
Sidewinder Cam/Edge Converter/Pacesetter LT's/SCT&SC Stack/Hemifever Tune/BFI #32/20% UD Pulley/Fastman TB/Triple Pillar/1 TonCooler/Sonnax/E-Cutout/Venom Hood/SRT Bumper/Roll Pan/HID's/Aeroforce Wideband/E-Fan/Hellwig/2" Drop/170 Stat/D&S Rotors/Remote Start/Hella 500's/5% Tint/Black Everything